Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

injectors:whats real?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cool, warning taken. and i think you will find unless you attack ppl on this board first 99% of everyone on this board likes to keep peace on this forum, we are all here for the same reason not to try to hurt each other or start shit. Thats why this is my favorite forum there is non of that bullshit he said she said crapp.
    Anyways welcome to the forum i know you say you are an expert but i bet if you look around you can learn alot of stuff from the people on this board, i know i have.

Comment

definitely, ive been doing the same damn job for over 4 yrs now and always am learning shit- but i make a living selling this shit(salesman-what the hell have i become?haha!!!) but if i fuk up i lose the business, and for my field im doing great,so not to brag at all though. i guess we r all proud of our accomplishments.
      if ur 555 then im 666

Comment

Hey man the input is great-however- not to poke a hole in your whole retail love- a lot of the guys on here don't buy retail in the first place. Ebay-trading-performance shops(especially discounted ones) and direct hookups are used faaaaaaar more than retail for almost anything ppl buy on here that is performance related. For your subject for example, look up 'injectors' and places to get them and the general recommendation is to go to a salvage yard for the DSM ones, or get them from someone on here who did just that. So far I haven't met one person here who bought there injectors retail. If buying any other 'custom flow amount' injectors or anything you'd obviously be the guy to ask. If someone argues a bit and you come right back pissed that they said something against what you said they aren't attacking you. Once you look around a bit you'll agree that this is one of the best community car forums out there
        My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

well put and well understood. and not to be a smartass, but other than price you dont save a whole lot going ebay etc. dont get me wrong-I LUV EBAY, straight up. but alot of retailers have the abailability of alot more parts than what you think. i always tell my accounts "if its out there ill get it". only problem being- i have my markup. everyones gotta make a living.
          if ur 555 then im 666

Comment

Originally posted by Smokinspeeds
            Hey man the input is great-however- not to poke a hole in your whole retail love- a lot of the guys on here don't buy retail in the first place. Ebay-trading-performance shops(especially discounted ones) and direct hookups are used faaaaaaar more than retail for almost anything ppl buy on here that is performance related. For your subject for example, look up 'injectors' and places to get them and the general recommendation is to go to a salvage yard for the DSM ones, or get them from someone on here who did just that. So far I haven't met one person here who bought there injectors retail. If buying any other 'custom flow amount' injectors or anything you'd obviously be the guy to ask. If someone argues a bit and you come right back pissed that they said something against what you said they aren't attacking you. Once you look around a bit you'll agree that this is one of the best community car forums out there
            all is true. i work in sales too, mortgage sales at that. ppl always want shit done for free but I gotta get paid lol, noone works for free so that is why a lot of us choose to elminate middlemen and their overhead and deal either directly with each other, manufacturer or a whole-saler for the pure fact that we understand middleman wants to get paid ....we just dont want to pay him!
            h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

FS: 1 Piece JDM Headlghts blackhoused

My Members Ride !
            New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

isnt the irony overwhelming of being on both sides of that argument-i luv this shit!haha!
              mortgage huh- just bought a house, i might be lookin u up in a few yrs.-just kiddin
              if ur 555 then im 666

Comment

HAha... yeah to be honest when you post an advice thread as your first post it's gonna be ... interesting... lol. Just wondering, how much ebaying have you done personally? And how much would you charge for some 450cc injectors?

Comment

Originally posted by rickyduckworth
                  you have no clue how in depth this forum is capable of being.........this isn't a ricer convention

i question your true intentions with this thread......seems more like an ice breaker and an attempt at getting instant respect.........no way in hell you're actually concerned......
                  SHHHHHHH dun piss him off!! Every1 knew his intentions. Trust me, before you know it, either way his foot will be in his mouth. All one has to do is go look at acclipseh23's full turbo build...

Comment

i beg to differ as far as being a ricer convention. there is plenty of people here that have thrown a body kit on a car and think its fast. probably less people have had an engine apart- im not hatin, just sayin some ppl should watch their mouth.
                    what would I charge for a dsm injector(the real one) u can buy a whole set for what i charge- honestly. not sayin that w/ pride, just w/ greed.-sorry-we all have faults.
                    if ur 555 then im 666

Comment

i have no body kits on neither of my cars nor do most ppl in hte FI forum and i am quiet sure that both the turbo accord and h22 swapped civic are faster then ur cb7 or w/e u may have not sayin that w/pride just prior experience lol dude the FI forum is alike a community within a community, we all know what everyone else got, how much it cost etc lol. almost everyone who posts in the FI forum knows what they are talking about.
                      h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

FS: 1 Piece JDM Headlghts blackhoused

My Members Ride !
                      New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

yeah, ive thought alot about civics since the h series swap kits are available, but i love sleepers. and as far as turbo(to throw another ironic turn on things) i have a td05 sitting in a box still waitin to go on the acclude just tryin to figure out which fuel management i am going to use. really been leanin towards hondata. turbo was my intention the whole time. thats why i went w/ f22 block- cast sleeves.
                        Last edited by sensys01; 01-27-2006, 08:00 PM.
                        if ur 555 then im 666

Comment

Nice to see ya post something about your setup and what you are doing. There are some wings and kits on here yes but half the kits are on turboed cars because intercooler fitment isn't very easy on the stock front bumper. Hey why don't you post a User ride thread and show us what you have done/plan to do to your ride?

Comment

yeah, that would probably be a good idea, just havent got around to it yet. if my computer wasnt such a POS i would post some pics off my dig. cam. i would really like u guys to see how stripped i got this fukr. when i pop my my friends are like "dude, all u have is engine in there, literally" then they luv the fact its an ex w/ no accessories or interior xcept for dash and seats...thats it.
                            Last edited by sensys01; 01-29-2006, 12:19 PM.
                            if ur 555 then im 666

Comment

What's it weigh in? Another guy on here has stripped 120% of whats strippable haha... Has only ONE seat + dash = interior. cut out extra metal and every system not necessary to run removed. Weighs in at 2100lbs with him in it. Shrink your pics down and at least post something in the media thread and maybe when you are doing your turbo post a progress thread? Great way to get help when anything comes up.

Comment

Working...
                              X