Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

turn down the boost help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

turn down the boost help?

ok so i jus put a new ported evoIII 16g on last weekend but as it is, its putting out more boost then i really want wich is keeping me from beeing able to get on it yet cause when i do some times itll go to 14psi by the time i hit 4,ooo on the rpms jus wondering whats a good way to tone it down to like 10psi. now it has an adjustable actuator but ive never known anyone around me that has had that option plus dont know if its there just to boost more. If someone can help me out cause i really dont like slipping into 14+ lbs of boost when i want to get on it

so you have an adjustable actuator arm? if so..

shorter arm = higher boost
    longer arm = lower boost

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

thanks thats what i didnt know ill have to try it tommarow and see how well it works again thanks eric

Comment

hey just a thought what if i took the 14b wastgate actuator and put it on the 16g thing it would work? cause i read that the 14b actuator only goes to 9.5 mabey 10 and the most. let me know i only say this cause theres not much room to extend the 16g actuator anymore and im still goin over 10 when i hit it hard

Comment

bend the arm...not recommended but people do it...

My Old Ride Thread

Comment

Originally posted by chile
            bend the arm...not recommended but people do it...
            how would that make it longer?
            -Mark-
            CB7
            CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
            Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

so what do you guys think do you think it will work if i took the actuator off the 14b and put it on the evo3 16g? Im goin to try it this weekend when i paint my car figured ill do it while the car is down for the weekend? Get back at me if you have any opinoins or ideas

also on another note, one of the guys in the shop said since i have a universal rfl bov that i should try taking out some of the spacer washers in the bov and let it try to leak out air at higher boost so i wont go so high into the 14's anyone back that opinoin up im goin to try it on my luch break.
              Last edited by lowcord; 03-08-2006, 11:10 AM.

Comment

where is your wastegate vaccum line connected? to the compressor, or to the TB?

Comment

to the tb theres no nipple on the compresor housing

Comment

that could be part of your problem. the wastegate opens much later when its connected to the TB. If you connect it to the compressor, or as close to the compressor as possible your boost spike will be reduced by quite a bit.

Comment

well that suxs cause there is nowere on or near the compresor to tap into

Comment

Originally posted by ACC0RD22
                        how would that make it longer?
                        bending the arm will require more travel...there's a thread on it at HMT...

My Old Ride Thread

Comment

Originally posted by chile
                          bending the arm will require more travel...there's a thread on it at HMT...
                          but bending the arm would make it short then i would be boosting more psi wouldnt i

Comment

yup

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Working...
                            X