Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Need to grind the block...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need to grind the block...

Well, i had my turbo setup for 2-3 week... on my f22a6.

My setup was a 1st gen dsm manifold with a t3 adapter plate running a .60/.63 turbo.

I had to grind the block so much (i made 2 hole, i could see the flywheel but i patched it with jbweld, i had no more engine code and no more frount mount thread)... but now i'm going to swap a f22b dohc but i dont want to grind as much as i did on my other engine. I know i'll need to grind put i dont feel like grinding everything.

what i'm asking is there any aftermarket dsm manifold that will put the turbo a little bit farther or angled differently? what about the ssautoshit one? will it put the turbo farther than a oem dsm mani? And since its already t3 flange... it would put the turbo a little more higher?

when i look in these pic, i feel there is a difference.

oem dsm 1st gen

aftermarket dsm

Clock the turbo.
    Off topic: When does your turbo begin to spool?

Comment

Originally posted by 90EX
      Clock the turbo.
      Off topic: When does your turbo begin to spool?
      when i clock it its worst... it's already clock for the best fitment but still... too big

turbo begins to spool at 2300rpm and get full boost at 3000~3100 up to 6500
      Last edited by labatt50; 06-27-2006, 03:09 AM.

Comment

ssauto is good the 2nd pic is backfire32(Tim) he can tell you about that mani and he is still using it, go with it! But you will have to make a new ac line.
        99 GS300 (Aristo) 2JZ Power

Bought from:gdout, bb6-sh

Comment

Originally posted by Bboy_Trevstuh
          ssauto is good the 2nd pic is backfire32(Tim) he can tell you about that mani and he is still using it, go with it! But you will have to make a new ac line.
          A/C is already out since the second i owned the car

cool, i will msg him... if he could get some measurement...

Comment

with my 60 trim t3 i had to grind out the first bolt bracket back about 1/2 inch and the lower one i had to grind the top of the lower hole a little bit down and then it cleared eveything.more then enough clearnes to not grind into the block for sure with this manifold. and a much larger turbo will fit if u grind just the webbing and two front mount inner mount holes out i have found out. for my next snail soon to be replacing the 60 Only issue with fitment i encountered with this manifold is the one ac line that goes from the compressor to the upper hard line like trevor said but not a issue if u have no ac. and this ssautoshit has been holding up for well over a year now with heat wrap.

Comment

o ya but the wastegate flange will either need a adapter to relocate it or u can simply cut it off and weld it at a slighter angle b/c it the way it comes puts it slightly against the alternator. this can be altered eaisly to make it work even if u can't do it urself it can be done cheaply.

Comment

the first pic is my motor: with the stock dsm manifold and an adaptor plate, i can see with you need to modify the block more...however, with backfire's pic, his manifold is a aftermarket dsm already flanged for a t3, which offsets the turbo.

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                11.68 @ 127mph
                417whp/375wtq
                Sold: 8/2016

Comment

amazing, i was scare to grind the block that far again so i think i'll opt for the ssautoshit. anyway, for the price they are on ebay, i think it worth the try. if i don't like it, i will sell it more than i pay on a local forum (damn ricer newbs!)...

Comment

have you thought of a thick exhaust manifold gasket? Not sure if it'd be enough tho, could possibly save you almost a 1/2" tho.
                    Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Originally posted by MRX
                      have you thought of a thick exhaust manifold gasket? Not sure if it'd be enough tho, could possibly save you almost a 1/2" tho.
                      i was already running 2 exhaust manifold gasket

both were for the f22a but there were attached differently so i didn't have to modify them.

one was a oem honda and the other was a cheap napa...

Comment

those are thin, i'm talking about a THICK ass one. Probably wouldn't save enough room tho.
                        Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

i have never seen a thick exhaust manifold gasket... i bet you have to change oem stud to extra long stud

Comment

Grinding my block is an understatement. My turbo is a 60-1 compressor on a TD06h turbine, in a dsm turbine housing, and a T04E compressor housing. I had to grind damn near the entire front engine mount upper bolt holes off. The one closer the the drivers side is gone, the one on the passanger side had to be removed about 1/2" to clear the compressors 3" inlet, and the bottom one had to be choped down. After all this i still had to remove even more metal off the block cause the compressor housing was contacting it...
                            12.5 at 114.6mph 15psi
                            11.7 and 11.5 20.5psi
                            F22a1
                            60-1 td06h turbo
                            Darton mid sleeves
                            85.5 wiseco 8.8:1 forged pistons
                            Crower pro billet rods
                            Custom ported head.
                            KMS valves
                            F23 headgasket
                            ARP H23 headstuds
                            H23 upper intake manifold
                            F22a6 lower intake manifold
                            Intake manifold is gutted
                            AEM EMS 1040u
                            FIC 850cc injectors
                            Walbro 255 pump
                            H23 manual trans
                            Prelude shifter assembly
                            Forbidden short throw
                            Nitrous Express Kit installed, never used on this motor

Comment

Working...
                            X