Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Fitting an Innercooler...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fitting an Innercooler...

Does anyone on here have a turbo setup on their CB7 with a stock bumper? I'm getting close to boosting my car and i can't see how an innercooler would fit without cutting out the entire front and having the IC sticking out 10 feet.

Pictures would be helpful along with suggestions?

ive got a 90-91 bumper thats been modded a little with a jonny race car IC... custom brakets are a definate. theres not much room at all behind mine, but thats due to the fact of how long it is. a shorter, but taller one would fit better, since you could cut a peice out of the bumper support to accomidate the hight, and no one would ever know.

instagram @mikeymeyagi

Comment

his fitting looks ridiculously good ^^^

Mine, yeah I didn't really care, i just hacked away and stuck it in, I need to get it further back but the tranny lines are in the way. I also had to relocate the ps cooler lines. Custom brackets are a must
      Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

we did some hacking to make mine fit but i dont have a stock bumper here are so fitment pics

Comment

oh yea, i didnt mention before, i threw those PS cooler lines away, which frees up alot of room. just connect the two lines together with a peice of hose, and everything will work fine.

instagram @mikeymeyagi

Comment

I had to do a lot of cutting to get mine to fit, including cutting the bumper itself... Mines a 3.5" thick core...
            12.5 at 114.6mph 15psi
            11.7 and 11.5 20.5psi
            F22a1
            60-1 td06h turbo
            Darton mid sleeves
            85.5 wiseco 8.8:1 forged pistons
            Crower pro billet rods
            Custom ported head.
            KMS valves
            F23 headgasket
            ARP H23 headstuds
            H23 upper intake manifold
            F22a6 lower intake manifold
            Intake manifold is gutted
            AEM EMS 1040u
            FIC 850cc injectors
            Walbro 255 pump
            H23 manual trans
            Prelude shifter assembly
            Forbidden short throw
            Nitrous Express Kit installed, never used on this motor

Comment

o-t, but lowdollar all your sig stuff is really funny

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
              "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
              "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

so those two thick lines in frount of the radiator in the air damb is the p/s cooler?
                i was gana mount my ic in front of that some how...

but are u saying u dont need it?....I can just connet the two lines that feed to that together w/o the cooler? or am i reading it wrong

Old Ride-New Ride

Comment

i had to hack the bottom of the bumper for the cold side, cut about 70% of the bumper reinforcement. and relocated the p/s lines into the radiator

Comment

Accord SIR has a nice setup.
                    600HP" 1990 ACCORD LX COUPE COMING SOON

CLICK HERE TO VIEW MY 1990 CB7

Comment

no you dont need the P/S cooler... people remove the cooler and loop the lines together without problems, but if youre concerned, oneoffaccord had a nifty idea... loop the p/s lines into the bottom of the radiator, the part for auto tranny fluid, and use that for cooling

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                      Current cars:
                      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]
                        no you dont need the P/S cooler... people remove the cooler and loop the lines together without problems, but if youre concerned, oneoffaccord had a nifty idea... loop the p/s lines into the bottom of the radiator, the part for auto tranny fluid, and use that for cooling
                        Im guessing if you were to run the P/S lines to the bottom of the rad. you would have to get a seperate cooler for the trans?
                        92 DA9 // 93 D21 4x4 // 92 CB7

Comment

^^ only if you have an auto trans
                          the p/s cooler lines are optional....think about how much steering you would have to do to make the fluid hot enough to need a cooler.

instagram @mikeymeyagi

Comment

Or you can ditch P/S completely. I was focused on how to get an intercooler to fit on a cb with OEM fogs. I considering using a longer bolt for the bumper bracket. The two bolts that hold the bumper down at the top that are held on by nuts. I was planning on somehow extending it so the bumper would stick out more, but it just looks retarted lol.

Comment

thats gonna be a mad tight fit bro

instagram @mikeymeyagi

Comment

Working...
                              X