Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

turboing my auto accord..what upgrades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

turboing my auto accord..what upgrades

well guys i am turboing my f22a6 automatic accord with a 14b setup. but i am wondering what are some simple upgrades or stuff that would be good to change for the setup.

things i plan on changing/

1. water pump
    2. timing belt.

what else should i change?

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=44998&page=1

your auto transmission will go out, i don't think it can handle that much power imo

have you checked your compression before going into the turboing
    Members Ride

Comment

^no its not just your opinion...its fact

If you turbo an auto, that didnt have one from factory, Your Tranny will go out. I was going to turbo my 3rd gen. accord hatch back. But i heard about people that did and their trannies went out.

-Jordan

I ♥/Miss My Coupe

Comment

Search dog, and you can upgrade everything if you want. It is just how reliable you want it to be. IMO being a N/A h22 guy its what I hear.
        Originally posted by deevergote
        ..It's not cheap to build a fast CB7, especially NA. However, if you're willing to put the money into the car, it's well worth it in the end. There ARE faster cars out there, but some people, like me, want THIS particular car to be fast!...
        Sold to:tanNn2koo,9tAkord,ThrakBarts,nahmo,andrizzle,or anger
        Bought from:93a-lude, bruno8747, soysauce

1993 H22A cb7 <3 miss you
        04 WRX stg 2 sedan
        Current - 02 WRX stg 2 wagon

Comment

yeah n/a for daily driver is pretty good, i have had my h22 for a couple of months and no problems, with turbo, you have to always keep and eye for things, and maintain it more, but thats up to you of course
          Members Ride

Comment

i hit 190whp/190wtq on my auto...then i beat on it and it went out and ended up stranded, lol.

IMO, save up for the 5 spd

Formerly 91AccordExR33
            11.68 @ 127mph
            417whp/375wtq
            Sold: 8/2016

Comment

ill let accordexr33 handle the turbo with auto debate.

but as far as changing things. the head gasket is always a good thing to replace before boost

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Originally posted by civic_90_08
                ^no its not just your opinion...its fact

If you turbo an auto, that didnt have one from factory, Your Tranny will go out. I was going to turbo my 3rd gen. accord hatch back. But i heard about people that did and their trannies went out.

-Jordan
                i dissagree...we put a turbo on my brothers camry way back and we used to beat the shit outta that car, like slam it in reverse and do neutral drops all the time, launching off the line with boost, etc. I dunno if toyota autos own hondas, but we never had an issue whatsoever with that auto trans and the turbo. Just my .02, i dont have experiance with this issue in hondas~
                justin
                My baby laying down some power...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd_Q8HSIyqA

Comment

from what i've learned from autos, ur syncros are designed to ONLY withhold near stock mods, prolly like i/h/e without any problems. when u slap a turbo on, ur putting more torque than the tranny was designed to handle(unless u granny drive it, but who does that when they first turbo ur first car) so ur start to wear it out sooner than neutral droppin it stock or near stock....could be wrong though, but thats why i aint slappin no turbo on no auto unless its built to new factory spec or better
                  "You don't have to be a Phi Beta Kappa to know not to strip-search a girl who is accused of stealing change,"

I did gagoogity that girl. I gashmoigitied her gaflavity with my googis. And I am sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by m-tec93accord
                    from what i've learned from autos, ur syncros are designed to ONLY withhold near stock mods, prolly like i/h/e without any problems. when u slap a turbo on, ur putting more torque than the tranny was designed to handle(unless u granny drive it, but who does that when they first turbo ur first car) so ur start to wear it out sooner than neutral droppin it stock or near stock....could be wrong though, but thats why i aint slappin no turbo on no auto unless its built to new factory spec or better
                    that makes sense
                    justin
                    My baby laying down some power...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd_Q8HSIyqA

Comment

Working...
                    X