Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Summer Turbo Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bookmarking this page, i love projects.

Comment

looks real good, i am waiting on oil lines and then i can throw all mine on aswell, too bad im rockin a t25 though, good luck with the project

PS boy is it nice to post outside of the beginner forum

Comment

If anyone is interested, I do have an EVOIII GT 16G that needs a rebuild for sale. I'm looking for 100 obo. Turbochargers.com wants 275 for a complete rebuild, FYI.

Any news on the turbo project? I just quieted mine down with a temporary muffler while my Magnaflow ships and the charge pipes didn't arrive. I'm curious to hear your opinion on the eBay piping kit. Keep us updated!
        wat

Comment

im desoldering and soldering the p06 today, and if i have enough time im bringing the mani up to a machine shop to have it redrilled... my turbo is supposed to arrive today, so im hoping ups will be here in the next hour or so...

i was thinking about using some sort of epoxy sealant on the inside of the couplers, you know, something high temp resistant, so that it would help with boost leaks do to the clamps not being able to be uber tightened...anyone have any ideas?
          1993 CB7
          2001 BB6

Comment

ECU is CHIPPED! only took me a few hours and some burned fingertips

going to the machine shop to have the bov welded and the manifold redrilled....

14b came in earlier today, ill post pics later....
            1993 CB7
            2001 BB6

Comment

Sweet, I wanna see....
              1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

picture sucks because i took it on my phone, but its enough to see the finished product. the datalog cable came in while i was chipping the ecu, how convenient! you can see the 4 prong in the picture.

im currently in the garage going to town on the mani with a power drill, so that'll be done by the end of the day...

heres the turbo new turbo:

Last edited by bresk8r87; 07-24-2006, 05:20 PM.
                1993 CB7
                2001 BB6

Comment

also.... i figured id ask in this thread.

i was retightening the head studs that hold the headers on, and i overtorqued the furthest left one (looking at the front of block) and snapped the bolt right off....guess i dont know my own strength....

anyways, i was worried that id have a small exhaust leak, but i idled the car in the driveway, and then tested different throttle positions, and even at wot there was no leak that i could feel...

has this happened to anyone else? best case scenario thats just one of the modified holes on the DSM mani i dont have to worry about.... let me know thanks.
                  1993 CB7
                  2001 BB6

Comment

dear diary....

been outside all morning trying to get the charge pipes in place...this is such a bitch....cutting bumper to fit the IC and relocating PS cooler lines this afternoon.... my chip burner came today so now the ecu is totally ready to be plugged into the car...just need to load a stock map first and make sure all the connections are good...

turbo and mani arent going on till tomorrow, because i have to borrow some jackstands, and my buddy cant bring them over today.

hopefully ill have a majority of the work done by tomorrow night....im really hoping, as im going out of town thursday for maryland...

pics later, ill keep you posted
                    Last edited by bresk8r87; 07-25-2006, 07:53 PM.
                    1993 CB7
                    2001 BB6

Comment

nightly update.

GOD HATH NO FURY LIKE THAT OF A N/A HONDA

Finihsed all the charge piping today... its sitting in the car ready to be connected...

my orbital cutter crapped out on me today so i need to buy a new dremel in the morning, since i never got around to cutting the bumper....

basically, i spent all afternoon working on getting the header and downpipe out....the down pipe is a BITCH, i spent nearly 2 hours and too much PB blaster trying to loosen those bolts, so im just borrowing a saw in the morning and cutting the pipe out... since i cant even drop the oil pan to drill it until the downpipe is out...

on a good note, ive almost got the front motor mount out...with a little torquing the bolts come right out. also looks like i will be the only cb7 member (that i know off) sporting a JB welded blow off valve since no one around here can weld aluminum piping... im hoping it will hold, hell....if it can patch the side of an engine block, it can hold in 8 psi ::crosses fingers::

tomorrow im going to town on the fucking car...that turbo is going in by tomorrow night come hell or high water.....

but for now....its time to get drunk
                      Last edited by bresk8r87; 07-26-2006, 05:48 PM.
                      1993 CB7
                      2001 BB6

Comment

Nice work keep up the good work and wish you the best!
                        99 GS300 (Aristo) 2JZ Power

Bought from:gdout, bb6-sh

Comment

thanks man...back at ya
                          1993 CB7
                          2001 BB6

Comment

DAY 3 progress:

Well, its always darkest before the dawn....

considered returning the car to NA today, as i was not getting anything accomplished within a reasonable timeframe, but after my temper tantrum, managed to get to where i need to be...

Finished ALL charge piping, all clamps in place and tightened...finally got the header out of there, after finally breaking the bolts....

having to bore out almost all the mani holes on my 2g manifold for it to line up...ill finish that once the powerdrill recharges...

after 2 1/2 hours of cut fingers and cursing, finally got the front motor mount completely off! managed to drop the oil pan finally....the JB weld is drying in the garage right now...

im almost done cutting the bumper to fit my big ass front mount...then its on to relocating the PS cooler (might just scrap it if i get impatient).

As for having the turbo in tonight come hell or high water.... well, the high water part played true its pouring like a bitch here, so the rest of the afternoon will be dedicated to mastering the Willem sitting in front of me (wish me luck...) and finishing the bumper cut...

Unfortunately, project will be on hold until monday, as i will be in Maryland.

Updates when i feel neccessary

peace out
                            1993 CB7
                            2001 BB6

Comment

keep up the good work, i cant wait to see it finished, i c\am putting mine on saturday, i hope i dont run into the same problems, im just gonna cut the dp off right off the bat, im getting new exhaust anyway, and my manifold is already drilled i gave it to my gf dad who is a machinest along with a f22 gasket and he redrilled for me, i got my ecu in today with a N/A map and its running like a champ, why was the front motor mount so hard to get off? it looks like its gonna be easy, best of luck, keep us updated

Comment

i accidentally overtorqued the top nut (the 17mm that holds the mount in place) and bent the tab right out its place....so i had to take the bolts that holds the mount to the block off WITH the rubber mount stil in place....

glad to see your project coming along man....what exhaust are you using?
                                1993 CB7
                                2001 BB6

Comment

Working...
                                X