Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Turbo life/Engine Life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turbo life/Engine Life

Depending on how much boost u are running, how long did your turbo last before you needed a rebuild, and how about your engine... or if ur car has not failed yet, when do u think one of these things will happen???
    Yeah, Preludes

Originally posted by deevergote.
    Why can't people just search OT to see if someone else posted the same random thread?

this is a good question i also want to know this since im gonna be boosting later on in the future

hey Kmart are you plannign on going turbo???
    ________
    HONDA SH125
    Last edited by Davids92Accord; 04-09-2011, 03:26 AM.

CLICK ON SIG FOR MEMBERS RIDE
    "2SIIC"
    Authentic Jerseys for sale
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=188314

Comment

w/ good compression, maintenance , and knowledge, u can run at 8 psi for years...and if you buy a turbo in good condition that will last just as long

search

Old Ride-New Ride

Comment

It depends on how you drive if you beat on the motor how qucik you are on maitnenance when its time for shit you gotta be ahead of time. And catching little things like tuning problems and you should be able to run it decently oh and the miles thats a very strong aspect on it too on who last drove it .

Comment

over a year now on mine, dohc f22b with 14b @ 8psi. Turbo was in good shape when I got it, doubt its ever been rebuilt. Setup will run for another 6-8 months easily
          Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

eh well engine lasted me about 15k miles before i spun a rod bearing
            -10 PSI on a Big EvoIII 16g
            h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

FS: 1 Piece JDM Headlghts blackhoused

My Members Ride !
            New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

My h23 has almost 180k miles on it and takes 8lbs all the time, and has been for nearly 3 years now and maybe 12k miles. I beat the shit out of it at the track (Close to 80 passes this year alone) and it's still going strong. I do all maintenence on time (Usually early) and make sure to always let the car warm up before I go anywhere. All of my parts were brand new when I assembled the turbo kit so the turbo and everything should be good to go for a long time.

I compression test my motor usually once every two months or so or after a big weekend of races.

I'm hoping to get another full year out of my motor while I build another motor. I'd love to get 200k miles on this motor and have it running 12's

L8r
              Turbo H23a3 build has begun
              01-01-2019

Comment

do any of you guys know what this turbo is????
                cause they told me that it came off a subaru wrx
                and i have tried searching but i couldnt find anything on to see whats the biggest turbo we can put on in a F22b DOHC
                ________
                Colorado Marijuana Dispensary
                Last edited by Davids92Accord; 04-09-2011, 03:29 AM.

"2SIIC"

Comment

Bump Bump
                  ________
                  Uggs
                  Last edited by Davids92Accord; 04-09-2011, 03:29 AM.

"2SIIC"

Comment

Working...
                  X