Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

JDM F22b BOOST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JDM F22b BOOST

Hey guys,

IT has been a minute but I have been busy testing out some stuff. This is for my Civic hatch but I figured I would post on here because now it is boosted. I have been running a Fbb2 non-vtec turbo with custom exhaust manifold. I do not have any pictures right now but I will put some up soon.

This is the second F22b, the first one had cylinder #4 let go lol. Timing is very important on these F series apparently haha. I had my N/A tune running boost && that was not a good combo haha oh well. It is all just fun & experimenting for me especially since this is my first boost application.

New setup I have been just breaking in the new clutch. I just recently got into boost. 4-5lb spring with a turbosmart manual boost controller. It creeps up to almost 7lbs. I have backed the timing all the way down to about 13 degrees under 6lbs. I am not sure why but nobody likes to reveal what they like to run timing at but, yes I know it all depends on each motor itself but hey I would assume there is a average timing degree F22s like under boost, oh well.

This is a real conservative tune compare to the mistake of running 25degrees at 7lbs on the other F22b single cam I had before. I also installed bisimoto springs by hand on the floor of my garage floor & beat the hell out of it on N/A for about two years. Oh well, live & learn.

Here is a link to my hondata tune on their forum which has my tune & some pull datalogs.:

https://www.hondata.com/forum/viewto...118757#p118757
    Keep Pushing..

Ring lands in F series engines frequently give out under boost. I’ve seen the most carefully tuned engines blow due to that. I wouldn’t ever boost a stock block f22 without expecting it to blow up.

if you want to get your timing dialed in, just do some real-world data logging and make minor adjustments as you go. As long as you don’t deviate drastically from your current tune, you shouldn’t blow it up.

Comment

I can't seem to find my old datalogs, except the one that I did my first pull on COP which i had a lot of blow out over 10 psi. But at 5.3 psi im at 19* and at 7.9 psi im at 17* so I can deduce 6 is probably 18* On E-85 im running 21* at 6 psi
      ~Nick~
      FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
      MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Thank you guys! Sorry for the delay.

Thnk you for giving out your timing under boost numbers! I appreciate that.

I imagine the new engine isn't gonna last forever but hopefully longer than the previous lol. I still have yet to pull apart the old engine because I don't have a garage at the new house I bought so there is minimal room to work.

So at this point I believe I have had the new engine setup for a little while & I have been doing some pulls. Feels solid, no smoke or anything during a pull.

I finally installed a Walboro 255 & RC 750s freshly tested & cleaned from Fuel Injector Clinic.

I am still only making around 6-7lbs with a 10.8-11.0 AFR I have not turned up the boost yet. I am beyond conservative & running around 13-14° around 6-7lbs. There is only one gas station aeound me with E85 so I just pulled a lot of timing. It pulls really hard & I have yet to give it full throttle.
        Keep Pushing..

Comment

Finally took apart the blown up smokey F22b..

Lol I will wait to put the pictures up when I get some time but every post about how weak the stock ringlands are is 10000% correct.

#4 completely broke the middle ringland part where the second ring lays.

All 4 pistons had cracking right where the ring gaps ended..I feel like that stock ring gap really was the main failure point for this engine.

Also, like a dumb dumb, I had way way too much timing in the map with pump 93 octane.

Another note, I am currently running another JDM F22B & now being on E85 I have made way over 30 pulls (still only 6psi) but it is still running great so far. I am building the EVO Stroker Piston H22 rod combo to put back into the old block so when it is all together I am going to turn the current stock block setup up a few psi.
          Keep Pushing..

Comment

Working...
          X