Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Turbo planning - F22B1 T3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turbo planning - F22B1 T3

Hey fellas. Just wanted to run some things by you.

Goal is to hit around 250-275whp and at least 190+tq with between 10 & 12 PSI of boost

I have most of this already and the rest is on the way:

Internally bone stock F22B1 (all new seals & gaskets)

Mild port work on intake manifold and intake ports

Garrett T3 .60trim from a 86 turbo T-bird (freshly rebuilt)

External 35mm adj. Wastegate

Boost controller

Custom downpipe, wastegate pipe & collector

HKS SSQV adj. BOV

Custom turbo header

Header wrap on turbo header, wategate pipe, downpie, and collector

Chipped & tuned P28

2 bar MAP

eBay special catch can kit

Custom turbo oil and coolant lines

Custom 2.5" charge pipes/intercooler piping

Large Intercooler

450cc Injectors

MSD 6AL

MSD HVC coil

MSD Cap & Wires

Megan racing adj. cam gear

eBay special adj. FPR

Turbo timer

Of course one step colder spark plugs

I am going incredibly cheap on this setup. Total costs are expected to be between $500-700. I'm making most of this setup from crap I have laying around and what I don't have is getting picked up at junkyards or getting made from scratch.

Here's the compressor map:

so at 12PSI (1.81 press. ratio)

with

CMf (12psi, 3000 RPM) = 12.15 lb/min
    CMf (12psi, 6000 RPM) = 24.29 lb/min

Boost would start to kick in around 2700-3k and would continue to rise to 74% eff. up till about 5.7k and even then would at least stay above 65% eff. all the way up to redline.

I know I could get a T3/T4 hybrid and make more power but like I said, I'm going cheap, cheap, cheap and I already had the T3 .60 laying around and it matches my needs perfectly.

I can supply the math I did to come up with this setup in case anyone is wondering. There's no guess work being put into it. I plan on boosting a stock motor 12PSI so I didn't want to take any chances. Let me know if you guys have any similar setups or suggestions. Plan on doing the turbo install within the next few weeks or month or so.

My Accord History:
    91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

2bar map your gonna need a 3

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle
      2bar map your gonna need a 3
      and your gonna need slightly larger injectors atleast 550s to make it fair and have enough room. And can you be a bit more specific in which wastegate youll be usin stay away from delta formally known as the deathgate.

Comment

I've got a GM 2 bar MAP and it's good at measuring up to 15PSI....so why do I need the 3 bar?

And the wategate is one of the few parts left that I haven't purchased. Looking at a Tial, HKS, Greddy, or something similar. I don't need any bigger than 35mm. Any suggestions for cheap but reliable w/gates?

My Accord History:
        91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

Comment

Originally posted by ACCLUDE91
          I've got a GM 2 bar MAP and it's good at measuring up to 15PSI....so why do I need the 3 bar?

And the wategate is one of the few parts left that I haven't purchased. Looking at a Tial, HKS, Greddy, or something similar. I don't need any bigger than 35mm. Any suggestions for cheap but reliable w/gates?
          sorry mane most of my parts are quality homey i dont cheap out of the good stuff. As for the bar im not sure if itll work but good luck. The main reason why i said a 3 bar that way if you wanna go higher you wont have to struggle and get another part. But to each his own

Comment

I calculated the fuel delivery. 450cc injectors will be good up to 250hp or so if RPM's are less than 6.5k RPM and fuel pressure of 55PSI+ will keep them below 85% duty cycle. Sure 550's would help with the max power and would not have to work as hard and at a lower fuel pressure. If I want to squeze any more out of it, I may upgrade later but I think some 450's will be good for now.....unless you have on great deal on some 520's-550's ?!?!?

My Accord History:

-Patrick

Comment

try searching on ebay. Calculating and actually seeing what your engine corresponds with your calculations are 2 completely different things. Keep in mind that not every engine is the same.

Comment

I appreciate the input so far!

Deff. some things to consider before I spend any more money or make any more parts. Thanks man.

My Accord History:

-Patrick

Comment

It depends on the engine management thats used on the MAP sensor. The Haltech would only read Vacuum on your stock MAP sensor. The Uber will read 1 bar on your stock MAP sensor. So really, it just depends on the engine management, which was not specified. (Haltech will only do 1 bar on a 2 bar map sensor, why I dunno)

Comment

Yeah, I'll be using Uber. As far as I know, the GM 2 bar will work fine. If any of you know for a fact otherwise please let me know!

My Accord History:

-Patrick

Comment

I don't know how this is only gonna cost $700 max...How much stuff do you already have?
                      Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

hehe....

F22B1 -$0
                        Turbo - $0
                        Rebuild kit -$75
                        Turbo header (made)-$0
                        BOV -$80
                        MSD 6AL-$0
                        MSD coil -$0
                        adj. FPR -$0
                        2 bar MAP -$10
                        Intake port work -$0
                        Downpipe & collector (made) -$0
                        Wastegate -$100
                        Wastegate pipe (made)-$0
                        P28 & extras - $80
                        Boost controller -$75
                        Intercooler Pipes -$80
                        Intercooler -$150
                        Injectors -$50
                        adj. Cam gear -$0
                        Header wrap -$35
                        Plugs -$25
                        Oil & Coolant lines (made) - $25

$785 total

Not everything is purchased and I may go cheaper on some items like the intercooler, wastegate, injectors and boost controller depending on what's available in the local junkyards here. Most of the high dollar items I either had already or made.
                        Last edited by ACCLUDE91; 03-06-2006, 03:29 AM.

My Accord History:

-Patrick

Comment

Originally posted by ACCLUDE91
                          hehe....

F22B1 -$0
                          Turbo - $0
                          Rebuild kit -$75
                          Turbo header (made)-$0
                          BOV -$80
                          MSD 6AL-$0
                          MSD coil -$0
                          adj. FPR -$0
                          2 bar MAP -$10
                          Intake port work -$0
                          Downpipe & collector (made) -$0
                          Wastegate -$100
                          Wastegate pipe (made)-$0
                          P28 & extras - $80
                          Boost controller -$75
                          Intercooler Pipes -$80
                          Intercooler -$150
                          Injectors -$50
                          adj. Cam gear -$0
                          Header wrap -$35
                          Plugs -$25
                          Oil & Coolant lines (made) - $25

$785 total

Not everything is purchased and I may go cheaper on some items like the intercooler, wastegate, injectors and boost controller depending on what's available in the local junkyards here. Most of the high dollar items I either had already or made.
                          BOV and boost controller you can get for way cheaper. But damn, that's nice setup for the money.
                          Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Yeah I know. I already purchased an HKS SSQV BOV with the purple insert (makes the already loud ass BOV even louder! lol). Got that for $80 shipped. As for the boost controller, I'd really like to get a nice digital unit with an electric solenoid for adjusting boost levels vs. the cheap manual knob controller. If I spend some money on a nice digital setup then I figure I can use it as my boost gauge & controller so that's one less gauge I have to buy. Plus it makes adjusting boost very convenient. We'll see about the controller.....still undecided.

My Accord History:

-Patrick

Comment

2 bar will work fine for 12 psi...good luck~ keep us posted!
                              My baby laying down some power...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd_Q8HSIyqA

Comment

Working...
                              X