Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Questions about turbos in vacuum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions about turbos in vacuum

Why do the maps have to be redone? Doesn't the engine operate basically the same (especially at engine speeds out of the turbo's operating range)?

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

what do you mean maps redone? most people use the stock vac map, then add in boost and tune that section.

Elaborate a little
    Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

unless they are not running stock injectors then they have to rescale the map and retune in vacuum as well.

Comment

Originally posted by v4lu3s
        unless they are not running stock injectors then they have to rescale the map and retune in vacuum as well.
        Depends on the program. Haltech yes. AEM you can input your injector size and duty, and the map is rescaled automatically.

Comment

Originally posted by 92ex
          what do you mean maps redone? most people use the stock vac map, then add in boost and tune that section.

Elaborate a little
          Ahh that's what I was wondering...cause I figured in vacuum the car is literally not making any boost, and other than the change in exhaust flow nothing's really different...

What's the highest level of boost you can run on the stock fuel system?

im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by AcclipseH23
            Depends on the program. Haltech yes. AEM you can input your injector size and duty, and the map is rescaled automatically.

i ahve used AEM, Hondata Romeditor, Crome, Uberdata, Hondata Smanager....and NONE of them rescale well enough that I would jsut do a rescale and call it a day. Every single one of them I have had to do a bit of tweaking and messing with it to make it run like stock. But if running a little over rich all the time is your thing then thats you.

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
              Ahh that's what I was wondering...cause I figured in vacuum the car is literally not making any boost, and other than the change in exhaust flow nothing's really different...

What's the highest level of boost you can run on the stock fuel system?
              not much. 450ccs injectors are cheap.
              Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

the injector scaling does most of the work, but it's up to you to fine tune it...
                My official vouch thread!

Updated!!! --> My official turbo progress thread

Comment

Originally posted by 92HondaEX
                  the injector scaling does most of the work, but it's up to you to fine tune it...
                  Your sig is killing me...

I'm seriously torn between going all-motor and turbo...I had no idea tuning was so...easy. Datalogging pwnz and could work well either way...oh man...

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
                    Your sig is killing me...

I'm seriously torn between going all-motor and turbo...I had no idea tuning was so...easy. Datalogging pwnz and could work well either way...oh man...
                    ...thanks....

if you go turbo you'll be happy, if you go NA, you help me out....
                    My official vouch thread!

Updated!!! --> My official turbo progress thread

Comment

Working...
                    X