Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Anyone still boosting the F22?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone still boosting the F22?

Hey guys,

Anyone still having fun boosting the F22s?

I have been running my setup for about one year now.

F22b SOHC Non-V Stock from valve cover to oil pan
    Custom exhaust manifold utilizing an aftermarket header
    T04E T3/T4 .57 A/R 57
    Cheap Ebay Wastegate 10lb spring (creeps heavy in cooler weather)
    Manual Boost Controller
    750cc RCs
    255 Walboro

Recently I have been around 13lbs. Not sure of the HP because I street tune myself.

What do you think it is making for power?

Click image for larger version

Name:	13.2lbs.PNG
Views:	255
Size:	11.6 KB
ID:	4982338

Name:	Hatch Turbski.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	4982339
    Keep Pushing..

Grumpy comes to mind….
    http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

Prob 350HP min with the duty cycle and injector size on 13Ppsi. Adjust your min/max TPS in SManager too for your TPS going over 100%.

Comment

Wow you think 350?

I was trying to do the math using an Injector calculator & I was thinking maybe 300?

Lol i'll take the gracious 350 estimate. Sounds better haha.

Yeah I was messing with the TPS sensor to calibrate it better. I have done it a few times but
        not sure why it keeps going over 100%. I'll deff have to adjust again soon.

Here is another datalog I pulled last night. Very good temperature outside about, 74 Degrees & lower humidity.
        Still very bad boost creep. I think this cheap Ebay wastegate has ran it's course lol. Deff need to upgrade.
        I did get out of it at the end of the pull because I have never ran this much boost yet so the map was getting close to "11.7-8 AFRs".

This pull was insane though, felt so good. Did not even floor it. Man these F22s are so underestimated.

& for anyone who wants to know, this was a JDM low mileage F22b & it has been in the car for about 1 year beaten on everytime I took it out
        which is only on weekends. But, I do drive it to get groceries & the highway/cruising I usually take over an hour drive everytime we take it out, probably even longer. So this setup proves
        you can boost you F22 STOCK & still get some normal drivability from it.

Name:	14.8lbs.PNG
Views:	231
Size:	8.3 KB
ID:	4982353
        Keep Pushing..

Comment

I’m still running mine. I would say probably closer to the 300 range vs the 350. I made 330 at 14psi. But I am also on a very conservative tune.
          ~Nick~
          FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
          MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Awesome! I remember looking at your build a little while back.

What piston rod setup are you running?

What timing is in your map? I am running around 11-12° so I would say mine is pretty conservative as well.

The past weekend it was a little cooler than usual. Cheap ebay wastegate is killing me with the boost creep. I hit my boost cut of 16 lol.

Then on Sunday it was ridiculously hot. Went to a local car meet me buddy hosts & on the way back it took a second to spool up. Only hit about 12psi. The heat really sucks with a turbo lol.
            Keep Pushing..

Comment

for rods I went with Bisimoto h beam when he was trustworthy, and timing I'll have to look at my datalogs because I can't remember off the top of my head. Ya I wouldn't trust ebay wastegates. That and a bov are 2 things I think you cant really go cheap on for those exact reasons you stated. At a minimum I would swap out the internals.
              ~Nick~
              FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13

Comment

Nice, was that stock bore? What gap did you run both top & bottom rings?

I built a block a few months ago with the 85mm Evo pistons with H22 H beam Eagle rods. I did .021 top ring & .024 bottom ring gap.

I just wanna see how far I can push the stock engine. It's really really healthy & hasn't given me a single issue. I'm? Just gonna build this block the exact same as I mentioned when this one blows. That E85 is a savior compared to pump 93.

Yeah I don't trust the wastegate I am running. I need to find someone selling a used name brand. Really don't feel like spending a ton.

What size spring are you running in your BOV? I think mine is like 15lbs lol. When I had it together at first the BOV would open at idle with a smaller size spring. The 15lbs was all I had at the time. It works though, never had an issue.
                Keep Pushing..

Comment

Here is a link to my YouTube. This pull was like 9-10psi 2nd & 3rd gear.

The glass ringlands in the F22B ripping hard lol. & This was a low boost pull. I don't really like taking these videos after I wrecked my Civic Sedan. I wait until like 2AM to ever do these pulls. In "another country" obviously not the U.S. lol.
                  video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload
                  Keep Pushing..

Comment

So it was stock bore, as for gap sizes I honestly don't know as I had the bottom end built, since at the time I didn't have the tools or space to build it. for my wastegate I am running 12lbs or a black and blue spring, as that was the lowest amount of boost I wanted to run. The BOV is suppose to be open at idle and closes under load. I can't remember what spring pressure I have in the BOV.
                    ~Nick~

Comment

Working...
                    X