Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Summer Turbo Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well, a recap

car is all done as far as the engine goes...spent most of the morning finishing up the oil lines and hooking everything back up, while the jb weld on my oil pan dried...

finally managed to figure out how to work the willem this morning and im running antoine's 14b basemap...

i spent the afternoon finding boost leaks and getting all the 'kinks out' of the system....really anxious to get the car on the road in the morning and see how it drives, i guess once i get the poor bumper to fit back on ill be good to go... speaking of which, my cd5 lip came in today so that gives me some motivation ... rerouted passenger winshield fluid sprayer line and fabbed new resevoir a la gatorade bottle and duct tap to spray water on the intercooler....not really neccesary but eh, why not?

will upload pictures and videos in the morning....i promise
    1993 CB7
    2001 BB6

Comment

haha i did the same thing with my intercooler sprayer, it didint work that well and it touched the manifold and melted and i didnt know and i sprayed it and this huuuge cloud of steam came out from under my hood and i was like wtf?? and i popped the hood and it was just spraying all over the manifold haha im glad it didnt crack, and also it sucks cuz you spray it and your wipers go, and also i found out that a copper washer and rubber o ring works on both sides with a nut worked great i gave up trying to braze it and was gonna jbweld but didnt have the patients for the stupid plug, haha good work man

Comment

shit....looks like everythings gone to hell as of this morning....

i think the map is bad... the car is running like shit right now although its hard to tell with it open downpipe....

but my even more pressing problem.... my oil pan is leaking oil like it is its job...but only while the car is running....im talking about seeping over the top and coming out the sides of the lip... all the screws are tightened and the gasket is good.... i cant figure it out for the life of me...i know its not coming from the oil return line

car is sitting right now till i can figure out what the hell im going to do with it.... id rather not fry my ringlands this soon....
        1993 CB7
        2001 BB6

Comment

wow, sorry to hear it, are you sure all of the holes are lined up with the gasket, i dunno how else it would leak

Comment

forgot to mention...have a 2k idle....something is def wrong...
            1993 CB7
            2001 BB6

Comment

these are the reasons why im not gonna boost. i want to sooooo bad. good luck with the project though

Comment

cant get any datalogging....ecu is most likely in limp mode, car will start with or without the chip in... rechecked all the soldering and its good...car is still idleing at 2,000 rpms...disconnected cold charge piping for now so the car runs NA but car is idleing so high turbo is already spooled up slightly.... im really stumped guys, my only thought is that its a bad chip... i guess ill find out later today...as for now, looks like im dropping the oil pan AGAIN
                1993 CB7
                2001 BB6

Comment

oil pan problem fixed. doing another compression test in a few to make sure no ringlands were inadvertantly blown to bits (didnt find any in the oil pan though, so thats good...) and triple checking p06 and rechipping.... im just glad oil isnt pouring out of the bottom of my block anymore.

still cant figure out why it's idling so damn high with the p06.... put my stock pt3 back in and it idles at ~1500 which is still pretty high even for a cold start... im guessing its because its running so rich with the 450s? i rechecked all vaccum lines, those arent the source... guess ill give it a break for the afternoon and come back fresh this evening.

those of you with working setups, PLEASE shoot some advice my way...im trying my best and i cant diagnose the problem.... the only cel im getting is limp mode...you think its the chip or the ecu itself?
                  1993 CB7
                  2001 BB6

Comment

mine was doing the exact same thing, i dunno if you made anychanges to the map, but make sure you have the right version of uberdata that the map was made on, and try to first just put it in the directory of uberdata, dont change or save one thing then try and burn it, mines really *** if i change something more than like one time i have to redownload the map or my car will start in limp mode like that, you just have to keep messin with it, it took me like 7 hours

Comment

nope, i didnt touch the map.... its exactly how antoine sent it to me, and its in the uberdata directory.... i overnighted a moates burner and im selling off the willem...i hate to give in but i need the car driveable asap for work (i know, dont get on me for turboing a daily driver...)

fixed the high idle sort of... turns out it was the old cruise control line that i, like a moron, left open when i was pulling it out.

downpipe getting made in the morning, hopefully wont melt oil return line since theyll be touching basically.

going to put the bumper on, reburn the chip, and finish this bitch tomorrow.... even if its due to blown ringlands
                      1993 CB7
                      2001 BB6

Comment

glad to see you got it figured it out, yea i was worried about my oil return melting, it was covered in carbon and i rocked it all day and it was fine, so i wouldnt worry about it, haha real dudes rock turbo NA-T honda daily's i turboed mine 2 weeks before i drive 9 hours to ohio for school and its my only car

Comment

Stock map would probably run high because it's based off of the smaller stock injectors which is why your pt3 was a bit high idle. You did have your chipped map setup for the 450s? (I would assume so if you got them from antoine.) And Iamanonymous has some really good maps if you want more to work with. I'm na as of current and I just got the ecu from his half stripped car after it was stolen. Ran his map a few days it's pretty good but it was for turbo so might be even better for you.
                          My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

yeah....i couldnt get the willem to burn properly so the 14b map wasnt working on the p06 and it was running in limp mode. its antoines map but i know iamanonymous has some good maps, ive been meaning to get in touch with him, i even considered buying that ecu.... im about to burn the map with the moates so hopefully this problem is behind me.... thanks for the advice
                            1993 CB7
                            2001 BB6

Comment

No prob, I just got the ecu from him, and havent set up with a burner so I don't have the maps yet so just pm him and I don't think he'd mind emailing you maps. He put down pretty good numbers with his tune and I felt more power in the middle of the powerband even on my mostly stock na engine.
                              My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

Originally posted by Smokinspeeds
                                No prob, I just got the ecu from him, and havent set up with a burner so I don't have the maps yet so just pm him and I don't think he'd mind emailing you maps. He put down pretty good numbers with his tune and I felt more power in the middle of the powerband even on my mostly stock na engine.
                                dawg dont take your stock auto f22a1 up to 7k rpm

Comment

Working...
                                X