Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Summer Turbo Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so, my bov has stopped working recently... and at first i figured the big boost leak is to blame... but heres my question... i know youre supposed to tee it off a vacuum source... namely the FPR, but mine is tee'd off the vac line to the left of the fuel rail (looking at it from the front) and its not even tripping the bov when im in boost... you think im not pulling enough vac to keep the valve shut? that would also explain my boost leak... i know its a long shot but its just a theory, im going to reroute the line over to the FPR in the morning, i just wanted to know if anyone has had similar problems...
    1993 CB7
    2001 BB6

Comment

i teed off a vac line going from the intake mani to the MAP box...
      Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

so ive come across a good amount of cash thanks to unforseen grants and scholarships with my schooling, ive basically got an extra 3500 bucks after all expenses for the next year in the bank, and nothing to do with it... so i think im gonna go in the direction of 92ex and lodollar and start assembling a built f22... ive got the funds, and i figure i can order all the parts over the next months, ship them to my garage, and build it up and swap it when i head back home for christmas for a month... all in all i'd be happy with ~400 horses to the wheels, and i know what it's going to encompass...

ive been using my bud's ~300hp srt4 as a daily driver lately and im really not too impressed with his car @ 20psi... its just not the kick in the pants im looking for. im thinking the same psi on a built f22 block and a >60 trim t3 will give me just what im looking for... forged internals, here i come

current engine/turbo kit may be for sale by christmas, ill update you as the shopping list develops... comments, questions, concerns?

oh and carlos, if youre readin this, my phone has been fucked for the last month, ive got three chips in my drawer right now from moates, you can get 2 of them off me if you need em still, hit me up... phones good now
        Last edited by bresk8r87; 09-28-2006, 11:15 AM.
        1993 CB7
        2001 BB6

Comment

Working...
        X