Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Full (soon-to-be) Race Ready

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Full (soon-to-be) Race Ready

hopefully this is the right place i can put this thread.

Ok i have been wanting to do this since i first signed up. I am goin to be posting several pics and updates of my car and what i am doing as well as mods. I am gettin this car ready for the Kumho Street Warriorz Competion in Dallas and San Antonio. If you all know some things that may be found cheaper or just suggestions let me know. so hopefully you all enjoy.

Modifications

BFGoodrich g-force T/A KD 205/50YR15- $131 ea.(2) Front
    Sumitomo HTR Tour 205/55R 15- owned
    Front & Rear Upper Strut Tower Bars & Rear Lower Tie Bar PN# HD94AC-6950SBX- $49.46
    Driveshaftshop Lvl 2 Performance Axle 400hp- $699.98
    Suspension Tech. Front & Rear Sway Bar Kit PN# 52135- #361.13
    Tokico Premium Performance Shocks PN# HU3714(2-F) & HU2896(2-R)- $309.99
    Skunk 2 Race Lowering Springs (2.25-2.5") PN#519-05-1630- $182.16
    Powerslot Brake Rotor Front PN# 480+0575/6- $65.98 ea.
    AEM High Performance Brake Pads PN# 655+0681- $67.61
    Exedy Stg 2 Cllutch Kit PN#8952- $378.00
    Gear Speed Hi-Performance Transmission Type I PN# AH_t_01- $1,395.00
    Fidanza Lightweight Billet Aluminum Flywheel (9lbs) PN# PT191221- $181.95
    Magstar Super Inductive Ignition Wires- owned
    MSD modified Distributor Cap w/ Tec Dist. PN# 8292- $28.36
    Generic SHort Ram Intake- owned
    Injen Aluminum Filter Heat Shield PN# HS5000P- $41.58
    Skunk 2 Cam Gears Blue PN# 304-05-0230- $121.38
    AEM Universal Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator Blue PN# PT25-300B- $169.95
    AEM High Volume Fuel Rail Blue PN# PT25-104B- $133.95
    Skunk 2 Pro Series Billet Aluminum Throttle Body(68mm) PN# PT309-05-0040- $275.95
    Unorthodox Racing Ultra S Lightened Aluminum Underdrive Crank Pulley Silver PN# PT020610202- $159.95
    Performance Custom Camshaft- $299.00
    Single Valve Spring Set Upgrade- $149.00
    NOS, Turbo, Supercharged MLS Head Gasket- $79.00
    Custom Forged Pistons- $695.00
    Rings Total Seal Designs (piston Rings)- $159.00
    Balanced & Micro Polished Crankshaft- $395.00
    Front Lower Crankshaft Seal- $2.95
    Block Guard- $109.00
    Modified High Flow Oil Pump- $150.00
    Magnetic Oil Drain Plug- $16.95
    High Volume High Performance Fuel Pump- $259.00
    Custom Race Intake Manifold- $329.00
    Honda 160 Degree Thermostat- $47.95
    170amp Alternator- $569.00 (not sure if i will get it)
    NGK Iridium Spark Plugs- owned
    1g 14b turbo w/manifold- owned
    Oil cooler w/ all fittings and lines- owned
    Oil feed and return line- gathering as we speak
    MSD 6AL Multiple Discharge Spark- owned
    MSD Blaster Coil 2- owned
    Side Mount Intercooler 1g DSM- owned
    1g DSM BOV- owned
    1g Downpipe- owned
    450cc DSM injectors 1g- owned
    Carbon Dynamic OEM Style Hood PN# HD90AC-7586H0X- $349.99
    Shark Style Fenders Carbon Fiber Pair PN# 410ZFCF- $440.00 (cannot find OEM, which is what I prefer)
    Performance Distributor Dyna-Batt Dry Cell Battery PN#5575B- $147.25
    ^the tray for above PN# 5475- $75.05 (relocating battery to the rear center of trunk in place of spare tire)

Modifications that im currently looking for:
    Short Shifter
    Carbon Fiber Trunk for 91 Honda Accord
    Deck Lid Spoiler Carbon Fiber (Volkswagen Jetta Style)
    Rollcage

and once again any suggests would be appreciated

Now for the current Pics (we all love pics): sorry for making it so big. O and my wife did the door. the picture with the motor is my old junk motor i am pickn up a new one the end of this week.

Last edited by CB7Perfection; 04-05-2006, 04:19 PM.
    Get'em tough get'em boosted. Start Boosting at a Young Age.

why the 400 hp axles? got something big planned?
    -Mark-
    CB7
    CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
    Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

drag car?
      members/ride | the/website
      180 hp/145 ft-lb

Comment

x2 on the axles....
        My baby laying down some power...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd_Q8HSIyqA

Comment

If you plan on making that much power, I might suggest a larger turbo. Also are you hittin the straights or the curves? I like the list so far looks thought through!

WaC!

Comment

Originally posted by westsideaccord
            If you plan on making that much power, I might suggest a larger turbo. Also are you hittin the straights or the curves? I like the list so far looks thought through!
            im more for the curves but im going to do both. giving me a little challenge on how im going to set this up

Comment

so your building a backroads car? Hmm care to share any more parts your installing?
              To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

lol, the transmission, axles, then I see a 14b on the list. You didn't list any fuel management, you don't need that transmission, you need a bigger turbo, you need to upgrade the whole valvetrain not just springs, you need rods, you need to do a complete tune up, you need to have the head ported/polished/milled, you need a ramhorn turbo manifold, ditch whatever fuel pump you were looking at and get a walbro 255lph hp, bigger injectors(650cc-750cc), a front mount intercooler.

I mean, I like the fact that you covered almost every aspect of the build, you just weren't doing it right. With all that stuff you listed, I would be impressed to see 250whp. You need better parts, and most parts are cheaper then what you listed. If you like, I'll show you exactly how I'm gonna build my engine, maybe that'll give you some ideas
                Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

o you didnt build this yet? hm ok well i guess your looking for advise. ill say balance is key. power means nothing on touge. Cb7 has tons of room for improvement over stock, however not much tuning potential compared to some others. But just remember balance is key. I personally think your spending all your money in completely the wrong place. but meh what do i know LOL
                  To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

Originally posted by 92ex
                    lol, the transmission, axles, then I see a 14b on the list. You didn't list any fuel management, you don't need that transmission, you need a bigger turbo, you need to upgrade the whole valvetrain not just springs, you need rods, you need to do a complete tune up, you need to have the head ported/polished/milled, you need a ramhorn turbo manifold, ditch whatever fuel pump you were looking at and get a walbro 255lph hp, bigger injectors(650cc-750cc), a front mount intercooler.

I mean, I like the fact that you covered almost every aspect of the build, you just weren't doing it right. With all that stuff you listed, I would be impressed to see 250whp. You need better parts, and most parts are cheaper then what you listed. If you like, I'll show you exactly how I'm gonna build my engine, maybe that'll give you some ideas
                    swapping info doesnt sound bad to me

Comment

Maybe we should make it 50 posts.

A G-force transmission and axles? You're not even dragging are you? Race manifold? Start looking around some more.
                      My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

ok before i post anymore pics i would like for you all to know that this is my 1st setup on this car to go this far. there will be other mods added after the competition. this competition is not based on how fast you car can go but how consistant you can run your time. Circuit is done 3-lap style and 1 pre qualify lap if i remember correctly. you will have to maintain a consistant time to win. and drag is done bracket style same time standards as circuit. after this car show then we can go crazy on this car. so stable mods would be ideal. nothing to outrageous jus yet.

Comment

Comment

this is a slightly off question exactly where does the CB7 meets happen in north tx, i would like to attend to some of these meets to see exactly how you all function

Comment

Originally posted by CB7Perfection
                              ok before i post anymore pics i would like for you all to know that this is my 1st setup on this car to go this far. there will be other mods added after the competition. this competition is not based on how fast you car can go but how consistant you can run your time. Circuit is done 3-lap style and 1 pre qualify lap if i remember correctly. you will have to maintain a consistant time to win. and drag is done bracket style same time standards as circuit. after this car show then we can go crazy on this car. so stable mods would be ideal. nothing to outrageous jus yet.
                              This is all very entertaining, and I'm not "Dr. Phil" but I would expect someone in your position to be a bit more humble. I mean, your pics don't exactly speak volumes in regards to your ego thusfar...... IMHO Sorry if it seems I'm "bashing", just trying to be constructive....
                              1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

Working...
                              X