Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Top 20 most powerful turbo setups on the board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

heres a vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQzWGImnDEI
    miss my turbo cb7
    moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

Originally posted by quickangel93
      misprint - 235 tq. lol.

at 2750 rpm its at 9psi. at 4500 rpm im at like 10.5, and at 5500-6000 it spikes up to 12.5. i think the wastegate is shot.
      It could be shot, but most likely, it just can't divert enough exhaust flow to avoid spiking. After all, it was designed for a smaller motor. You could probably port the wastegate flapper area a bit to help it out.
      Originally posted by sweet91accord
      if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

I've had boost spike issues since I got my 14b, and has only gotten worse with the 16g. Im going external wastegate in hopes of fixing the issue.
        2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
        2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

ive never seen a dyno like that before........or im just goin crazy....anywayz im havin wastegate issues too.........mines stuck open lol. Well it was. Ive replaced it already but i dunno how the old one got stuck like that. Its not bent or anything

Comment

Originally posted by chrischhorn
            ive never seen a dyno like that before........or im just goin crazy....anywayz im havin wastegate issues too.........mines stuck open lol. Well it was. Ive replaced it already but i dunno how the old one got stuck like that. Its not bent or anything
            yea its a hub dyno. dynopack makes them.
            miss my turbo cb7

Comment

those are RESPECTABLE #s big ups

Comment

Originally posted by DRQPQUT
                those are RESPECTABLE #s big ups
                thanks
                miss my turbo cb7

Comment

Congrats on the numbers quickangel93

Comment

Originally posted by chessboxer
                    Congrats on the numbers quickangel93

why thankyou. 1 hp away from you, hehehe.

btw timing belt snapped last night i hope nothing is bent.
                    miss my turbo cb7

Comment

Originally posted by quickangel93
                      why thankyou. 1 hp away from you, hehehe.

btw timing belt snapped last night i hope nothing is bent.
                      1hp from my old numbers!

I really cannot wait to go external wastegate, get tuned on the haltech e8, get my racepak dash in, and all that jazz. Should hopefully get some good numbers.

Once again, nice numbers man, and hope all is well with the timing belt.

Comment

1hp from my old numbers!

I really cannot wait to go external wastegate, get tuned on the haltech e8, get my racepak dash in, and all that jazz. Should hopefully get some good numbers.

Once again, nice numbers man, and hope all is well with the timing belt.
                        how are you doing external wastegate?
                        miss my turbo cb7

Comment

We haven't decided 100% yet, but it will most likely be either on top of the dsm manifold via some nice welding, and then welding the flapper shut on the old internal wastegate, or if we will remove the old flapper on the internal wastegate, extend the old wastegate dump tube up instead of down, and then place the wastegate up there. Im going with a tial 38mm wastegate, and using a haltech boost control solenoid controlled by the e8.
                          We will most likely go the first route I mentioned, as we fear that if we go with an external wastegate where the old internal wastegate was, that we will run into the same issues of the wastegate not opening enough and boost will still be spiking.

Comment

We haven't decided 100% yet, but it will most likely be either on top of the dsm manifold via some nice welding, and then welding the flapper shut on the old internal wastegate, or if we will remove the old flapper on the internal wastegate, extend the old wastegate dump tube up instead of down, and then place the wastegate up there. Im going with a tial 38mm wastegate, and using a haltech boost control solenoid controlled by the e8.
                            We will most likely go the first route I mentioned, as we fear that if we go with an external wastegate where the old internal wastegate was, that we will run into the same issues of the wastegate not opening enough and boost will still be spiking.

why not just buy another manifold?

Comment

Im poor and Haltech is paying for parts and labor.

Comment

i had a friend that has an external wastegate mounted on his stock dsm manifold on a talon and hes boostin 22 psi with no boost spikes. On top of that, his is mounted in a real shitty spot too but it worked for him. BTW it was on a 16g. Hey gdout90 i was out in arlington last night at that meet at sonic.......figure id see you there. I was out in fort worth at a buddies house so i figured id go check it out.

Comment

Working...
                                X