Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Summer Turbo Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bresk8r87
    replied
    car runs great, smooth powerband, and completely smooth idle at about 800... im really happy with it.... im gonna spend the rest of the day smoothing the map and tuning with the wideband... i drove the car 2 hours on the freeway yesterday with no problems... leaks NO oil now, engine temps were good... but heres the riddle... i havent hit 8 psi yet, but i think im having wastegate probs... either i cracked the flapper or the rods stuck... to my knowledge i havent hit the point where the WG opens, but since about halfway through my drive yest, the turbo doesnt even spool till 3500, and weak at that... as in i cant even hear the BOV...i rechecked for boost leaks, and the pipings fine... so im thinking the WG is stuck open, or the exhaust housing is cracked around the WG, ill inspect later today...

other than that, ive been taking it easy on the car... couple Spec V's and a mid 90's mustang gt on the kill list already, and only at ~4psi before i let off... cant wait to safely push 8

thanks to everyone who helped out, all you guys on the site, couldnt have done any of this without the help!

Leave a comment:

• bresk8r87
    replied
    fixing the fitting dilemma this morning, going to go out and find the right size thread fitting... while im at it i figure i might as well run the coolant lines, so ill pick up some fittings for that too while the turbo is easily accesible. wideband is in this morning, but havent gotten a chance to datalog as i havent run the car yet.... all in good time.

and i swear, if this thing leaks ANY oil by the time im done with it, im finding the biggest bridge around, and driving it off of it.

Leave a comment:

• bresk8r87
    replied
    innovate LC-1 since i can just datalog with my comp

Leave a comment:

• starchland
    replied
    nice. what wideband did you pick up?

Leave a comment:

• bresk8r87
    replied
    wideband came in today! now the fun begins... ill install it tonight once i get my car back from meineke, and im meeting up with carlos in the morning to tune on my way down to tampa.... things are looking up!

EDIT:

Just drove the car back from the shop, sounds great, unfortunately, i have a bad oil leak again, but it looks to just be the oil feed where it meets the turbo, which is easily accessible... fucking stealthmode fittings... im gonna go get the right thread fitting, elbow it off, and seal the shit out of it in the morning....im so fucking sick of leaking oil...i seriously had about 1 quart still in the sump when i got home, i was so scared i was gonna blow the engine... as soon as i pulled onto my street, smoke was pouring out the hood from oil on the exhaust pipe.... NOT GOOD at all.... if anyone knows the for sure thread size of the fitting, let me know, im not sure if its 10x1.25 or a 7/16 thread...either way, guess ill find out manana
    Last edited by bresk8r87; 08-21-2006, 08:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• GunRunner
    replied
    today was the first time I had seen this thread, seems like you've had quite a summer of boosting your accord. Glad to see that you haven't given up and I hope that you find it all worth while.

Leave a comment:

• bresk8r87
    replied
    update

spent the last few days hunting down and fixing a major oil leak, as well as relocating the oil return to clear the downpipe for peace of mind...

spent a good amount of time on the phone with carlos (wikked) yesterday trying to get the car somewhat tuned (i dont know if you can even call it 'tuning' with a stock o2 sensor and carlos on the phone, but hey, you gotta start somewhere )

anyways, things are looking up, ive got the car running pretty damn good right now on a richened up version of mrx's map, no more hiccups or dying... finally getting the hang of uberdata and maps.... and it looks like it'll be safe to drive it back down to tampa this week for school ::whew::

my wideband is in the mail, and hopefully itll get here tomorrow, if so, im gonna try and meet up with carlos some time this week on my way to tampa and fine tune. currently holding 6psi though....damn couplers keep blowing

Leave a comment:

• Accord R33
    replied
    Originally posted by mullet
    Am I reading this right?
    No

Leave a comment:

• mullet
    replied
    Am I reading this right? You're running it boosted on stock injectors and ECU?

Leave a comment:

• bresk8r87
    replied
    bought a wideband o2 today.... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=330019543193

slapped the stock injectors and ECU back in today, im driving the car back down to tampa N/A to be safe.... i figure itll take me 10 minutes to put them back in once im settled in down there and have time to tune.... and its better than a blown engine

once the wideband comes in ill really get to tuning...till then, everythings still attached, but the car is stock... i still get looks from people when i start spooling though...how ironic

Leave a comment:

• bresk8r87
    replied
    video rehosted and fixed

Leave a comment:

• bresk8r87
    replied
    as of late, car is running like shit again... heres a video i took... notice the erratic idle as soon as i let off the gas going in reverse.... im stumped. anyone have a diagnosis.....pleeeease someone.... sorry about the quality, it was taken on my phone and its more so for the sound than the picture...

http://s53.photobucket.com/albums/g4...t=HPIM0569.flv
    Last edited by bresk8r87; 08-17-2006, 08:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bresk8r87
    replied
    yeah, the platinums i bought were only 12 bucks for a set as opposed to iridiums being about 40 bucks, so im not gonna go beserk if i have to drop money on a set of fresh colder plugs when i finish getting things tuned....

BREAKTHROUGH!

I just took it around the neighborhood to see how it would behave at different speeds and if anything changed... it still is pretty rough till you get out of first...i guess i really have to work on the low end map, but once it hits about 3k.... hoooly crap it decided it was time to boogie....it pulled like a mother, no real bad missing noticeable, and no signs of predetonation...so thats good. once i replace my plugs it should run even better....

as for now, im soldering in the datalogging stuff just to get a rough estimate of where im at A/F wise so i dont grenade the block... im definately getting a wideband as soon as its feesable... and im not going to push the car till then.... im gonna do my best to stay out of boost, even though ive got a 2 hour highway drive ahead of me

Leave a comment:

• mullet
    replied
    Just a little suggestion from my experience, use the plugs you have until you get your tune pretty close to where it needs to be. The NGK V-power plugs will only fuel foul once and are no longer usable, can't be cleaned, won't fire, etc. I went through MANY sets before someone told me you can only fuel foul them once before they're worthless.

Leave a comment:

• bresk8r87
    replied
    seems i was having some map problems... got a decent map to burn finally, leaned it up just a tiny bit near idle, and richened it a little higher in the power band, and the car runs ok for now...its still hard to tell open downpipe, but i was able to rev it to about 4500 alright and held 6psi after i found my leaks (forgot to put a t-bolt back on a connnector....) anyways, car is idleing ~1500 cold still, but thats ok...im gonna work on getting it a little smoother when i get home from work.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X