Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

spool up times (different turbos)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

spool up times (different turbos)

Im Curious on Spool up times on different sized snails... not so much interested in those with dsm setups.. but those with T3s and up.. even more specifically.. if anyone has anything bigger than the t3/t4 57trim... (Crosses fingers).... i know mrx has a t3/t4 50trim and hes getting spool up i believe around 2k already... so im looking for a turbo to push that back close to 3k.. just for longevity purposes.. i mean i know u can keep ur car out of boost.. but weither or not u baby it.. it will still see boost in day to day driving.. so pushing that back a tad with a bigger turbo isnt too bad of an idea to aid with staying out of boost and to aid in the combustion temps.. .. the added bonus of top end power.. is a plus as well.. so.. lemme here ur opinions boys..

(mrx,high-c,acclipseh23,backfire32,) all u lovely boosted cats..

thanks

Praise The Lowered...

mines ball-bearing but a .70 a/r would do the trick
    Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

HA! thats exactly what i looked up.. on ebay.. but the ebay special t70s.. dunno if that would rawk the fiddle.. i found a T3 T70.. which im assuming means the bolt up flange is t3 style... ???

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/T-70-...62464680QQrdZ1

this is what i meant..

as u can see the bottom turbos it displays says xspower.. so.. :eek:..but the turbo their actually selling doesnt say it on the compressor housing..
        Last edited by WiKKeDV16; 05-09-2006, 06:48 PM.

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

will that one bolt up to a t3 flange?

Comment

LMAO.. back off midnight!!! lol jk.. yeah it will.. its T3 Flanged..

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

I have the Evo3 16g (can be compared to teh smaller t3s) which is right around a 48 trim flowing just over 42lbs/min. I get spool around 2100rpm and full boost of 10 pounds ny 2900rpm.
              h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

FS: 1 Piece JDM Headlghts blackhoused

My Members Ride !
              New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

Originally posted by WiKKeDV16
                LMAO.. back off midnight!!! lol jk.. yeah it will.. its T3 Flanged..
                HAHA carlos have you checked on it i bought it now LOL just kidding you hurry up and get it and see how it does and ill order one later. I dont have the fund right now for a new turbo.

Comment

I didn't get boost until just shy of 5k. It stayed with me to redline. I haven't pushed the built motor yet, its still in the middle of being broken in.

Comment

My non ballbearing 57 trim .63/.60 t3/t4 spools to 8lbs at about 3k, but begins to make boost around 2100 or so. L8r
                    Turbo H23a3 build has begun
                    01-01-2019

Comment

Originally posted by AcclipseH23
                      I didn't get boost until just shy of 5k. It stayed with me to redline. I haven't pushed the built motor yet, its still in the middle of being broken in.

yeah but u were using a straight T4.... with a big ass a/r?? bigger than that t70 noo????

i know ur shit was huge......

i want something to start spooling around 3k.. and be fully spooled around 4k..that would be perfect...

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Well i got my T3/T04E 60 trim wheel .60A/R compressor and .63A/R turbine housings... i see boost around 27-2900 and full boost at a lowely 7psi for now at about 33-3500... and i'lv never floored it yet, so in essence, it might be sooner than that, those are numbers basically at 60-75% throttle... and since my head was shaved about .045 over, my compression is ~9.5:1...

Comment

no love for me....5 psi at 3k 10 at about 3600, t04e, 56.25 trim, turbonetics....52/63, stage 3 i think.
                          fu
                          I hate thieves!

Comment

silly boy.. oh i knew ud come in.. hehe

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

My turbo is a T4/T3 now. I changed the housing a while back. That P-Trim wheel is part of the reason why I have the late spool up. If i keep the car any longer I will get my H22 tranny and raise my rev limit to 9k.

Comment

Working...
                              X