Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Best turbo suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best turbo suggestions

Well, just got almost done, then had a stupid error... so lets try this again.

Im getting bored with the car.. nothing new. Motorcycle, I've messed with it enough to know carbs, and do whatever I need on bikes. Now I want to learn turbos. Best and easiest way to learn is to do a setup.

Looking for something that will have good lowend and midrange. Not interested in high end as I am sick of worrying about the poor car when I rev up so high. I will be doing this on stock internals, so not looking to push a lot of power, just want a nice extra kick.

Prolly will be keeping the car for a few years as I would rather purchase a house instead of upgrading my car.

Any suggestions for turbos? My buddy has 2 14b's and a 1st gen manifold.. dunno if those are the ones that work on our cars or not (manifold). But what would give the h22 a bigger set of balls?

T3 or die.

Comment

if ur gonna use a dsm manifold, then u can use an evo 16g which is a fairly small turbo yet bigger tehn t25, t28 and teh 14b. it will get full boost around 3000rpms and pull strong all the way to around 6000rpms. at 4500 rpms my car had 247 ft lbs of torque only doin 10 psi on the 16g
      h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

FS: 1 Piece JDM Headlghts blackhoused

My Members Ride !
      New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

I was looking at the 14b on ebay.. looks pretty damn small!

Guess there is quite a bit to learn... trims, guessing that is like a version of it.. I know there was a turbo writeup, gotta search.

Comment

Originally posted by prodigymb
          if ur gonna use a dsm manifold, then u can use an evo 16g which is a fairly small turbo yet bigger tehn t25, t28 and teh 14b. it will get full boost around 3000rpms and pull strong all the way to around 6000rpms. at 4500 rpms my car had 247 ft lbs of torque only doin 10 psi on the 16g

10 pounds a fairly ok level of boost? Doesnt sound like too much, but im sure with anything, it can easily be messed up

too bad i wasnt thinking about it when sparkle was selling his stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by aero
            I was looking at the 14b on ebay.. looks pretty damn small!

Guess there is quite a bit to learn... trims, guessing that is like a version of it.. I know there was a turbo writeup, gotta search.
            yeah they look really small, they are great for mid-range power. im going to be bumping my redline to around 8500 so i'll be getting rid of my 16g because after 6000 it runs out of breath.
            h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

My Members Ride !
            New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

Originally posted by prodigymb
              yeah they look really small, they are great for mid-range power. im going to be bumping my redline to around 8500 so i'll be getting rid of my 16g because after 6000 it runs out of breath.
              what would a turbo like that run?

looks like the only pain parts of the setup is finding a cheap/good turbo, and the engine management.

is something like this worth anything? Or just ebay junk?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/T3-T4...QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

honestly neevr heard of tehm.... for turbos i would turn to Garett and IHI ( the dsm ones). for intercoolers...www.johnnyracecar.com and also www.godspeedproject.com. they make good and inexpensive stuff. i got 2 friends running godspeed intercoolers at over 400whp
                h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

My Members Ride !
                New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

FYI...as far as I know, the DSM manifolds will not work on the H22's
                  1993 Prelude S
                  F22A1
                  custom'ish turbo setup
                  180 whp/217 ft-lbs super hot, super humid, super rich, boost falling off at 8psi
                  18psi boost spike = BOOM!!!!!
                  currently being rebuilt

Comment

Originally posted by mullet
                    FYI...as far as I know, the DSM manifolds will not work on the H22's
                    FYI, dsm manifolds do work, just require too much fabrication to fit on there and in the end not worth it. Is this a stock h22 and you want to run boost, or are you boosting a f series?
                    Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Originally posted by 92ex
                      FYI, dsm manifolds do work, just require too much fabrication to fit on there and in the end not worth it. Is this a stock h22 and you want to run boost, or are you boosting a f series?
                      its the H. so that mean custom manifold? If so.. guess I'll ditch that idea, not worth it.

Comment

You don't have to go with a custom mani...just one for the H22. There are plenty out there and could get a used one as long as you make sure it is in good condition and not cheaply made.
                        "This is a jaded bunch. To gain notice, you have to challenge conventional wisdom, test assumptions, and ignore the naysayers."

FS Part out thread koni/skunk2 suspension, jdm pole, HID retrofit, Tanabe exhaust
                        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...10#post2119010

Comment

I would say t3/t04e hybrid, Also street imports has IC's on sale cheap!!! Check em out!

WaC!

Comment

Originally posted by westsideaccord
                            I would say t3/t04e hybrid.
                            I agree, dsm setups such as the t25 and the 14b are basically hair dryers. Big evo III 16g would be more efficent and your motor will have less stress during daily driving.

edit*I believe with the H series you have to resleeve. Here is a link that covers that and can help you decide whether to resleeve or not...
                            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=boost+h22 Not the best link, but you can get an idea
                            Last edited by juan; 04-07-2006, 07:35 PM.

Comment

T3/T4 hybrid, SC61 spools up nice and fast, GT35R or GT40R if the price tag doesn't scare you and you want gobs of power. But like I tell many others, build your H series motor. The stock motor isn't worth boosting and destroying quickly.
                              Carlos
                              My Members Ride Page

Comment

Working...
                              X