Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Idle problem with 272 delta cams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Idle problem with 272 delta cams

I just finish installing my 272 delta cams with my turbo f22a1 set up. And as soon as I started the car my idle wont stablelize. It jumps up and down. I can raise my rpm to stablelize it, but it has to be around 2k rpm. The engine has to see atleast 20hg vacum. When it goes lower than that, the computer raise the rpm, that's how it idle up and down. 2k rpm is way too high. I was sitting on traffic this afternoon with my idle up and down between 1.5k and 2.8k rpm and it's the most anoying situation I've ever been, including the fact that I have a louder exhaust.
    What is wrong with this? And how do I fix it? Thanks

You just installed a 272 and did no tuning? You really have to tune those bitches to get them to even idle. Good luck.
    Gary A.K.A. Carter
    [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Originally posted by The G-Man
      You just installed a 272 and did no tuning? You really have to tune those bitches to get them to even idle. Good luck.

Ofcourse I did, Ive been retuning my ecu for the whole day now. I already adjusted the fuel and ignition curve high and low and still couldnt' get it to stagblelize. And like what I said the only way is to keep the vacum in 20hg, wich is 2k rpm.
      So if theres anybody can help me or give me more ideas, please do. Thanks

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...1&page=3&pp=20

second post by hemlockz

ILBB
        People I have dealt with in this board- Smseagren83,d112crzy, Idrivealude, aznpnoyracer, wed3k, dinertime, HF22T, MRX, Dc2lewd, yeamans17, bruno8747, tn_accords, king james, starchland, yardiexd40

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
        The world needs to be reset.

Comment

I had this problem with my delta turbo cam, dude i unplugged this vacuum line and bam, idles perfectly !
          h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

FS: 1 Piece JDM Headlghts blackhoused

My Members Ride !
          New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

Originally posted by prodigymb
            I had this problem with my delta turbo cam, dude i unplugged this vacuum line and bam, idles perfectly !

I cant do that, I'm running turbo on my car. It will leak on boost. But I will try using a one way valve. That should work. Thanks.
            I'll let you know if it work. thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by hurricanedsm
              I cant do that, I'm running turbo on my car. It will leak on boost. But I will try using a one way valve. That should work. Thanks.
              I'll let you know if it work. thanks again
              umm lol i have a turbo car too man you remove that vacuum and you plug it with a vacuum cap sold at any auto parts store. obviously odnt let it hang there hehe. the only way u'll get rid of that bounce is to unplug the air booster valve. what basically happens here is this ....

the delta cam brings teh vacuum down to 20 psihg from 30 psihg it is stock, the air booster valve which is only controlled by a vacuum sees this and dumps more air into the intake and this is when ur rpms go up, then the engine idles out back to a 20 vacuum and a lower rpm. and this will keep happening until u unplug that stupid valve
              h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

My Members Ride !
              New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

umm lol i have a turbo car too man you remove that vacuum and you plug it with a vacuum cap sold at any auto parts store. obviously odnt let it hang there hehe. the only way u'll get rid of that bounce is to unplug the air booster valve. what basically happens here is this ....

the delta cam brings teh vacuum down to 20 psihg from 30 psihg it is stock, the air booster valve which is only controlled by a vacuum sees this and dumps more air into the intake and this is when ur rpms go up, then the engine idles out back to a 20 vacuum and a lower rpm. and this will keep happening until u unplug that stupid valve

I'm sorry, I thought you basically told me to open up any vacum line to enter more air. I didn't really get that you specifically told me to disconnect the fast idle valve.

The funny thing is it has already been bypassed eversince I installed the turbo set up. As a matter of fact the vacum fitting on the throttle body that I disconnect it from is where the BOV connected.

But because of you, I realized something. Maybe the valve is faulty. So I took it off and I made a block off gasket in it and put it all together. And it fixed the problem.

So thanks for you. You've been a big help. Thanks alot.

Comment

ive yet to install my 272 but good info on the cam...

Comment

No problem but thats not the fast idle valve, thats called and Air Booster Valve. Fast idle valve is the one on the front of the intake manifold with 2 coolant lines going into it. But yeh i tried so many things to fix this problem including what you did but i had to disconnect that one vacuum from the air booster valve
                    h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

My Members Ride !
                    New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

No problem but thats not the fast idle valve, thats called and Air Booster Valve. Fast idle valve is the one on the front of the intake manifold with 2 coolant lines going into it. But yeh i tried so many things to fix this problem including what you did but i had to disconnect that one vacuum from the air booster valve
                      Yes that's what I meant. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                      X