Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Phempa's turbo build (HELP PLEASE!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

listen mahle pistons,eagle rods,honda bearings. done

Comment

Originally posted by 92ex
      that was primocb7 with the na>boost.
      yea...thats who i mixed him up w/

they both start w/ a P hah

Old Ride-New Ride

Comment

technically, you can have a boosted high compression engine running ie. 5psi having the same power as a lower compression engine running ie 9 psi. different turbos will yield different power from different psi, a t3 60 boosted at 5psi will have different numbers than a t3/t4 boosted at 5psi.

there are other ways to lower a compression then to get lower compression pistons (which can be costly) ie change of headgasket etc

pocky man - is there a specific hp your aiming for? since the almighty H has good torque numbers i suggest a t3/t4 which is good for daily driving and minimal turbo lag that puts down good numbers. what ems/fms do you plan to use? equal length ram horn or log style manifold? its the little things that adds up that ends up hurting your wallet. but since your a balla now, it shouldn't be a problem for you

Comment

Read this about n/a cams vs turbo cams http://forums.evans-tuning.com/viewtopic.php?t=1623 I have personally seen several cars going with itr/ctr cams instead of crower/skunk2 turbo cams because the turbo cams lose hp top end. Even though they mostly talk about b series engines they mention the h22 in there. Anyone else have experience with n/a cams on a turbo engine?

"Typical turbo cams have high lift, lower duration. This doesnt work well with honda engines. They like to make peak VE at higher rpms, and using a cam like this will ultimately limit the amount of scavenging that occurs in the higher rpm level. With a high lift, low duration turbo cam you'll make alot of midrange gain, but the top end will drop off since the engine wont be able to breath through the reduction in total valve time open (duration). One customer had a set of Crower turbo cams, he lost nearly 40whp at high boost compared to a pair of OEM b16a ones. OEM gsr and itr are really good at making high rpm whp that honda engines are known for.""If you are trying to make alot of peak whp, i.e 8-10k range, the overlap will help scavenging at the higher rpms"
          Retired 1990 Accord LX Coupe
          Project 240SX
          Originally posted by chillin943
          anyone kno if i can just make a hot wire for v-tec off the horn??
          Vouches: Bought from: smseagren83, phatdoughnut, uk - accord, lucid, iamnemo, accord_inspire, 2point6, chopstickz, djcaz_aom, rosko

Comment

bout time you listen to me, n0ob.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Thanks for all the advice, everyone.

I am purchasing a JDM H22 shortblock very soon... only 150 bucks!

Comment

Working...
              X