Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

H23 Head Swapped, with a Boosting Concern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H23 Head Swapped, with a Boosting Concern

Ok, as you all may know i am working on a highly modified CB7(of Course) i just recieved an offer to buy an H23 Head for a reasonable price. What i am going to do is replace the stock f22 head with the h23, but i want to continue my current turbo planes. I thinkn that when i replace the head it may increase the compression. Now i was thinking if i can find lower compression pistons if that will solve my concern of running boost on a higher compression motor, considing i am doing a head swap. please let me know what you all may think or may have some suggestions.
    Get'em tough get'em boosted. Start Boosting at a Young Age.

The H23 head and the F22 head have the exact smae size(50cc) combustion chambers. Unless you plan on putting it back together without a headgasket then it will be the same.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

i will be putting it together with a F23 head gasket as recomended in a thread that i think "WiCkEd" created. it is actually a very good guide to being able to do the swap. But i am still under the impression that it will have a higher compression possible because of valve springs(i may be wrong, remember that i am still learning about the honda motors).

Comment

Originally posted by CB7Perfection
        i will be putting it together with a F23 head gasket as recomended in a thread that i think "WiCkEd" created. it is actually a very good guide to being able to do the swap. But i am still under the impression that it will have a higher compression possible because of valve springs(i may be wrong, remember that i am still learning about the honda motors).
        Well first off, its "Wikked". Second he made a whole step by step guide with all the parts required. The head is a major component, you need other miscellaneous parts. I suggest getting it ported for maximum satisfaction.

Comment

ah i see as i am learning more about this head. but what about boosting has anyone else boosted with this type of motor setup. and exactly how am i suppose to tune an ecu for this. the set is just weird(in a good way), i will have a non-honda accord ecu, and honda accord block, and a prelude head. how can you possibly develop a basemap of that? and the h23 is not a vtec, right?

Comment

my f22b is boosted, which is basically the f22/h23 hybrid. What ecu do you have? you only need a p06/p05/pr4 or something of that sort
            Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Yea, ur plans are nothing more than a fancy f22b. I've already got a map for that...easy
              Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

lol. it sounds like you'r trying to take too much in at once. slow down and rest for a while. these things need not be rushed.

you should read mrx's stickies in the performance tech section to know more about tuning and ecu's.

anyways, you will have the same compression, so you have nothing to worry about.
                Last edited by d112crzy; 05-16-2006, 04:57 PM.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

D112crzy, explain something to me. If his F22 has 8.8:1 compression pistons with a 50cc combustion chamber on that, how will his compression rise .4 if he puts another head on that has 50cc combustion chambers on it as well?
                  My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

o shit, my bad. I was typing too fast. I was thinking of the f22b head. the f22b head has less cc's.

*post edited.

thanks Jarrett
                    Last edited by d112crzy; 05-16-2006, 04:58 PM.

Comment

very informative thankyou all , for the help. i will be putting this in some serious thought for the next couple of days

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett
                        D112crzy, explain something to me. If his F22 has 8.8:1 compression pistons with a 50cc combustion chamber on that, how will his compression rise .4 if he puts another head on that has 50cc combustion chambers on it as well?
                        I was under the impression that the f22b had a compression of 9.0-9.2 considering it has domed pistons
                        Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Originally posted by 92ex
                          I was under the impression that the f22b had a compression of 9.0-9.2 considering it has domed pistons

I don't get it. Are you contradicting me? Yes, you're right. The F22B also has a 50cc combustion chamber. The compression is higher only because of the pistons.

Comment

actually, the F22B dohc head cc is 47.2CC. the cylinder cc is the same, just not the head.

Comment

I thought that doing this head swap was going to raise the compression a little bit because of deck height??? i could be wrong.
                              my .02 im sure the swap will be fine for boost as long as you do everything correctly and dont cut corners. then once your done dont get boost happy.

Comment

Working...
                              X