Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

2ND thoughts.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2ND thoughts.....

Im really having second thoughts on turboing my car. I have 187,000 miles on a stock F22. do you think it will hold up past 200K on 6PSI? The bad thing about this is, I have already bought my manifold, turbo, wastegate, and intercooler.

The sig name is new from a local forum. sorry to confuse anyone.
    My Member's Ride Page
    The Accords gone but I will forever belong to CB7Tuner

yes
    Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

werd..
      i have 297,000 miles on mine (i know, its not turbo'd) and i run that bia hard all the time. never fails me. hondas will last forever, just get a great tune, and you'll do fine.

Comment

Do a compression test.
        That should let you know how good your motor is, right now.

Turbo`ing that bad boy on weak compression or off numbers is not a good sign.

Either way, you could turbo your current motor. It blows up? buy a replacement F22B DOHC. Turbo that. That blows up? get another F22B!
        They are relatively inexpensive motors...

1990 Accord Lx F22a1(Daily) SOLD - will be missed
        1990 Prelude Si B21a1 (Fun car!)

Comment

are you burning any oil? ever done an emissions test?

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
          "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
          "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

If everything is maintained well boosting the motor should be fine. Get a compression check as mentioned that will tell you more than enough info.

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            I piss off people for fun.
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

I dont think the rings will hold
              h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

FS: 1 Piece JDM Headlghts blackhoused

My Members Ride !
              New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

i am in the exact situation you are in 2 weeks ago. i ended up selling all my turbo stuff so i could buy a bike instead. dont worry the bikes a honda

Comment

Thank you all, I am seeing that most of you think that it will be ok, but to be on the safe side ill take your advise and hopefully do a compression check this weekend "my brother has the compression checker" I was going to do one like a couple weeks ago, but my spark plug wire on cylinder 4 is messed up. You can pull off the boot, but it just slides up the wire and, the wire stays connected. Do you think I should just pull the wire? Im only asking because I dont really feel like buying new plug wires when I have like no money.

The sig name is new from a local forum. sorry to confuse anyone.
                  My Member's Ride Page
                  The Accords gone but I will forever belong to CB7Tuner

Comment

If you have "no" money wait till you do have some, then go turbo! New plugs and wires are MAINTANENCE! if you cant do that you arent ready for turbo!

WaC!

Comment

yea i agree

Comment

if your interested i still have my old plug wires laying around somewhere. if u pay shipping ill send em to ya. theyre in better shape then yours from what u described

Comment

Working...
                        X