Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Summer Turbo Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bresk8r87
    replied
    oops, i meant i wasnt getting out of vaccum at partial throttle...id get the same sputter at around 2500, and the highest i went was 4000 and it flatlined at 0 in/hg...so no boost entering the intake mani... ill recheck to see if i by chance blew a pipe in the morning before work, but as for the plugs, theyre brand new, bosch platinums, gapped them to about .30.... yeah i know i really should get NGK one step colder, ill work on it

im messing with the map right now in UD trying to lean it up just a little around idle so it wont be as high/rough... we'll see if it makes a difference in the morning.

the missing seems to coincide with the spoolup...as soon as i hear the turbo starting to really spool, it sputters and jumps all over....

ive also got a small t3 map for the f22 i havent tried yet, from the guys at intec racing...ill see if that seems to solve my problems in the morning.

thanks for the help man

Leave a comment:

• 92ex
    replied
    you don't get outta vacuum in idle. you probably are running rich at idle, i am, and UD is very fickle about me changing idle a/fs, your spark plugs sound fouled, check intake mani for leaks, and the coolant lines into the turbo

Leave a comment:

• Fr0z3N
    replied
    Damn man that blows, I hope its not that serious

Leave a comment:

• bresk8r87
    replied
    just spent a bit playing with the car in neutral, trying to see how the maps work with my completed setup....anyways, i revved a couple times, and then all of the sudden my engine bogged down and died...and didnt have enough juice to restart it...due to a drained battery....

i went to pep boys, charged the battery, and headed back to see if that was the extent of my problems...

well, upon pulling the plugs (which i replaced before even starting the car...
    ) they were black and wet. i was too panicked to see if it was fuel or oil, im hoping fuel from being rich...but im on mrx's 14b map so it wouldnt really make sense to be running that rich at idle....

white smoke coming out the exhaust housing (still open downpipe) just did an emergency comp check and compression checks out at 175, 175, 175, 175... so i havent ahceived my worst fear yet... it idles alright now (warm is around 1000), but as soon as i gas it, it starts missing pretty violently around 2400rpm, and has a mind of its own...ill let off the gas and it will surge for a second and then drop back to normal idle...

im still not even out of vaccum when i punch the throttle too... so i know ive got some bad boost leaks, but those are the least of my worries at this moment...

so i dont know what the deal is... if this keeps up, im pulling the kit and parting out, ive outspent myself on this project as it is, and i really dont need a blown motor on my hands too...

im going back to school next week, so im thinking worst case scenario, ill slap the stock injectors on, unhook the charge pipes again, plug in the PT3 and drive down there stock...then try and figure out what my problem is... i know its not on the map's end....

will update when i try to get it running in the morning.
    Last edited by bresk8r87; 08-18-2006, 07:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bresk8r87
    replied
    its nothign to do with the injectors, i could run the car rich all day before it started to bog. this is instantaneous.

im running with turbo connected and MRX's basemap...my only guess is its a drained battery from sitting for 3 weeks, and me starting it alot without letting it recharge...guess ill know when i take it up to get tested in a few

Leave a comment:

• Fr0z3N
    replied
    Originally posted by bresk8r87
    so, i either have a very dead battery or something is fucked. i started the car today, and it will barely turn over (got very sluggish) and now just wont start and clicks...i know, dead battery. when i jumped it and got it running, as soon as i let off the gas, it died...like instantly.... any ideas?
    Are you still running the 450 injectors N/A? That could be the problem, try temporary adjusting the idle

Leave a comment:

• bresk8r87
    replied
    so, i either have a very dead battery or something is fucked. i started the car today, and it will barely turn over (got very sluggish) and now just wont start and clicks...i know, dead battery. when i jumped it and got it running, as soon as i let off the gas, it died...like instantly.... any ideas?

Leave a comment:

• bresk8r87
    replied
    turbo now has a screen clamped to inlet... and i ordered some heat wrap for the mani, my main concern is wrapping the downpipe in it because the oil return sits so freakin close to it and i dont want to melt it

EDIT: chipped p06 will be here in the morning!

The guys at Intec racing are really cool, the rep i dealt with is overnighting it to me for no extra charge . they tune with crome but the guy burned me a map for a small t3 f22 setup once i told him my setup, and he said its a pretty damn strong basemap...so looks like ill be experimenting
    Last edited by bresk8r87; 08-09-2006, 01:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• flacopower
    replied
    are you going to run a heat shield?? are you going to run an open turbo?

Leave a comment:

• sonikaccord
    replied
    your shift boot = sex
    Anyway, thats how u solve problems. By yourself.
    Good job.

Leave a comment:

• bresk8r87
    replied
    no...the ecu is giving me problems and not accepting the chip, so im waiting on another p06 to arrive... the p06 ran on the stock map with or without the chip in, and even after i checked connections and soldering it wouldnt work, so i just have the car running na right now on the stock ecu (which is why im running insanely rich)

EDIT: i just went outside and started the car, and it started right up...roughly, granted, but no hesitation...seems i hit the nail on the head... new plugs and a bottle of injector cleaner should fix it... whew

Leave a comment:

• gdout90accord
    replied
    did u try starting it with your chipped ecu?

Leave a comment:

• bresk8r87
    replied
    so today i drove the car to the gas station N/A and open downpipe, and filled the tank, and leaving the gas station it wouldnt start... almost like it was flooded...

ive got the 450's in still, and im running the stock PT3 for the time being (coldside pipes not connected, with a filter on it)

my question is, why do you think it wouldnt start? dumping too much fuel? i let it sit for a good 10 minutes and the same old story...car turns over but doesnt start. i really hope i dumped too much fuel and i didnt do anything to the engine my bud had to tow me home

when i pulled the plugs last week to check for compression, they were black from running so rich, so i guess theyre now so covered in shit that im not getting a spark to start the car? im gonna pull them in the morning and replace them with one step colder anyways....hopefully thats my problem

anyways, let me know what you guys think

Leave a comment:

• bresk8r87
    replied
    just some pics.... havent washed the car, going to the exhaust shop in the morning and then washing and detailing.

Last edited by bresk8r87; 08-07-2006, 07:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• flacopower
    replied
    once you get your car running, have you contemplated running water injection?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X