Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

afther market dsm manis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

afther market dsm manis

idk if this is a repost or not

but today i was lookin at the new modified mag and i saw a stock, ported 1 or 2 gen clipes manifold with exturnal wg flange. the sight has a bunch other ones too.........we have a much larger selection of turbo manis for f22s....just redrill them

MachV.com

Old Ride-New Ride

I'm pretty sure everyone knows that 4g63 manis fit with redrilling. acclipseh23 is running one, I saw one in Danno's project, I remember a few other running obx/ssautochrome manifolds for the 4g63. The only problems I see are block clearance with the turbo, and if not that, maybe radiator clearance. But yeah, they work and are a great alternative
    Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

yea everyone knows dsm manis fit with redrilling i was just puttin up a sight that has aftermarket ones cuz noobs are allways askin about turbo manis for f22s and no one ever mentions aftermarket dsm. i mostly posted this cuz one of them on there is a stock mani but ported and has an external wastegate flange. its the same one as stock but better, so it will def. fit

Old Ride-New Ride

Comment

Originally posted by 92ex
        I'm pretty sure everyone knows that 4g63 manis fit with redrilling. acclipseh23 is running one, I saw one in Danno's project, I remember a few other running obx/ssautochrome manifolds for the 4g63. The only problems I see are block clearance with the turbo, and if not that, maybe radiator clearance. But yeah, they work and are a great alternative
        I used to have one...it seemed to have been SSAuto inspired so I junked it. I have an OBX ramhorn made for the F22A/H23's. The 4G63 aftermarket manifolds make for really tight block clearance. The OBX's are excellent quality pieces. My buddy has his on the Eclipse and its held up for over a year.

EDIT: Redrilling is really tough. I'd look for a drill press on this one.
        Last edited by KillerCam282; 03-19-2006, 11:51 PM.

Comment

OBX has come a long way, for sure...for manifolds and stuff they can't be beat. Cams? LSD's? Not so much.

Anyhoo that ramhorn is a nice manifold...and it's made for T3/T4s...damn...

Originally posted by lordoja
          im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by AcclipseH23
            The 4G63 aftermarket manifolds make for really tight block clearance.
            well yea but like i said theres a stock one thats ported so ovbiosly it will clear just with a lil grinding at the block for the turbo

Old Ride-New Ride

Comment

Originally posted by Mike
              well yea but like i said theres a stock one thats ported so ovbiosly it will clear just with a lil grinding at the block for the turbo
              Not everyone wants to grind the block, and when you do, bye to the front torque strap. It is an alternative, but there are others
              Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Originally posted by 92ex
                Not everyone wants to grind the block, and when you do, bye to the front torque strap. It is an alternative, but there are others
                Yeah, I can't wait to complete my buildup. The front torque strap will definiety reduce engine rock. Not that I had it with the poly mounts. However, it will be even better with the strap

Comment

will i be ok for a while with out that torque stap? do i have to upgrade the motor mounts? id rather not take out the engine out

i know i can search on this but while were on that topic allready.......

Old Ride-New Ride

Comment

Yeah, I can't wait to complete my buildup. The front torque strap will definiety reduce engine rock. Not that I had it with the poly mounts. However, it will be even better with the strap
                    i wish i had a front engine mount lol, it might create a problem when my engine is done and packed with brand new bottom end and i turn thy boost up .
                    h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

FS: 1 Piece JDM Headlghts blackhoused

My Members Ride !
                    New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

I used to have one...it seemed to have been SSAuto inspired so I junked it. I have an OBX ramhorn made for the F22A/H23's. The 4G63 aftermarket manifolds make for really tight block clearance. The OBX's are excellent quality pieces. My buddy has his on the Eclipse and its held up for over a year.
                      hey man i have been looking for someone with that mani. so it fits good? do you still have to move the tourqe strap and grind some of the block or does the turbo clear? i am excited to get mine they are onle like $250 + shpping on ebay.

Comment

Originally posted by busychild0
                        hey man i have been looking for someone with that mani. so it fits good? do you still have to move the tourqe strap and grind some of the block or does the turbo clear? i am excited to get mine they are onle like $250 + shpping on ebay.
                        Its a perfect fit. For anyone who has never installed one of these, hehehe it will take you a while. It clears everything except p/s and A/C.

Comment

Its a perfect fit. For anyone who has never installed one of these, hehehe it will take you a while. It clears everything except p/s and A/C.
                          cool man thanks i didnt like p/s any how and my a/c has never worked since i had the car. just need to take it out and free up that wieght and space.. what size belt to get when you take out the a/c/ compressor?

Comment

get a dx belt (no ac belt). Make sure it doesnt have ac. Some do, some dont
                            Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

you guys looking for aftermarket dsm manis should look at the evo gt mani.. its a cast mani so it will be more durable than the tubular ones. it comes with 4 new turbo bolts, a new 2 layer exhaust mani gasket, and 3 layer 7 cm turbo gasket, and all the studs for the exhaust mani.. nice piece for under $150. if anyone is interested i can take pics of mine..

Comment

Working...
                              X