Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Summer Turbo Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

car runs pretty nice, but my datalogging cable took a shit, or the driver is fucked up, so i cant get readings from the ecu, therefore im not even gonna hit boost till i can tell im running on the map and not lean as a mother... picking up an AF gauge today just to see if im in the general ballpark...

Last edited by bresk8r87; 08-03-2006, 03:36 PM.
    1993 CB7
    2001 BB6

Comment

Help!!!!

ecu is out of limp mode. chip is burned fine. runs the same with or without chip in, and i still cant get it to datalog. im pretty sure its my ecu gone bad

Solid CEL, even when im not trying to pull codes

im banging my head on the desk right now, this is completely bogus.

the cars starts and runs fine, it just idles quite high. it doesnt miss, it doesnt stall out or bog down... ive let it idle for about 5 minutes at a time, and it still revs fine, im just afraid to hit boost for the ringlands sake until i know whats going on.

what do you guys think? am i just paranoid? i thought the car wouldnt be able to start with a bad ecu??? it seems im in quite the paradox at the moment.

someone PLEASE shoot some advice my way, im completely stumped.

the honda gods are having a shit fest on yours truly
      Last edited by bresk8r87; 08-03-2006, 11:01 PM.
      1993 CB7
      2001 BB6

Comment

Looks like ive found the solution... bad ecu

Throws bad ECU CEL with P06 in, and with PT3 in it only throws code 41, which i expected. I guess im just gonna have to drive the car around NA till i can order another ecu... which isnt all that bad seeming ill just disconnect the cold side charge pipe
        1993 CB7
        2001 BB6

Comment

I hope that intercooler is mounted way better than that. Keep us updated with the ECU situation. Have you checked the solders on the chip socket?
          wat

Comment

are you sure j1 didn't just come aloose? code 0 doesn't necessarily mean bad ecu as far as chipped ecu's are concerned. With chipped ecu's it can just mean the ecu doesn't have a map to read off of so it has to default back to limp mode. This can be due to bad soldering, the chip is in backwards, or just a bad burn of the map. If the ecu was fine before and you didn't pour soda in it or anything of the sort then the ecu is still fine.

And please don't just go switching the chip's orientation. Make sure its in right tho and that all of the pins are making good contact with the chip.
            Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

i rechecked j1 and it was fine yesterday...the chip is in the socket the right way, and according to the burner it has verified the map is on there...it seems theres no problems going on on the computers end, but i cant for the life of me figure why the ecu isnt working, i triple checked my soldering and made sure the pins are in tight and making contact, and the car is still running like shit with the p06.... only thing i can think of is that the socket has some pins not making a full connection, but i made sure they were good when i soldered it in so im stumped
              1993 CB7
              2001 BB6

Comment

can you save the bin off your chip and read it in your tuning program?

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

hmmm, well i saved the buffer file that i burned to the chip to the uber directory just now... i opened it up in uber, and it was all kinds of funky, -6.0 in every value on the Fuel matrix, 27.5 on everything on the fuel grid... misc had random things like vtec > 20 enabled, all sorts of weird shit... so i erased the chip and reburned the map 'f22 with 14b' that antoine sent me, and when i checked the chip info again, it was alright, so i went out and put in the chip, car doesnt throw a cel when started, yet it still runs smooth idleing high...even though i did a vaccum test last night, and no leaks, and my boost gauge is reading ~18 h/g at idle which is relatively normal... screwy
                  1993 CB7
                  2001 BB6

Comment

did you adjust the FICV?
                    Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

will your intercooler fit without cutting up the bumper?
                      You have been defeated by a car with child locks, how embarassing...

"I noticed my f22 felt "healthier" until it blew up." <Myk>

Comment

do you mean the FITV? or is there an FICV and i just dont know where it is? anywhoo, havent touched that or the idle screw yet, ill try that tonight, that may be part of my problem....

pulled the plugs and theyre jet black, so im running waaaay rich... and with it open down pipe and on stands, i cant idle the car for too long to see if it stops surging, because i start trippin off the fumes

and no, i had to gut my bumper, like every other person with a front mount... it turned out pretty clean but i have yet to see an intercooler that will fit a stock bumper
                        Last edited by bresk8r87; 08-04-2006, 07:41 PM.
                        1993 CB7
                        2001 BB6

Comment

u can do it.. just hard and u have to use a small intercooler..

GET A TUNING QUOTE FROM ME AZ PEOPLE

"TÜNE.FREE Engine Management!"

...::SHAWNEE::...

Comment

well, its looking like im going to buy a prechipped ecu and see if it really is the ecu after all, or a bad chip.... i talked to matt at intec racing and he's shipping me out a presocketed p06 today...if it solves my problem great, if not, ill sell it off or return it... the last thing i wanted to do is spend MORE money on this project, but if this fixes it, im set...so basically, another 125 bucks just got sunk in to this project...

havent gotten up to the muffler shop yet, hoping to do that monday before work...its going to be a pain on an open downpipe car running uber rich, seeming as its about 10 miles away.

btw, if anyone wants to pick up some turbo stuff, im trying to sell off some stuff i dont need now....

13g turbo, Autometer Boost Gauge, Sunpro Oil Pressure Gauge, Brand New WIllem Eprom Burner, and the ECU will be for sale if i can figure out if its any good... let me know if you want anything, i need to start making some money back...goin back to school in 2 weeks

anyways, ill keep you updated...thanks alot everyone for the help so far, ill post new pics today of the car once i wash it (its been sitting under an oak tree for a week and a half on jack stands...itsd FILTHY). peace
                            1993 CB7
                            2001 BB6

Comment

you can fit a decent sized intercooler if you take out the a/c crap, thats what im gonna do
                              You have been defeated by a car with child locks, how embarassing...

"I noticed my f22 felt "healthier" until it blew up." <Myk>

Comment

thats no ac crap, thats the power steering cooler...its not really crucial, but it helps your PS fluids life drastically... ill show you a pic of mine, im telling you, youll still have to hack the bumper and bumper support...mine is only 2.5 thick and sits flush against the radiator support, and i still had to take a good portion of the bumper out....what size ic are you using?
                                1993 CB7
                                2001 BB6

Comment

Working...
                                X