Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Top 20 most powerful turbo setups on the board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by f22a1accord View Post
    will the f22 stock block hold 400hp?
    Mine did with race gas. Shooting for 350whp stock block/pump gas when we hit the dyno soon.
    wat

Comment

after market sleeves are for bad tuners
      Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
      Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
      Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
      Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
      Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
      Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by fatboy1185 View Post
        or for people who want peace of mind / knowing they have the ability to run 600+ hp on their setup

a bad tuner can blow up many other things before a sleeve goes...

Formerly 91AccordExR33
        11.68 @ 127mph
        417whp/375wtq
        Sold: 8/2016

Comment

or for people that want to run something else beside mahle pistons??? just maybe. or how about the people that want to bore past the service limit?? hmm or like stated by lee.

ur statement is dumb as hell.

Hola, tengo tres patas. Me llamo tripod.

Originally posted by d112crzy
          So you're throwing a bitch fit because some other girl at school has the same nail polish and skirt as you do?

Comment

put that in your sig.....
            Turbo H23a3 build has begun
            01-01-2019

Comment

Originally posted by bagoon316 View Post

ur statement is dumb as hell.
              you are a moron. have you never seen a blown "aftermarket" sleeve?? of course you have. if a sleeve goes, stock or aftermarket, its more than likely tuner error. This is 2008. It is well known that you don't need aftermarket sleeves to make good power.

The person who asked if he needed sleeves was talking about a f22 accord motor, not a h22. So the answer is NO. you dont need sleeves. Anyone who doesnt agree with me can fist themselves
              Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
              Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
              Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
              Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
              Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
              Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

and everything stated by lee and myself was true also. so i dont get what ur point is. also if its tuning error, i think the sleeve would be last to go. most of the time a sleeve is damaged by something breaking: ie 200 shot nitrous on h22 snapping a rod in half. not caused by a "tuning error".

sleeves are needed for more power, boring over service limits, and to rid of frm to run diff styled pistons. what i stated, this is correct.

So you're throwing a bitch fit because some other girl at school has the same nail polish and skirt as you do?

Comment

I will make over 800hp in my car. muaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

and on a stock block.

Comment

You guys are both right. You "can" crack a sleeve from too much cylinder pressure, but I've never personally seen it happen. It can also crack from detonation, but again, I've never seen it happen. Every destroyed block I've ever seen has been piston/rod failure and sleeve damage took shock from it. There can be purposes to sleeves, like Chris said for h22 engines, choosing not to use the FRM piston/sleeve combo if you want to run a different piston, etc. Of course, there's also the long standing myth that a b20 sleeve can't handle X amount of power because of weak sleeves, but again, I've never seen a cracked, sunk or floated sleeve on a b20 either....

As for this thread, is it the most powerful on the board? Or is it the most powerful cb7?

Comment

most powerful cb7 with an actual currently running dynoed car. sorry andy, ur 491whp civic can go elsewhere lol.

there should cb7's with higher numbers, LEE lol. also lodollar should be damned near or over 600 in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by bagoon316 View Post
                        most powerful cb7 with an actual currently running dynoed car. sorry andy, ur 491whp civic can go elsewhere lol.

there should cb7's with higher numbers, LEE lol. also lodollar should be damned near or over 600 in my opinion.
                        Haha, you just don't want a sohc as the 2d most powerful engine out of a group of dohc's, so don't be hatin, lol.

Comment

meh, they all arent dohc in that list, and lee was at a little over 500 and his is sohc. also fast93accord not on the list, was close to 600 on his sohc.

no hatin here mang lol.

Comment

just got done doing a street tune on my car @ 22psi thinking its around 440-450hp ill get it on the dyno so i can tune it at 30 psi so i can be near the top of the list!

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
                            member ride thread
                            11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
                            DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
                            People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
                            I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
                            John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

your altitude is gonna kill it...

I used to race at bandimere all the time and my car ran 14'9-15.1's at sea leavel and high 16's sometimes 17's at bandimere.

I lived in fort collins area and worked in denver for about a year, and I still love bandimere as a track, just not the altitude.
                              Turbo H23a3 build has begun
                              01-01-2019

Comment

altitude doesnt really bother me because its nothing that cant be overcome with a little more boost

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
                                member ride thread
                                11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
                                DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
                                People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
                                I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
                                John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Working...
                                X