Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Does my diagram of the catch can is ok?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does my diagram of the catch can is ok?

is this right? except the color :P

feel free to help me or take a laugh

I beleive all is in order! If i was your teacher id put a sticker on it What type of catch can are you using? I am getting one soon as well!
    Last edited by westsideaccord; 02-13-2006, 07:40 PM.

WaC!

Comment

i'm not sure what kind of catch can i'll work with... maybe this one http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...threadid=11009
      or one cheap on ebay

Comment

Just a bit curious but is a catch can really necessary? I mean I understand what it's for, but is it really THAT needed or is it more of a "bling factor" type thing?

(BTW, from my understanding, your picture looks about right)
        1993 Prelude S
        F22A1
        custom'ish turbo setup
        180 whp/217 ft-lbs super hot, super humid, super rich, boost falling off at 8psi
        18psi boost spike = BOOM!!!!!
        currently being rebuilt

Comment

Originally posted by mullet
          Just a bit curious but is a catch can really necessary? I mean I understand what it's for, but is it really THAT needed or is it more of a "bling factor" type thing?

(BTW, from my understanding, your picture looks about right)

Its more of a "save my ringlands" type thing

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Well shit, if it helps with the ringlands, I'm gonna start looking more into it since that seems to be the weak link in the F22 boost game...gracias

(Just another thing to think about before I put my motor to the boost test)
            1993 Prelude S
            F22A1
            custom'ish turbo setup
            180 whp/217 ft-lbs super hot, super humid, super rich, boost falling off at 8psi
            18psi boost spike = BOOM!!!!!
            currently being rebuilt

Comment

so, my diagram looks right? or should i change something?

Comment

Its good

Comment

please, r33, explain to me how it will help save my ringlands I thought it was only for catching the oil when you disconnect pcv and breather(in which keeps you from boosting valve and crankcase) Thank you seriously I am currently re-reading the tuning thread(s) by mrx and am learning more than the first time! Ps reason I must know this is to turbo and be rather reliable, so I can show all my hater friends and fam! Im sure you guys know hwat im taklin bout!

WaC!

Comment

I think I answered my own question from the link earlier!
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...threadid=11009

WaC!

Comment

To further elaborate...if you don't cap off the intake manifold then you'll be boosting your valvecover...therefore boosting your crankcase...therefore boosting everything in the oil pan including the crank, rods, pistons...and the dreaded piston rings
                      Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

that was a good write up by cokinut..i never knew the dude..actually i think he referred me to this sight back in the day..like a year ago...you see him around anymore? .

Comment

someone could tell me what to use to cap off the intake manifold?

Comment

um...so i dont run a catch can, and i have no problems. but my pcv just has a breather on it... I just get a nice excess of blue smoke from the breather when i floor it
                            Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Originally posted by labatt50
                              someone could tell me what to use to cap off the intake manifold?
                              i used the stock PCV vaccume line and just put a bolt in it

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Working...
                              X