Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Turbo drive! and a question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Accord R33
    When will people learn that a base map == NOT FUCKING TUNED.

no matter how good midnite is, he will never be able to tune your car without being there with all the tools. Im sure he told you it was a BASEMAP and that you should have it tuned. but you were too fucking cheap and lazy, and this was the end result.

now you say "fuck boost" like this shouldnt have happened. THIS is why so many people are afraid to boost hondas, not because they are weak, but because of all the idiots
    Actually I never said fuck boost I said screw turbos.

Anyways, how come you always have to be an asshole in like 90% of your posts and 100% of your replys to me

Even when I have just asked simple questions in order to learn, you just have to be an asshole.

Everyone makes mistakes so quit rubbing it in..............

"I never made fun of you for hydro-locking your integra's engine, even though its a stupid thing to run a CAI in deep rain...."

but you see i dont talk shit because im better then that.
    Last edited by Hondavtec4208; 08-21-2006, 01:57 PM.

The sig name is new from a local forum. sorry to confuse anyone.
    My Member's Ride Page
    The Accords gone but I will forever belong to CB7Tuner

Comment

Originally posted by Hondavtec4208
      Actually I never said fuck boost I said screw turbos.
      oh, my mistake!

im really NOT an ass hole. im just a realist. I dont like to live in this world of fluffy clouds and unicorns like some of the people here.

"oh sure! go drive your car untuned, you will be fine im sure! good luck! i love you!"

no, fuck that. people need to hear the truth.

as far as my hydrolocking...that was completely unavoidable. I had the car for one week, and it came WITH the intake on it. i had previously been driving a car for the past 2 years who's intake was just under the hood line (turbo?).

but it doesnt matter, because now i have a free Type R motor, so you can make fun of me for driving through a puddle (that wasnt very deep) all you want.
      Last edited by Accord R33; 08-21-2006, 02:00 PM.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

"shit in one hand, wish in the other.

see which fills up first."

you had to see this coming... if youre hitting full boost on an engine that old with no tuning, something is bound to go wrong.... the one thing ive learned this summer is not to jump into boosting dick first...i have a very heavy right foot, but my turbo has been on for weeks and i still havent hit full boost...why? because i know its not tuned and id rather wait till its tuned and have an engine that lasts as opposed to getting trigger happy and having a good, maybe 2 days, of boosting....

look at r33, he had like 200k on his engine, and he ran it for a very long time reliably, at a higher psi.. its all in the tuning... youre engine wont know how to compensate for such drastic changes if you dont tune it to.

but look at it this way, its not all that bad...sure you probably just blew ringlands, it happens. its a relatively cheap fix if you do it yourself, and youll come out of it with alot more knowledge about your car.

and, worst case scenario, part out your turbo kit and buy a decent f22b...im assuming you probably have atleast 500 bucks invested in your turbo setup? theres a decent chunk of your swap fund.... be optimistic man

/ end maury povitz motivational speech
        1993 CB7
        2001 BB6

Comment

Originally posted by Accord R33

but it doesnt matter, because now i have a free Type R motor, so you can make fun of me for driving through a puddle (that wasnt very deep) all you want.
          did you put your new motor in yet?
          1993 CB7
          2001 BB6

Comment

it will be going in over this week. should have it running by mondayish

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Sorry to be so harsh bro...but you can't say nobody told you so

Originally posted by lordoja
              im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Just took out my car today FINALLY turbo'd with no exhaust. Only running 6PSI and I am VERY happy with it. Spins alll through 1st "from a 10mph roll" and alot into 2nd UNTUNED with Alright Potenza tires. I am still amazed.

I never thought that 6PSI could feel like so much Ide love to go to 8 but im at 190K so I think ill leave her at 6.

As a general rule of thumb 1lb of boost is good for about 10HP. It will vary in the real world, but it is a good estimator.

As far as turning up the boost, wait for tuning, but the health of the engine is much more telling than the mileage.

Try a compression and leakdown test to see what you have.

If it is all good, then you shouldn't have any trouble with 8 PSI as long as you have a good tune. That is well within the limits of a healthy F22.

**EDIT** Sorry, guys, apparently I was daydreaming in class... I swore I read the whole thread, but apparently not!

On second thought, don't increase the boost. You will blow your engine.

You should have excercised a little restraint. "Slightly tuned basemap" is as good as "untuned basemap." Not kicking it in the pants all day until you get it tuned is better than swapping a blown engine.

Why would you tune with a S-AFC if you have uberdata? Why not pay to actually have someone tune it correctly?

This project was doomed from the start, a turbo is NOTHING without a good EMS. If you can't afford that, you can't afford the build.

AND STOP MAKING FUN OF UNICORNS! (you know who you are )
                Last edited by owequitit; 08-21-2006, 03:00 PM.
                The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

another one bites the dust....

I'm curious to how many people have had their turbo setups running for over a year no engine problems... I can't think of more then 5...
                  Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

o BTW.......

THEN ENGINES NOT BLOWN.

something fucked up on the turbo and caused it to burn oil, and parts broke within it and made it sound like shit...

returned her back to N/A today

shes fine now.

The sig name is new from a local forum. sorry to confuse anyone.
                    My Member's Ride Page
                    The Accords gone but I will forever belong to CB7Tuner

Comment

o BTW.......

THEN ENGINES NOT BLOWN.

something fucked up on the turbo and caused it to burn oil, and parts broke within it and made it sound like shit...

returned her back to N/A today

shes fine now.
                      nice, what turbo set up were you using???

Not my fault my dick only fits magnums.
                      Why drink and drive when you can smoke and FLY?

Comment

Working...
                      X