Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

obx manifold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

obx manifold

Has anyone had any experience w/ obx turbo manifolds? The ramhorn design in particular?

Just b/c U post more doesn't mean U know more!

the welds don't hold as long as most, but they're not bad for the price......
    ....and on the 7th day, deevergote rested and called his mom.

Comment

theyre good. obx has some strong products, i know of several people who have been using them for a while without any problems.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
        theyre good. obx has some strong products, i know of several people who have been using them for a while without any problems.
        that was what i was thinkin 275$ for a ramhorn mani?!?!?! That's not a bad price at all might have to go w/ that one!

Comment

lol I dont know about the new f22a ones but mine was 450 bux on ebay. For dsm, and it is one of the best manifolds I have ever seen.

Comment

My friend has been using it on his eclipse for almost 2 years now. No leaks or anything. A word of advice, ditch the crappy gaskets for some OEM's. On the WG flange you can use the crap, but i would use some high temp sealant. Otherwise it can leak after a while. The material that the gaskets are made of do deform over time.

Comment

theres 2 types on ebay, the cheaper one is obviously made of a poorer quality metal. I researched the 2 different obx manifolds for about a month, finally ordered one, and they were outta stock. aint that some bs
              Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Originally posted by 92ex
                theres 2 types on ebay, the cheaper one is obviously made of a poorer quality metal. I researched the 2 different obx manifolds for about a month, finally ordered one, and they were outta stock. aint that some bs
                Now this is interesting in its own right. Explain.

Comment

Not sure what I'm explaining.
                  http://cgi.ebay.com/OBX-Turbo-Manifo...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OBX-S...spagenameZWDVW

the first one is made of a cheaper, less durable metal that doesn't resist heat as well as the second one. The second one is made of aircraft steel that's used on aircrafts exhausts. the second one is gonna hold up to any temps you throw at it. It's also $105 more dollars
                  Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

i think it would be hard to tell the diffrence between the two especially since the first doesn't have that good of a description. If you look at the other ram horn mani for other cars they're a lot cheaper. I think the price diff has to do w/ the fact they prob don't sell very many f series manis. Just a thought though. 92ex do u know of any websites that actually show the comparison between the two?

On top of that is doesn't actually say it's a ram horn design! The pic isn't working and it doesn't say at all what type it is!?
                    Last edited by porc933; 08-01-2006, 12:40 PM. Reason: left something out

Comment

its kinda ramhorn. not completely, but for about 100 bucks more than a log, I'm getting the obx. The difference is in the metal, read the descriptions and notice 2 different gauges of steel are used. My dad was an aircraft engineer so thats how I figured out the steels differences. The fact that one is for the h23 and one is for the f22 is irrelevant, there interchangeable anyways. I don't know why the pic isn't working, but it looks almost identical to the cheapers one.
                      Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

this is what i found on the diff between the two
                        Better resistance to temperatures of around 600-900°C is needed…321 has higher hot strength.

Typical applications include:
                        Aircraft exhaust manifolds
                        Expansion joints
                        Bellows
                        Furnace parts
                        Heating element tubing

Comment

Originally posted by 92ex
                          Not sure what I'm explaining.
                          http://cgi.ebay.com/OBX-Turbo-Manifo...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OBX-S...spagenameZWDVW

the first one is made of a cheaper, less durable metal that doesn't resist heat as well as the second one. The second one is made of aircraft steel that's used on aircrafts exhausts. the second one is gonna hold up to any temps you throw at it. It's also $105 more dollars
                          Lmao, I bought mine without paying much attention. Good thing the only one that was available was the expensive one!

Comment

yeah. 321 is a much better aircraft steel.

yeah i couldn't figure out why one was more expensive, and that bothered me so i spent the time to learn. i was wondering which one you had, but didn't yours crack?
                            Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Good research I like the look of the ram horn to It looks like you mean bussiness I was wondering if you have to remove you ac lines for the ram horn. thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X