Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

simple help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

simple help

Okay i have a t3/t4 hybrid turbo and plan on using it. This may not make any sense but would it be smart to go with a smaller turbo, to see if my block can handle the boost and since this being my first turbo vechile ever? What i dont want is boosting the car with the t3/t4 and something happening and messing up the turbo. Cause i have enough money to do this but not enough money to blow my motor and repair it if this makes any sense.
    Originally posted by Makaveli2k
    Just goes to show, leave the JDM poses to the Nimble, sleek, asians. =)

doubtful anything will mess up your turbo, is anything it will be the block messed up. boost is boost, to an extent. a smaller turbo may create more heat and stress on the block and cause it to fail quicker then your t3/t4. Why do you doubt your engines capabilities unless you've been neglecting it?
    Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

havent neglecting it, listening to other people with turbos and the problems they have. so ive been doing some thinking i know the limits to our motors thats why i bought the cb7 in the first place, but anyway i shouldnt have anything to worry about

Comment

Originally posted by Numba1Hater
        havent neglecting it, listening to other people with turbos and the problems they have. so ive been doing some thinking i know the limits to our motors thats why i bought the cb7 in the first place, but anyway i shouldnt have anything to worry about
        you do? what are they?

no one knows the limits, infact, the limit is what you set it at.

that t3/t4 will do your engine much better than a smaller one. and dont just pay attention to the problems, find a solution to them and learn from others mistakes.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

well i dont know the limits, what i meant by that is that the psi i want to run at on stock internals the f22 block can hold on a good tune.

Comment

And plus im not trying to build a street monster, cause if i was it wouldnt be a cb7. But thanks for the advice im always doubt myself like this.

Comment

If your worried about boost messing up your engine my best advise would be not to turbocharge it. I don't mean to be a prick, but It's not a good idea to turbo a car that was na if you don't have the money to fix something when it breaks. Your turbo will be fine if you keep the boost low. If it's set up for an external wastegate, get one that has a spring rate of 6 pounds. Then if you ever want to go higher just intall a boost controller. If you have a good tune, then you shouldn't have much to worry about, unless you constantly drive your car hard. If tuning yourself, it's a good idea to tune it a little bit rich, that way you have less of a chance of something happening.

Comment

my tubro is about hte size of a good t3/t4...and i ahve no probs whatso ever spooling it. Doesnt really start to kick until around 4k, but after that hold on lol. I think i might agree with slowhonda, if you are second geussing yourself now, maybe you should wait a bit until you feel comfortable enough to not have all the worries. Be confident with it, you control the car, not the other way around!
                justin
                My baby laying down some power...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd_Q8HSIyqA

Comment

Yea thanks for the help guys, i been thinking about it alot but since ive bought most of the parts i dont want to back off of it! Just going to to save up until i have enough dough to spend if something goes wrong! There's a guy i know in jacksonville(texas) that has a turbo cb7 (16g turbo) and its a blast to drive, so whenever i set some money aside he will be helping me turbo my cb.

Comment

Working...
                  X