Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Surging ?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surging ?????

hey guys so we turbo'd the car this week and its great except this one problem it surges at idle so we have replaced the dizzy and the plug wires and that helped a little then we replaced the o2 sensor which helped alot but its surging again. last night when you would step on the brake it would quit surging at idle what is that? we checked the brake booster to see if it was working good and it seems to be. So anyone have any ideas as to what else could be causing my surging?
    Last edited by midnightrayne; 02-26-2006, 11:31 PM.

air idle control valve, air bubble in the coolant, fast idle valve, pcv valve, or egr valve. later.
    Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

bubble in coolant??? that would cause a surging problem?

Comment

how does it surge in idle? i thought the turbine would have to be spinning and under boost for surge

i thought surging is when the throttle body closes and the compressed air shoots the opposite way back through the turbine

you got a blow off valve installed?

Comment

by surging i mean the rpms go up and the rpms go down like from 550 to 750 the air fuel goes back and fourth too usually around 14 to 18 ughh. sounds like a nasty cam'd engine but i want it to go away. yeah its got a bov. the surging actually went away after we got the new o2 sensor then we drove it around for a hour or so and then stopped again and it started surging again.

Comment

Originally posted by midnightrayne
            bubble in coolant??? that would cause a surging problem?
            oh yes, or even low coolant levels can cause surging. open the bleeder valve to see if little air bubbles come out. later.
            Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

somebody let me know in uberdata what do you have your iacv adjust set to? mine is on 25 does that seem right?

also it seems that when you have a load on the car it quits surging like the lights on and it will even out? what is the ELD electronic load detector and what does it do? i think its either that or the iacv.
              Last edited by midnightrayne; 02-26-2006, 11:31 PM.

Comment

99.9% of the time it some sort of a vacuum leak, bad gasket or u didnt plug the pcv vac port off from the mani.? As far as uber- I am still learning!

WaC!

Comment

Originally posted by midnightrayne
                  somebody let me know in uberdata what do you have your iacv adjust set to? mine is on 25 does that seem right?

also it seems that when you have a load on the car it quits surging like the lights on and it will even out? what is the ELD electronic load detector and what does it do? i think its either that or the iacv.
                  The ELD is just a load detector. Its not problem. I'm not even sure if the IACV in uber works. Set it to 0 and see if theres any difference. I still think theres a vac leak
                  Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

vacuum leak ,air in the coolant,bad sensor any cells

Comment

sounds like a small vacuum leak. I had the same problem, except mine surged from 1000-3000 rpms at idle, fine when driving. That was a big vacuum leak though
                      Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Originally posted by 92ex
                        sounds like a small vacuum leak. I had the same problem, except mine surged from 1000-3000 rpms at idle, fine when driving. That was a big vacuum leak though
                        where was your vacuum leak at?

Comment

some times you just get surging in uber, I dont really know why, probably becuase its not designed for f or h engines. I have noticed it a couple times for no aparent reason.

Surging usaaly happens when the idle is kicked down from cold to warm, so its not really a big deal

Comment

YEAH!!! we got rid of some of the surging it was the gasget or lack of gasket between the turbo and the down pipe. it has a small surge but i can live with it. anyways thanks for all the help, gonna block off the egr tomorrow and hope that helps a little more.
                            Thanks guys

Comment

Working...
                            X