Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Turbo drive! and a question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turbo drive! and a question

Just took out my car today FINALLY turbo'd with no exhaust. Only running 6PSI and I am VERY happy with it. Spins alll through 1st "from a 10mph roll" and alot into 2nd UNTUNED with Alright Potenza tires. I am still amazed.

I never thought that 6PSI could feel like so much Ide love to go to 8 but im at 190K so I think ill leave her at 6.

For those of you looking into buying turbo parts DO IT! It is worth every damn penny that you will spend on it, and all of the trouble.

Now all I need is a downpipe.

And a quick question. I never though my car got a reading from the oxygen sensor before the turbo, and now with my datalogging program I dont get a reading on there either, so I know something is wrong. The sensor is new and its pissing me off... I need a wideband anyway, but if you have any suggestions as to what is wrong, then help me out.

Thanks.

The sig name is new from a local forum. sorry to confuse anyone.
    My Member's Ride Page
    The Accords gone but I will forever belong to CB7Tuner

if your o2 sensor didn't work, your car would be barely running. are you sure you have everything wired/connected right for the readings?

and out of curiousity, what turbo do you have?
    Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

so you are boosting untuned? I wonder how long its gona be till the "my engine blew" thread.

and how do you expect to datalog from your stock o2? you need a damn wideband.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Boosting is good untuned boosting is bad. Dont boost while untuned please. I know it may be hard for you not to boost while its untuned but please try

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
          so you are boosting untuned? I wonder how long its gona be till the "my engine blew" thread.

and how do you expect to datalog from your stock o2? you need a damn wideband.
          Hmmm, not too long if he keeps driving around. And the wideband is a must....
          1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

Are you running a chipped ecu with a basemap? I assume thats what you mean by "untuned"...

edit: I really hope you aren't running closed loop, because if you are the ecu is going to try to maintain stoich 14.7:1 af ratio which is a no-no when boosting
            Last edited by blackice; 08-16-2006, 04:27 PM.
            Retired 1990 Accord LX Coupe
            Project 240SX
            Originally posted by chillin943
            anyone kno if i can just make a hot wire for v-tec off the horn??
            Vouches: Bought from: smseagren83, phatdoughnut, uk - accord, lucid, iamnemo, accord_inspire, 2point6, chopstickz, djcaz_aom, rosko

Comment

OK. I am runnin a chipped P75 from MRX. Ive only ran it hard for like 10 runs just close to my house just to make sure everything is good and not leaking. The mixture is rich, Which I can tell by the way it drives which is HELLA lot better then lean I KNOW.

I know its not good to do it untuned, and for those of you turbod, it really is hard not to get on it all the time.

And im not planning on tuning with my narrowband O2, I just wished it worked so I know that I am not running lean. I will get a wideband soon im just outta money for now. I guess all I can really do is take it easy for now

And I am running an IHI RHB5 turbo off of an mx6/probe.

My Member's Ride Page

Comment

Im sorry, but p75? do you mean p72?
                -Mark-
                CB7
                CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
                Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

i dono, ive been confused too, but seriously i looked like 65 times on the ecu and it specificly says p75 and im like wtf? maybe i read wrong i dono.

My Member's Ride Page

Comment

also to "blackice" up top asked if im running closed loop? how could I if my ecu isnt reading the o2?

My Member's Ride Page

Comment

if u have no exhaust, where is the o2 sensor plugged in?

Comment

The turbo has like a 6" long "downpipe" coming off the turbo that is supposed to connect to the actual downpipe of the mx6/probe. and right up top of that is a place to put your oxygen sensor.

My Member's Ride Page

Comment

blackice meant if the box in uberdata for o2 disable is checked.

and its pretty damn hard to tune with your narrow band.

and being rich is not necessarily better than being lean. theres a point where you can also detonate for being to rich.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Detionation from being rich? hmm?

yea well I dont have a chip burner, MRX chipped the ecu "so I dont know if the 02 is disabled?" and im just running off his basemap and im just gonna get a wideband, and tune it with my SAFC, Ill probly just ask him if it is, unless you guys know? or unless he finds this post within the next couple days.

but then again when I was just N/A, the A/F ratio gague never bounced back and fourth like other cars do? I think this is because the ECU never got a reading from the o2, and was running just as if the sensor failed, Because with it unplugged I NEVER got a CEL for not having it, and the car ran just fine without it.

I am almost positive something is wrong with the wiring that is going to the sensor to the ECU, so I think I will just replace it all.

My Member's Ride Page

Comment

Originally posted by ACC0RD22
                              Im sorry, but p75? do you mean p72?
                              P75's can be chipped to run Uber, I have one at home for a backup to my P06 but I was using it for a while just fine
                              1993 Prelude S
                              F22A1
                              custom'ish turbo setup
                              180 whp/217 ft-lbs super hot, super humid, super rich, boost falling off at 8psi
                              18psi boost spike = BOOM!!!!!
                              currently being rebuilt

Comment

Working...
                              X