Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

are injectors totally necessary?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

are injectors totally necessary?

i had my injectors cleaned and ultrasoniced flowed or whatever you call it.

if i go to a turbo setup, is it necessary to get the dsm 450cc injectors or something equal to it?

im planning on running anf tuning @ 7-8psi, although the injectors only run 60 bucks off ebay...so
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

I'm biting my tongue from saying something very smart and condescending. With that said the answer is yes.
    Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

actually u know what, u can go buy an FMU and keep ur stock injectors, how's that?
      Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Yes its necessary would you like more or less fuel to work with . Thats just like saying do I need do i need proper octane to run my car to reach its highest performance without having to worry about knock. You do dont cheap out you get what to upay for and ignore it then dont complain when it bites you back in the assssssss.

Comment

Well heres a question how necessary is a upgraded fuel pump. I was looking at the member's ride section and some people have them on there turbos and some dont. I have a walbro 255lph fuel pump laying around in my garage, i had on another car and i was wondering if it would help me out in the accord or if it would just be over kill.

Comment

It wont be overkill both the upgrade in injectors and the fuel pump is good but will be even better included in the mix is an aftermarket fuel pressure regulator along with the actual guage. Its not overkill at all it wil help deliver more fuel when the car requests for it when you go higher in power. The more fuel you can get to combust with the air properly the more fuel its gonna burn.

That just like taking a liter bottle of soda and turning it upside down with the cap off your gonna get a decent amount thats like having the fuel injectors with the fpr and pump. Now on the other hand if you take a liter bottle of soda and drill a small hole sure fuel will come out but not enough when you floor it and the turbo will throw in more air. Too much air not enough fuel is lean and i know its best to be slightly to run rich than run too lean.

Comment

i never upgraded my pump or got an aftermarket FPR. but i also never went past 10psi. It definitly wont hurt, but its not *needed*

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Originally posted by Accord R33
                i never upgraded my pump or got an aftermarket FPR. but i also never went past 10psi. It definitly wont hurt, but its not *needed*
                I personally wouldnt take that chance you risk your own motor bigtime. No need to drop out of the game so quick either. Invest moe youll love it as long as its done properly and thats without halfassin or cheaping out. Hell you can probably go over more than just 10 this time and for everyone. I say it is needed becuase sooner or later you gonna want to upgrade when you want extra power and not just limit yourself to oh i gotta get this and oh i gotta get that.

Comment

click click...image deleted?!?!
                  HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

thanks then i guess ill just stick with the injectors and the fuel pump for now

Comment

Originally posted by SIMSSEGA
                      thanks then i guess ill just stick with the injectors and the fuel pump for now
                      hwat kinda injectors and fuel pump you runnin with now?

Comment

Im just putting my turbo kit together now but i will be running walbro 255lph fuel pump and 450cc dsm injectors i dont plan on doing anything too major so im leaving the bottem end of the engine stock for this summer at least.

Comment

Originally posted by SIMSSEGA
                          Im just putting my turbo kit together now but i will be running walbro 255lph fuel pump and 450cc dsm injectors i dont plan on doing anything too major so im leaving the bottem end of the engine stock for this summer at least.
                          okay then you should be straight for now

Comment

well, i def aint cheaping out...im planning on spending 1500 for everything and a grand or whatever it costs (still need to research mopre) for tuning.

so yea, i guess ill buy the injectors and a upgraded fuel pump and a FPR to make myself happy.
                            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

definelty need the injecotrs, i dont have the 255 fuel pump yet but its definetly on my soon to buy list.
                              h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

FS: 1 Piece JDM Headlghts blackhoused

My Members Ride !
                              New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

Working...
                              X