Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

ECU Read Boost?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ECU Read Boost?

I have a quick question since I am close to having all of my parts and installing my turbo kit. Well I can get hold of a Safc for very cheap from my friend, and since im low on money I cant afford a chipped ECU YET! Anyways, if I were to use the stock ECU and the Safc, would the ECU go nuts when it read boost or what? If so, what is a CHEAP alternative to fix this problem

Thanks

The sig name is new from a local forum. sorry to confuse anyone.
    My Member's Ride Page
    The Accords gone but I will forever belong to CB7Tuner

Originally posted by Hondavtec4208
    I have a quick question since I am close to having all of my parts and installing my turbo kit. Well I can get hold of a Safc for very cheap from my friend, and since im low on money I cant afford a chipped ECU YET! Anyways, if I were to use the stock ECU and the Safc, would the ECU go nuts when it read boost or what? If so, what is a CHEAP alternative to fix this problem

Thanks
    If you run an AFC i think it needs to see boost to work.

If you cant afford $140 for a chipped ECU, just keep the parts off and save. or else your going to be spending $500+ for a new motor. dont be stupid

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Im not here to be an ass and tell people that there wrong so just so you know that is not what I am doing. But the ecu and the Safc do not need to read boost in order to work, that is why it is harder to tune with them. but i still have the question of what the ecu will do when it reads boost?

My Member's Ride Page

Comment

Originally posted by Hondavtec4208
        Im not here to be an ass and tell people that there wrong so just so you know that is not what I am doing. But the ecu and the Safc do not need to read boost in order to work, that is why it is harder to tune with them. but i still have the question of what the ecu will do when it reads boost?
        well since you fucking know everything. answer your own question. i already told you the ECU needs to see the boost for an AFC to work. the ECU wont do anything when it sees anything below 10psi because it doesnt actaully see it due to the AFC conpensating the voltage..
        Last edited by Accord R33; 06-04-2006, 03:21 PM.

Comment

well then great cause im only going to run 6psi

My Member's Ride Page

Comment

i thought you needed check valves for the afc hack. just get a nitrous kit and save you some time and money. 6 psi out of what turbo? you know cfm's matter too
            Turbo f22a/f22b vtec

Comment

Originally posted by kccb7
              i thought you needed check valves for the afc hack. just get a nitrous kit and save you some time and money. 6 psi out of what turbo? you know cfm's matter too
              No, you need a check valve with an FMU, not an AFC.

I personally think your wasting your money on an AFC, i dont care how cheap you get it. But do what you want...why listen to the people who have been through all this before

Comment

i think the same as r33 and you should listen to ppl with boosted cars that havent gone boom! means they did things right. anEwaYs i thought you had to have a missing link for you stock ecu to read boost something about the sensor will not understand it and go dee dee dee. i could be wrong but i did mine the right way. seriously if you dont 150 for the ecu then you dont have the $$$ to be boosted. it will blow up promise.

Comment

The cheapest, safest, and most effective way is a chipped ECU. You can go the piggyback route but like everyone here is saying, it's not as safe. I don't know of one piggyback that is as accurate under all conditions as a modified ECU which is one reason motors go boom with piggybacks. You can slap a crap turbo with acrap setup and it will be fine if the engine tuning is good, but without good engine tuning you're asking for problems. It's the one area you don't cheap out on!

My Accord History:
                  91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

Comment

i gotta agree on this one....sell the AFC for a chipped ECU

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                    11.68 @ 127mph
                    417whp/375wtq
                    Sold: 8/2016

Comment

aren't chipped ECU cheaper than an AFC (a good one) N Eway

Comment

Working...
                      X