Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Summer Turbo Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bresk8r87
    also looks like i will be the only cb7 member (that i know off) sporting a JB welded blow off valve since no one around here can weld aluminum piping... im hoping it will hold, hell....if it can patch the side of an engine block, it can hold in 8 psi ::crosses fingers::
    backfire32 jb welded his on ive seen it irl too looked deceivingly well welded lol
    My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

i accidentally overtorqued the top nut (the 17mm that holds the mount in place) and bent the tab right out its place....so i had to take the bolts that holds the mount to the block off WITH the rubber mount stil in place....

glad to see your project coming along man....what exhaust are you using?

i have the flange off of a 1g downpipe, im just going to take it to a local shop and get custom prolly 2 1/2 inch, i dunno yet, if i can afford 3 ill do it, what exhaust are you using?
      Last edited by spitfireskatr7; 07-27-2006, 02:43 PM.

Comment

ive got the o2 housing flange as well and im having a friends dad weld 2.5 to it and running that all the way back
        1993 CB7
        2001 BB6

Comment

yea i think ill go with 2.5 aswell, except now im reconsidering going turbo because of stupid that stupid chipped ecu, i tryed to reburn the chip and now it doesnt start, if i cant figure out how to use it then i dunno what im gonna do, im gettin frustrated haha

Comment

from what ive seen, 3" requires notching the crossmember... dont let one problem with your ecu get you down, keep at it and figure it out...ive wanted to quit about 15 times since i started, seeming as ive been doing everything with handtools in my driveway... just the think how satisfying that first full boost pull will be...
            1993 CB7
            2001 BB6

Comment

yea but its so frustrating, one thing after another and i havent even started yet...but yea the first pull is going to be amazing, btw, i thoughti knew where the j1 was but i guess i dont, where is it, i thought it was on the underside of the ecu but i dont see it

Comment

its right next to r49 and r62, looking at the board it should be towards the top right of your socket.... you need to jump j1 with apiece of wire...thats probably your problem? if that wire is cut youre just running a stock map on the ecu.

this is a picture from mrx's thread...notice j1, towards the top of r49.

hope this helps

1993 CB7
                2001 BB6

Comment

ohh okay, i dunno where i read that it was on the bottom haha, yea mine looks just like that so i dunno *edit* maybe it was loose or something cuz i wiggled it and then i put the chip back in and plugged in my ecu and it started right up and is running good again, sorry to jack your thread thanks for your help man i appreciate it
                  Last edited by spitfireskatr7; 07-27-2006, 10:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokinspeeds
                    backfire32 jb welded his on ive seen it irl too looked deceivingly well welded lol

lol no i didn't i think it was todd that did but not sure?

Comment

Originally posted by Backfire32
                      lol no i didn't i think it was todd that did but not sure?
                      Ok, I thought when I first saw your car you jb welded something on your piping tho? maybe I'm wrong but you said something about jb welding at that meet lol...
                      My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

car is driveable. pics later.
                        1993 CB7
                        2001 BB6

Comment

nice work man, how is it driving?

Comment

havent left the driveway yet because i still havent put the bumper back on because of the ic, but it idles and revs pretty nice, no really problems yet except the o2 sensor cel for lack of having a downpipe....
                            1993 CB7
                            2001 BB6

Comment

yea thats why i just disabled closed loop for now, i just had my downpipe made yesterday, now i just ahve to bend my ac lines out of the way so i can put the o2 back in

Comment

havent left the driveway yet because i still havent put the bumper back on because of the ic, but it idles and revs pretty nice, no really problems yet except the o2 sensor cel for lack of having a downpipe....
                                just disable the o2 sensor in uberdata. its not like you're gona use it while boosting anyways.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Working...
                                X