Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Top 20 most powerful turbo setups on the board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by judonoh View Post
    will put me down for 423 hp and 390 torque. My best pull was a 429 with 398 but we decided to back off a bit because of ign. break up. Gonna get that cleared up and then raise the boost. Oh yeah its a built H23 with a DSM style setup running 16psi.
    not trying to be the fastest accord, eh? hmmmm....... you know your not stopping at 16psi. dont lie to the folks
    I LOVE My CB7

Comment

432 WHP @ 13psi Break in tune ,

going back for 20 psi with E85

-->751 whp @ 27psi <--...Midnight Tuning <----

Comment

fuckin sweet mr phil.

Im rockin 250hp / 253tq
        on my h23 stock with dsm evo iii 16g @9lbs

next build for me is h23 bottom and h22 head!
        Last edited by drummersteve7; 03-26-2010, 06:12 PM.
        MadLab Racing
        Southern Maryland

Comment

Originally posted by drummersteve7 View Post
          fuckin sweet mr phil.

Im rockin 253hp / 248tq
          on my h23 stock with dsm evo iii 16g @9lbs

next build for me is h23 bottom and h22 head!
          that's some good numbers @ 9lbs with a 16G , sweet Torque .
          your Next built is gonna be a monster

-->751 whp @ 27psi <--...Midnight Tuning <----

Comment

thanks Mr. Phil

I do have some issue at 3500 rpm.
            I get a little BOV flutter, so I am thinking new BOV or loosen spring.
            Fuel issue? Vacuum! any thoughts?

and the turbo seems small since it dies off at 5500 and I still got about 1000rpms before the h23 dies off.
            also could be my exhaust, lil clamped down from a 2.5 semi-crushed DP.
            so I am being held back slightly, but the tuner is real cool and helping me fix some issues.

Here is the dyno chart:
            Last edited by drummersteve7; 03-26-2010, 09:09 AM.
            MadLab Racing
            Southern Maryland

Comment

Originally posted by drummersteve7 View Post
              thanks Mr. Phil

I do have some issue at 3500 rpm.
              I get a little BOV flutter, so I am thinking new BOV or loosen spring.
              Fuel issue? Vacuum! any thoughts?

and the turbo seems small since it dies off at 5500 and I still got about 1000rpms before the h23 dies off.
              also could be my exhaust, lil clamped down from a 2.5 semi-crushed DP.
              so I am being held back slightly, but the tuner is real cool and helping me fix some issues.

Here is the dyno chart:
              Do you know what psi the spring is that you are using?

I had a 5 psi spring with my first bov and it always opened. Switched to a 15 psi and never had any issue after.

May check the diaphragm of the bov as well.
              2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
              2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

I know diaphragm is good, not sure of the spring used.
                I switched to a diverter valve.

Guess I will have to talk with my buddy I got it from.
                MadLab Racing
                Southern Maryland

Comment

Put a manual boost controller on your bov! ha. This actually could tell you if it really is the spring actually, if you happen to have one laying around. If you decrease the psi going to it, you will cause it to open later hopefully. If it continues to open early, then it probably isn't the spring.
                  2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
                  2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

yah maybe that is why I am having issues.
                    I ran a manual on my last car....stock f22.
                    I knew the car was gunna sit so I said hell with it and upped the boosted to 16psi on my stock F22.

was nice for a good 4 days! then booom! Oil press!
                    Did not bother me as the car is still sitting in Cali.
                    I wanna get it sent out here. or get another f22 and boost it there.
                    MadLab Racing
                    Southern Maryland

Comment

I just wanted to share with you guys that after alot of trial and error, 2 years of piecing my car together I finally got it tuned 2 weeks ago! I made 491whp on 15psi on 93 pump. We had some issues measuring torque due to problems with alignment and an axle which has been fixed. This is a mild tuned for what the car can handle. I am running a bosh in tak fuel pump which is just about maxed out. My first go on the dyno I sunked a sleeve / blew the head gasket so I am trying to run the motor and break it in before i sump the tank and get it retuned! Hopefully all goes well and I can tune on 25-30 pounds and see what kind of power she makes!
                      Last edited by drummersteve7; 03-29-2010, 02:59 PM.

Comment

nice man, what setup are you running?
                        good numbers, lets see some dyno charts!
                        MadLab Racing
                        Southern Maryland

Comment

Here is a few un edited videos of the dyno tune. I only took video of 2 pulls my heart was racing I was scared hoping that it woudnt blow.
                          Screen shot of the final result http://s578.photobucket.com/albums/s...t=M4H00361.flv
                          Here is a dyno pull http://s578.photobucket.com/albums/s...t=M4H00360.flv
                          and this is the very first pull when i got the car back from the shop the pull the made me tear very first pull the car ever made and boom! It was the green goblin http://s578.photobucket.com/albums/s...t=M4H00356.flv
                          and this is my youtube video from start to just about finished http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RUS8QZhZq0

Comment

what kind of sleeves do you have and who sleeved it?
                            spin city

Comment

DANG!!!! I hope no one got hurt with that coolant spraying all over the place, I've seen some bad burns before.

You said your sleeve dropped? That's really bad, I hope they have a warranty on them against that.
                              Been a long time. Still alive...

Comment

Originally posted by drockab View Post
                                I just wanted to share with you guys that after alot of trial and error, 2 years of piecing my car together I finally got it tuned 2 weeks ago! I made 491whp on 15psi on 93 pump. We had some issues measuring torque due to problems with alignment and an axle which has been fixed. This is a mild tuned for what the car can handle. I am running a bosh in tak fuel pump which is just about maxed out. My first go on the dyno I sunked a sleeve / blew the head gasket so I am trying to run the motor and break it in before i sump the tank and get it retuned! Hopefully all goes well and I can tune on 25-30 pounds and see what kind of power she makes!
                                Theres no way an 044 is maxed at 490 WHP... NO WAY.

AXLES dont contribute to having issue with reading tq my friend. They do rob you, but wont stop the dyno from picking it up. Id like to see a tq number, know what you revved to and what turbo (nevermind just saw the GT40... is it an 88 or 94?????)

I made 620 WHP on stock lines with a Walbro 255HP, and a 044 will SMOKE on of those supporting over 140 PSI at over 300LPH.... Which the 255hp cant touch

Something(s) doesnt add up.

The radiator shitting itself was awesome, but shitty at the same time
                                Last edited by Supergenius; 05-19-2010, 07:08 PM.
                                750 WHP/575 TQ CD5 Raping a street near you....
                                realHomeMadeTurbo.com / Kaizenspeed.com / LSD Motorsports / Tempest Racing /SpeedFactory /ExplicitSpeedPerformance

GFI HOLLA!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cdiz0k0Rudw

Comment

Working...
                                X