Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

8psi is so much fun!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8psi is so much fun!!!!

Hi guys i know ive been turbo for a few months now but any of you that talk to me know i am very careful with the boost i have been running at the most 5 spi well my BF decided that the down pipe that i had with this setup was shitty ( and it was it came off the turbo and took a 90 degree turn down in some tiny ass pipe) so him and a friend made my car a new downpipe that is alot more effecient

I dont have any pics of the old one because i was ashamed of how ugly it was. anyways with the engine being able to breath better i can now boost to 8 psi and WOW what a difference. Mike was playing with a v8 mustang and pulled on him, i would of never thought my car could run so strong. anyways got many other plans for my car just have to find a new job and pay some bills before i can make things happen.
    Later

congratulations, now beat the hell out of it
    Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

glad your happy. And have the camera in your car at all times, just in case you beat a srt4 and noone believes you.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

more boost = more power = more money = higher gas prices!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 19accord92
          more boost = more power = more money = higher gas prices!!!!
          absolutely not true. Just because she upped the psi doesn't mean she will be at 8psi all the time, especially on her t3(I THINK thats the turbo she has). Only when you floor it and get to 8psi will you be burning gas. On my 14b I won't go past 4 psi because i don't ride it hard normally. Learn the basics
          Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Nice yea 3psi doesn't sound like much but it's a night and day difference.
            Originally posted by Makaveli2k
            Just goes to show, leave the JDM poses to the Nimble, sleek, asians. =)

Comment

*Green with envy* Pretty decent looking dp. I don't think alot of folks pay enough attention to their exhaust once they turbo; they forget about airflow assuming the turbo is going to make everything okay.

Any powa est?

- Zipcreature
              Awesome!

CB7. F22A. 5spd. CB7. Exedy. Chromoly. AEM. DCSports. Apexi. Progress Group. AGX. Suspension Techniques. Viberant. Goodridge. Facebook

Comment

yeah the dp went from a 2in with a 90 turn to 2.5 with a nice turn down no harsh turns huge difference. now my entire exhaust system is 2.5.

no clue as far as power est. i would figure around 200whp but not real sure havent dyno'd and not done tunning. i ran at the track on 5 spi but ive never raced so i did real shitty 10.5 1/8 mile. that same night mike beat a civic on spray with my car that claims he runs 8.7's 1/8 mile so i dunno. I dont drive it hard nor do i ever race. And just driving a can walk by all the little civics in this town. need to try my friend srt4 next.

And no i dont have 8 all the time just when you get on it. around town its usually around 3 to 5. but like i said i dont push it.
                Last edited by midnightrayne; 05-02-2006, 09:13 PM.

Comment

2.5 from the turbo back is the shit that is what i got too and i couldnt be more happy with it
                  My baby laying down some power...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd_Q8HSIyqA

Comment

Good to hear someone else new to the turbo scene is enjoying it as much as I am. Even with the massive boost creep from my leaking ass wastegate, 10 psi feels GOOOOODDDDDD. Can't wait to see what it feels like when I have a fully functional gate.

Much luck and fun runs with your setup.
                    1993 Prelude S
                    F22A1
                    custom'ish turbo setup
                    180 whp/217 ft-lbs super hot, super humid, super rich, boost falling off at 8psi
                    18psi boost spike = BOOM!!!!!
                    currently being rebuilt

Comment

Looking real good. Glad you're enjoying it!

My Accord History:
                      91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

Comment

you should have been running 8psi all along!

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

dang and you have A/C?! ballin outta control there missy!
                          1cor10:31
                          - 92 LX coupe
                          - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

nicee......

whats the specs on the turbo?

Comment

Sounds good.

Will's Accord

Comment

Working...
                              X