Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Summer Turbo Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

innovate LC-1 since i can just datalog with my comp
    1993 CB7
    2001 BB6

Comment

fixing the fitting dilemma this morning, going to go out and find the right size thread fitting... while im at it i figure i might as well run the coolant lines, so ill pick up some fittings for that too while the turbo is easily accesible. wideband is in this morning, but havent gotten a chance to datalog as i havent run the car yet.... all in good time.

and i swear, if this thing leaks ANY oil by the time im done with it, im finding the biggest bridge around, and driving it off of it.
      1993 CB7
      2001 BB6

Comment

car runs great, smooth powerband, and completely smooth idle at about 800... im really happy with it.... im gonna spend the rest of the day smoothing the map and tuning with the wideband... i drove the car 2 hours on the freeway yesterday with no problems... leaks NO oil now, engine temps were good... but heres the riddle... i havent hit 8 psi yet, but i think im having wastegate probs... either i cracked the flapper or the rods stuck... to my knowledge i havent hit the point where the WG opens, but since about halfway through my drive yest, the turbo doesnt even spool till 3500, and weak at that... as in i cant even hear the BOV...i rechecked for boost leaks, and the pipings fine... so im thinking the WG is stuck open, or the exhaust housing is cracked around the WG, ill inspect later today...

other than that, ive been taking it easy on the car... couple Spec V's and a mid 90's mustang gt on the kill list already, and only at ~4psi before i let off... cant wait to safely push 8

thanks to everyone who helped out, all you guys on the site, couldnt have done any of this without the help!
        1993 CB7
        2001 BB6

Comment

Don't forget to make a vid driving it around
          Originally posted by deevergote
          I'd eat a baby for free. I'm hungry, dammit!

Comment

sooo u plan on hittimg me up? or am i no longer needed?

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

haha man sorry for being mia, i saw you called today but ive been moving in since early this morning so i havent had time to even work on the car, ill be in touch as soon as im settled in... by the way, you still need those engine codes?
              1993 CB7
              2001 BB6

Comment

nah i figured it out.. she still wont start thou.. (blames the distributor).. so well see what happens..

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

if you work on it this weekend ill be free to lend a set of helping hands, once i stop running so rich it takes 1/2 a tank to get back to kissimmee... (opens uberdata, stops procrastinating) lemme know mang
                  1993 CB7
                  2001 BB6

Comment

not to revive a dead thread...

popped the hood today to check on everything, ive been trying to finish tuning the vac section so im not running overly rich.... anyways, i noticed the breather filter on the left side of the valve cover (the one that goes to the stock intake) is saturated in oil, and theres some oil spackled all over the engine bay, im about 1/2 quart down too, and this is the first time ive noticed this... any ideas to the culprit?
                    1993 CB7
                    2001 BB6

Comment

get a catch can.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

going to home depot in a few minutes to take care of it... still, this just happened recently, ive been running it for months with no can and havent had any blown oil... cant tell if its anything internal.
                        1993 CB7
                        2001 BB6

Comment

blow by is pretty normal. especially on turbo cars. if you start blowing smoke, start to worry

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

yeah, havent had any internal problems so far, i guess its just normal blow by thats started accumulating since the cars been boosted, i was just missing it... id be much more worried if i was seeing any symptoms of ringlands going, etc.
                            1993 CB7
                            2001 BB6

Comment

....knock on wood.

EDIT: purchased a P&P 14b for very cheap, freshly rebuilt nonetheless. should be here next week and ill put it in and take pics.
                              Last edited by bresk8r87; 09-21-2006, 07:12 PM.
                              1993 CB7
                              2001 BB6

Comment

Originally posted by bresk8r87
                                yeah, havent had any internal problems so far, i guess its just normal blow by thats started accumulating since the cars been boosted, i was just missing it... id be much more worried if i was seeing any symptoms of ringlands going, etc.
                                unfortunately..blow by can be a sign of worn ring lands. but worry not

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Working...
                                X