Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

I beleive my eprom is shot!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I beleive my eprom is shot!

I think my eprom needs a reburn, the ecu(p06) is causing a constant cel, I resoldered the connections on the socket but not that lucky! Also the car is very hard to start when "cold" And is a big pain during cold idle, it dies and then I crank it for a few more secs than it dies again (mind you the tempurature round here lately is below zero C and usually -15 or colder! But it is warming up thanks to spring so!)
    Who sells burnt basemap eproms, Or even a richely tuned one for a 14b dsm setup? I want a spare anyways for dyno, and than this one will be used for street! I plan to log all my runs at a local shop that is getting a chassis dyno and than have one one of you help me correct my tune and then burn it on to the spare eprom! Will this work?! Thanks guys! I cant afford all the parts for chipping and burning, and round here right now it wouldnt pay off! I am gonna get ahold of a wideband soon though!
    Last edited by westsideaccord; 03-12-2006, 06:56 AM.

WaC!

shit i have a spare eprom burner i will sell ya, easy to use and new cables
    My baby laying down some power...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd_Q8HSIyqA

Comment

cut the jumper and see if it is the ext eprom...
      RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

ZigenballZ: Cut the jumper? Explain please!

HighC: How much you want? Interested!

WaC!

Comment

He's talking about the jumper at the J1 connection near the EPROM. If you remove it, the ECU defaults back to stock so you can test to see if the ECU itself is bad or if it's something with your mods/chip.

My Accord History:
          91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

Comment

I still need a basemap and/also the an eprom!
            Bump! Thanks all! I will try cutting the jumper tommorow!

WaC!

Comment

OK I cut jumper J1 and now do I reset the ecu? Or should the cel have gone off cause when I fired her back up it seemed to run fine but still the constant cel?!

I still need a eprom chip! CMon anyone?

WaC!

Comment

if you cut the jumper and it still shows a constant CEL when jumpering for codes then usually that means the ECU is dead.

Comment

So what if it doesnt run after cutting the j1 jumper? I still couldnt pull a code! I am lost!?! OK so I can drive the car once its warm and its fine(just like stock except more fuel and less power- due to no turbo installed yet)(with the j1 jumper still intact) without it wont run at all!
                  But its a bitch when its cold(the weather round here is 0,-15*c so)
                  It idles decent at first but then it chokes, so I give it a rev and it chokes even more!(still in cold idle) Like I said when its warm its fine! The car runs decent, restarts easily etc. So If the ecu was dead would it not mean that it wouldnt run??? HELP! I cannot really afford to get another frikkin ecu, and have it do the same frikkin thing! (a little angry right now ) Also does anyone know WHERE I CAN GET AN EPROM FOR MY SOCKETED P06 ECU, I have a 14b turbo with all dsm parts! I dont have a chip burner yet but am werkin on it! So ill need it burnt with such a basemap! MRX if your following this thread, hit me up! I did buy this Chipped/socketed p06 ecu from you after all and need some customer service! LOL

WaC!

Comment

Working...
                  X