Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Supercharged H23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Supercharged H23

Im planning to supercharge my H23/F22 hybrid.

I've seen the honda-tech thread on the 5th gen accord F22, took a few notes from the pictures and am already hunting out the parts needed.

I'm gonna keep logs of my progress sofar I'm just sketching designs out for how to make this work out correctly in my CB7.

First up I've already picked what supercharger I'll be using for this, its just getting one. I'll be going with one from GM.

Any constructive suggestions and comments are welcome. I don't care if you think turbo is better, thats not the point here on my thread I know the whole supercharger vs turbo debate delt with it for years.
    Hi, I'm Shippo and I have a problem. I keep buying CB7's.

sweet. go for it
    1993 CB7
    2001 BB6

Comment

DO IT! keep us updated.

Comment

my biggest issue is room, and the belt but thats not hard to deal with.

Comment

Originally posted by Shippo
          my biggest issue is room, and the belt but thats not hard to deal with.

beat the fuck out of the firewall lol

H23?

Comment

Originally posted by CB7Tuner915
            beat the fuck out of the firewall lol

Nah, I'm gonna toy with having the supercharger come through the hood. I just use a stock hood thats been lightened so cutting holes in it wont hurt.

Comment

Do you have pics of the components that you willl be using?

Comment

not yet haven't bought any of them yet.

I'm totaling cost and I it will run me alittle less then the DSM turbo setup, but take more work.

Comment

Originally posted by Shippo
                  not yet haven't bought any of them yet.

I'm totaling cost and I it will run me alittle less then the DSM turbo setup, but take more work.
                  I am not sure it should cost less. However, like you know it will be much more involved. Unfortunately with S/C's look toward a VAFC for fuel management. You would think a chipped ECU would do it, but I remember from the Hondata manual that its will richen out while off boost.

P.S: Hey, you better not make this like the typical thread of "I am going to attempt to do something, but not do it".

Edit: Now that I think of it, this much easier than I thought! Its possible to use any roots/screw supercharger by making an adaptor plate that will mount the supercharger to the lower half of the plenum. Now, I am uncertain if roots/screw S/C's are oil cooled, or if they just have wet bearings...
                  Last edited by KillerCam282; 06-24-2006, 08:48 PM.

Comment

Use a supercharger from a benz. Its clutch activated so you can turn it on at anytime. Kinda like permanent nos.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

if its just a little bit more clearance you need on the hood, maybe you could do that washer thing with the back hinges or something...

I know I've seen folks on here with it on their CB7's.... it just raises the back part of the hood up an inch or so.

Comment

its nice to see something different..i'll be watching to see how this plays out..
                        Good Luck with the project
                        -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
                        -1993 Accord EX SOLD
                        -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
                        -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

a few good ideas amung here already this is what I was hoping for when I get a supercharger I'll do the messurements, also I'll proably start selling prebuilt intake adapters setup for supercharing..

I hope to help someone do a twincharger setup cause I know if I get the setup down for a supercharger somone *has* to do it.

Comment

Better yet, with an adaptor plate you can keep the Master brake cylinder in its place and have good belt placement. Shit, if I like superchargers, I would have done this already.
                            Last edited by KillerCam282; 06-25-2006, 04:36 PM.

Comment

a year or two ago, i saw an f22 on ebay that had a roots type supercharger on it. it was an f22a motor from japan that was posted on ebay.

the supercharger was mounted on the front side of the motor, infront of the valve cover, right above the exhaust manifold. the charge pipe exited the s/c on the passenger side. it had a U-bend sort of pipe that connected it to the throttle body.

therefore, i say it's possible.

so HURRY UP and DO IT!!! =)

Comment

Working...
                              X