Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Spark Plugs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spark Plugs?

I have an f22a1 turbo.

What spark plugs do i need?

Ive searched...
    1992 Honda Prelude S - Swapped F22A6 - Turbo 16g Powered!

Mods: 3" Exhaust,450CC Injectors, DSM Manifold, DSM Ported 16g, Stealthmode Oil Line Kit, RFL BOV, JDM Black Housing Headlights, Clear Corners, Tinted Tails, Forbidden Short Shifter, Front Mount Intercooler, Chipped and Tuned P06 ECU - Tuned With Uberdata, Lowered 1.7,6 Puck Clutch"

PARTING OUT F22A1

best bet is 2 step colder plugs for detonation purposes. ngk iridiums are a good bet. i have mine gapped to .29
    1993 CB7
    2001 BB6

Comment

2 step colder is over kill...i jus need a 1 step..im only gonna be pushing 8psi.

Looking for some part numbers

Mods: 3" Exhaust,450CC Injectors, DSM Manifold, DSM Ported 16g, Stealthmode Oil Line Kit, RFL BOV, JDM Black Housing Headlights, Clear Corners, Tinted Tails, Forbidden Short Shifter, Front Mount Intercooler, Chipped and Tuned P06 ECU - Tuned With Uberdata, Lowered 1.7,6 Puck Clutch"

PARTING OUT F22A1

Comment

ummmm.... safe isnt considered overkill, almost reputable setup on this site is running ngk 2steps, and only pushing 8-10 psi, but do what you want... i dont have the part number handy at the moment, i threw the box out, but im sure the guys at napa will know it if someone on this site doesnt remember it...
        1993 CB7
        2001 BB6

Comment

haha i put bk7re's in...wow the previous owner told me he put 1 step colders in...there was champions in there..and they were 5's...no wonder the boost was jerky.

PARTING OUT F22A1

Comment

Champion's would make the car run like shit even if everything was factory.

Best overall plug = 2 step colder NGK's, period.

I have mine gapped at .032, they were at .030 but they weren't burning all that great.
            wat

Comment

ngk 1 step colder is what i run thing they r called ngk-zfr611. gaped at 40 or 42 with nology wires no problems.

Comment

The oe plugs that I use are ngk zfr511 the 5 stands for the burn rate the higher the number the higher the burn rate so zfr611 would be hotter than stock. Maybe Im wrong but I thats what the part store told me

Comment

Originally posted by kricket
                  The oe plugs that I use are ngk zfr511 the 5 stands for the burn rate the higher the number the higher the burn rate so zfr611 would be hotter than stock. Maybe Im wrong but I thats what the part store told me
                  wrong! ngks are done backwards, but u r right about other brand plugs.

Comment

ngk's ftw!
                    My baby laying down some power...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd_Q8HSIyqA

Comment

Originally posted by Backfire32
                      ngk 1 step colder is what i run thing they r called ngk-zfr611. gaped at 40 or 42 with nology wires no problems.

I also run those plugs. I had them gapped at 43, but after I went past 8 psi (At 9.5 now) they started to miss and blow out in the top end so I regapped to 38 and all is good.

L8r
                      Turbo H23a3 build has begun
                      01-01-2019

Comment

i got ngk-zfr711. gaped at 28 or 29. MSD 6BTM with MSD wires and BLASTER 2 coil.

Comment

Originally posted by oneoffaccord
                          i got ngk-zfr711. gaped at 28 or 29.

Same plugs I was using, had mine gapped to .30
                          1993 Prelude S
                          F22A1
                          custom'ish turbo setup
                          180 whp/217 ft-lbs super hot, super humid, super rich, boost falling off at 8psi
                          18psi boost spike = BOOM!!!!!
                          currently being rebuilt

Comment

i use the bkr6 ngk plugs, i had issues with iridiums...spark was getting blow out at .029 gap. swapped them out for one step colder non iridiums and it runs perfect now
                            h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

FS: 1 Piece JDM Headlghts blackhoused

My Members Ride !
                            New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

Working...
                            X