Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Question on DSM Manny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question on DSM Manny

What size drill bits did you guys use to enlarge the hole? 5/16 looked too small, but 3/8 looked to big! Any help would be appreciated!

i used a die grinder with a carbide cutter and enlarged as neccisary

instagram @mikeymeyagi

Comment

Originally posted by slowhonda
      What size drill bits did you guys use to enlarge the hole? 5/16 looked too small, but 3/8 looked to big! Any help would be appreciated!
      Unless your using a drill press, don't drill it....it's so easy to slip and get a body part.
      My official vouch thread!

Updated!!! --> My official turbo progress thread

Comment

Even so, I used an angle grinder on the end one and then filed with a sharp round file! It took a little elbow grease but still a cinch!

WaC!

Comment

i use a dremel

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

I never thought about using a dremel. A mechanic I work with has one that I can use. What accessory did you use to do it with?

Comment

I never thought about using a dremel. A mechanic I work with has one that I can use. What accessory did you use to do it with?
              A carbide cutting bit..

It takes a loooooong time. if you can do it by any other means i would highly suggest leaving the dremel as a last resort

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Does it matter if I get the holes too big? Would that cause an exhaust leak?

Comment

Well all depends on how big, but you could use some washers to help secure the castle nuts!

WaC!

Comment

mmmm white castle....
                    www.myspace.com/sajunglist

www.bassdrive.com

Comment

Does it matter if I get the holes too big? Would that cause an exhaust leak?
                      You know how big you have to grind the hole to get a leak? Get a f22a gasket and mark the holes...just don't go any bigger.
                      My official vouch thread!

Updated!!! --> My official turbo progress thread

Comment

Working...
                      X