Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

My to-be F22 Turbo setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My to-be F22 Turbo setup

Ok, first of all, refer to my members ride thread at the bottom for tech specs on my car, to get an idea.

What i'm looking to do is get a turbo off a friend of mine, because he is parting out a 1990 GSX. It's my understanding that I should be able to use most of the turbo setup from that car, just redrill the manifold, and it should work. anyways.. my question for you guys is what do you think about the following setup, on an extreme budget....

DSM stock 14b turbo/manifold with piping and side mount until i get the piping for the front mount that i'm being given. Not sure of an exhaust off the header, i'll have to do more research for that. So all that, running maybe 6-8 p.s.i., and my ZEX wet 55 shot. Add to that bigger injectors, and an FMU. Does all this sound reasonable so far?

I'm not a turbo guy, so i don't know alot about building a turbo car. I just figured this would be a good idea, try it out, and if i blow the motor, drop another f22a1 in for a couple hundred, although i'd like to not blow the motor. obviously also i need oil pressure and return lines, which i can grab off the DSM as well. As far as exhaust off the turbo, i'm not sure how that works, and if someone wants to shed light on that, thank you, otherwise i'll research and find it like a good cb7er.

i'm getting the turbo/manifold/piping/ pretty much whatever i need for $50, so i'm thinking it's gotta be worth it. but let me know what you guys think or if you have a better idea.
    The CB7 Timeline

with most of your turbo setup from a dsm is good, I really don't see the need to have a FMU I would rather get a walbro 255lb fuel pump, cuz you got the 440 black tops! And of course the chipped ecu.
    99 GS300 (Aristo) 2JZ Power

Bought from:gdout, bb6-sh

Comment

Originally posted by Bboy_Trevstuh
      with most of your turbo setup from a dsm is good, I really don't see the need to have a FMU I would rather get a walbro 255lb fuel pump, cuz you got the 440 black tops! And of course the chipped ecu.
      smoke crack often? WHy would you ditch the fmu for a walbro? You would then ditch your only means of not leaning out in boost, so you would blow your enging. I think your thinking of a FPR(fuel pressure regulator)

As for your setup, good deal, check shaft play and such. Don't run a 55shot. your running a side mount, a 14b, and a 55shot, thats putting a hella lot fo strain on your motor. The 14b is already a pretty good f22 killer by itself. Ditch your fmu and splurge to get the chipped ecu, it'd give me more peace of mind. If you don't you gotta clock back the dizzy, make sure the ignition is where it's suppose to be, and from the post, I don't think you know to much about turbo setups. Your gonna need a blow off valve. The downpipe, i think that's what your referring to, will have to be made at an exhaust shop. mine costed $40.
      Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Only parts that are worthy from the gsx, are: turbo, header and o2 dump, downpipe(will need to be manipulated) injectors, and bov. You could use all the charge pipes but the intercooler itself is useless(hard to fit and not really efficient) There have been like thirty of these threads and they all ask the same q's?? RESEARCH IS YOUR BEST FRIEND! if you did you would know that an fmu is not a good way to go, that a chipped ecu by mrx is the best starting place! And every setup will need to be tuned accordingly! Just buy the front mount Intercooler, itll def save you grief in the end!

WaC!

Comment

ok cool, sounds good guys

and yea downpipe is what i need i just couldn't spit it out

i already have the walbro 255 w/FPR

but yea chipping the ECU is a better option, i'll have to price that out around me and see how much that will be

thanx for the input guys
          The CB7 Timeline

Comment

Off Topic

man you fooled me with the maroon, at first glance i thought it was another maroon turbo going, ah hell i'll still give u props on your weapon plus soon to be turbo set up...
            93 Accord- SOLD
            94 Civic- F22a1 Swap, current DD

Comment

I'm going to reiterate the the FMU suggestion. Don't do it. Have the exhaust shop weld in a bung near the end of the downpipe so you can tune in the future. As far as that 55 shot is concerned, you have to be safe with nitrous no matter what your setup is so just keep that in mind. If you've already had it a while then you know what I'm talking about. Be safe with it.
              My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett
                As far as that 55 shot is concerned, you have to be safe with nitrous no matter what your setup is so just keep that in mind. If you've already had it a while then you know what I'm talking about. Be safe with it.

i've done my research as far as nitrous is concerned, but i definitely haven't had it for awhile. wherein lies the problem.

i just installed this $500 nitrous system a couple weeks ago, and i haven't even gotten the bottle filled yet, cuz i'm still tuning, so i don't know how it will go. but either way I just don't want to uninstall and have to sell this brand new zex system, I wanted to incorporate it some how.
                The CB7 Timeline

Comment

for $500 say it was a direct port nitrous system, otherwise that's pretty pricey.
                  Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

ZEX single fogger wet system. 10lb bottle, and all necessary hardware for hooking it up.
                    The CB7 Timeline

Comment

Working...
                    X