Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Oil return!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil return!

I would like people to post their oil feed and return setups. Please post pics if possible.
    Wether its a stealthmode or ss line, or you custom made yourz with HD and Autozone lines and fittings, or whatever.
    Include type of turbo, oil inlet line diameter, t's (and where they go to) etc. and gravity return diameter and fitting type and how you secured it, IE welded or jb welded whatever! I am very interested.
    Where exactly did you tap the oil pan? PIC OF THIS ESPECIALY!
    The reason for this is to see how you got the line to clear the exhaust and such!

WaC!

This actually requires jacking up the car...lucky mine is back and it sitting on stands. When the rain subsides I will ge the return line for you.

Comment

return line - staineless steel braided -10AN, my 5.5 quart oil pan was already tapped for it.
      feed line- -3AN
      h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

FS: 1 Piece JDM Headlghts blackhoused

My Members Ride !
      New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

Originally posted by AcclipseH23
        This actually requires jacking up the car...lucky mine is back and it sitting on stands. When the rain subsides I will ge the return line for you.
        Well unless you already have pics and or the fittings sizes locations etc.! I am very interested to see exactly how/where everyone else is doing theres!
        Keep 'Em Coming!

WaC!

Comment

Oil return

Oil feed line/tee (tee is towards the lower right side, has been relocated since pic was taken)

entire return setup was purchased from a local speed shop, entire feed setup (lines, fittings, tee, etc) came from McMaster-Carr

I'll try to remember what size fittings and lines I used and edit this post later if I can
          1993 Prelude S
          F22A1
          custom'ish turbo setup
          180 whp/217 ft-lbs super hot, super humid, super rich, boost falling off at 8psi
          18psi boost spike = BOOM!!!!!
          currently being rebuilt

Comment

Originally posted by mullet

ur crankcase must be crying

i hope you fixed that latly

Old Ride-New Ride

Comment

and then they wonder why they blew it.. lol.. i made a thread specifically about that too

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Torturing the crankcase can cause blown F22Turbos...hmmn what a concept

Comment

That was while we were still working on the setup, crankcase is fine now
                  1993 Prelude S
                  F22A1
                  custom'ish turbo setup
                  180 whp/217 ft-lbs super hot, super humid, super rich, boost falling off at 8psi
                  18psi boost spike = BOOM!!!!!
                  currently being rebuilt

Comment

Working...
                  X