Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Fuel Injectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel Injectors

My brother has some 550CC injectors from his RSX that he is willing to give me. Will these fit as easy as the DSM injectors do?
    Thanks,
    Jordan

The sig name is new from a local forum. sorry to confuse anyone.
    My Member's Ride Page
    The Accords gone but I will forever belong to CB7Tuner

I dont think so, obd2 injectors work differently than obd1 injectors

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

OOOO so that does matter? hmm.. well thanks

My Member's Ride Page

Comment

yea, it matters, obdII are virtually untunable

Comment

Originally posted by 90boostdaccord
          yea, it matters, obdII are virtually untunable

Back this up with some kind of fact if possible.

OBD2 injectors are saturated as opposed to the OBD1 peak and hold injectors. All that means is that they have different methods of doing the same job. OBD2 injectors will not work with an OBD1 setup because the OBD2 injectors do not use a resistor box.

To answer the original question, the RSX injectors are usable. Not ideal tho. You would need to do some rewiring, including the emision of the resistor box. On top of that, you would need a ECU capable of controlling this, Your best bet would be a Haltech unit which offers that kind of versitility.
          Last edited by KillerCam282; 06-09-2006, 11:31 PM.

Comment

I think ill just buy some DSM 450's Thanks for the feedback though

My Member's Ride Page

Comment

Originally posted by Hondavtec4208
              I think ill just buy some DSM 450's Thanks for the feedback though
              OBDI blue tops would be the smarter solution.

Comment

Originally posted by AcclipseH23
                Back this up with some kind of fact if possible.
                without a high dollar EMS it is virtually impossible to tune them. i assumed that he would be using Crome or Uberdata for EMS and there simply isn't and OBDII settings available yet (at least to my knowledge). if that's incorrect, then you my friend have caught me with my foot in my mouth.

besides, its way easier with some DSM 450's anyways

Comment

take the rsx injectors anyway and sell them to make the money for your DSM's

Comment

i don't understand please explain why u would have to have a diff. ems to control them the only difference is the resistance going to the injectors and a obd1 car can be converted to obd2 by simply by-passing the resistor box from my understanding and chiped ecus read both types of injectors hence thats why obd2 and obd1 cars both run on obd1 chiped ecus? so it can be done with chiped ecus and not a expensive ems right? plus on obd2 cars the chiped ecus and high impedance injectors tune just fine why wouldn't they on ours if converted? at least as far as i researched to convert are cars to obd2 injectors all u do is connect all the injecotrs wires that go to the resistor box to the power wire comming off of the resistor box which can be done with out cutting the harnes and making a few wires to jump the connection clip on the box. hard to explain but very simple if this is true from what i have read.
                    Last edited by Backfire32; 06-11-2006, 01:11 PM.

Comment

you cannot run an obd2 car on an obd1 ecu unless you have the conversion harness. they may be the same types of injectors, i.e. saturated or peak-and-hold. there is no freeware EMS that you are able to run an obd2 ecu with. its almost like your saying you can chip an accord ecu and your car will run mint, and if that's the case, let me get some info on that

Comment

Ok I think you will all be happy now. Just bought these 450's
                        Attached Files

My Member's Ride Page

Comment

Originally posted by 90boostdaccord
                          you cannot run an obd2 car on an obd1 ecu unless you have the conversion harness. they may be the same types of injectors, i.e. saturated or peak-and-hold. there is no freeware EMS that you are able to run an obd2 ecu with. its almost like your saying you can chip an accord ecu and your car will run mint, and if that's the case, let me get some info on that
                          Backfire is implying all that. Same thing I was thinkiing. OBD-type should not matter.

Comment

As mentioned OBD does not matter. Saturated or non basically the difference. There is always a way you can run them. And what backfire said makes more sense.

The New-ish Ride
                            My old Ride
                            Hear my Vtak!!!
                            MK3 Member #3
                            I piss off people for fun.
                            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

well acutally, saturated injectors will work fine on a car with resistors. They will work fine.
                              On a peak hold setup u can use either peak hold or saturated. However on a saturated setup u can only use saturated. Without the resistors peak hold injectors will not work right on a saturated setup.
                              12.5 at 114.6mph 15psi
                              11.7 and 11.5 20.5psi
                              F22a1
                              60-1 td06h turbo
                              Darton mid sleeves
                              85.5 wiseco 8.8:1 forged pistons
                              Crower pro billet rods
                              Custom ported head.
                              KMS valves
                              F23 headgasket
                              ARP H23 headstuds
                              H23 upper intake manifold
                              F22a6 lower intake manifold
                              Intake manifold is gutted
                              AEM EMS 1040u
                              FIC 850cc injectors
                              Walbro 255 pump
                              H23 manual trans
                              Prelude shifter assembly
                              Forbidden short throw
                              Nitrous Express Kit installed, never used on this motor

Comment

Working...
                              X