Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

And Another Bites The Dust.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And Another Bites The Dust.......

Well, I finished off my fourth clutch today

So now this list is:

Oem-2002
    Clutchnet.com 6 puck-2002-2003
    CM Full face carbon kevlar 2003-2004 (turbo'd and this one had no chance
    CM FX500 Stage 5 Un-sprung hub 4 puck 2004-2006

My flywheel is also toast, so this is looking like an expensive round of mods coming up.

I think I'm gonna go with a Fidanza 8lb flywheel and another CM 4 puck, but I was just looking for anyone elses input or recomendations.

This 4 puck is suprisingly smooth, for a 4 puck clutch, and lasted me two years of traffic and some serious abuse (Some full throttle shifting at the track today with bfg drag radials is what finaly put it in its grave )

Been looking around and haven't really found to much that peaked my interest, but thought I'd post up and see what others had to say.

Thanks all

L8r
    Last edited by bjaccord; 09-23-2006, 08:13 PM.
    Turbo H23a3 build has begun
    01-01-2019

Got any idea on the flywheel you want? I got my 8lb from fidanza. $160 shipped off ebay and its been great so far. My XTD stage 3 six puck has held up pretty good, but i'm not making 280 HP so I don't know how it'd hold up for ya.

Can't g0 wrong with the fidanza though.

Comment

your post title scared me.... glad to see it's just a clutch. whew....

my exedy stage 2 has held up well, and ive been ragging on it pretty hard since the snail went in, still able to chirp into gears when i need to... i think i ended up paying around 200 for it on ebay?
      1993 CB7
      2001 BB6

Comment

damn brady!! well i guess its time to upgrade. btw did you ever get that speed sensor working?

Comment

Nope, still looking for an f22 speed sensor gear thing (The part that is pressed onto the differential itself) The actuall VSS is fine.

L8r
          01-01-2019

Comment

ACT Spring hub 6 pluck.
            ACT Streetlite flywheel.

You will not regret it.

Comment

I've had a 6 puck before, not that one, but it didn't last as long as the 4 puck did.

I know you made more power than I do now, but I use full throttle shift and beat on mine at the strip getting every last bit out of it.

Do you think the 6 puck will take it???
              01-01-2019

Comment

Originally posted by bjaccord
                I've had a 6 puck before, not that one, but it didn't last as long as the 4 puck did.

I know you made more power than I do now, but I use full throttle shift and beat on mine at the strip getting every last bit out of it.

Do you think the 6 puck will take it???
                6 Pad clutch

4 Pad

Same torque capacity. The 4 pads are known to be quicker and harsher. I love how smooth the 6's are for street vs, the 4's. Having more surface area for grip will increase clutch life of the 6 pad vs the 4. In this case, more is good.

Comment

Originally posted by bjaccord
                  Well, I finished off my fourth clutch today

So now this list is:

Oem-2002
                  Clutchnet.com 6 puck-2002-2003
                  CM Full face carbon kevlar 2003-2004 (turbo'd and this one had no chance
                  CM FX500 Stage 5 Un-sprung hub 4 puck 2004-2006

My flywheel is also toast, so this is looking like an expensive round of mods coming up.

I think I'm gonna go with a Fidanza 8lb flywheel and another CM 4 puck, but I was just looking for anyone elses input or recomendations.

This 4 puck is suprisingly smooth, for a 4 puck clutch, and lasted me two years of traffic and some serious abuse (Some full throttle shifting at the track today with bfg drag radials is what finaly put it in its grave )

Been looking around and haven't really found to much that peaked my interest, but thought I'd post up and see what others had to say.

Thanks all

L8r
                  Dude, my act clutch kicks ass. Never slipped yet. I have the act streetlite flywheel, and xtss clutch. Its the extreme pressure plate and the street disc. Its rated to 400 lb ft of torque. If you use simply use one of their puck discs it will handle 500 lb ft... with the extreme pressure plate.
                  12.5 at 114.6mph 15psi
                  11.7 and 11.5 20.5psi
                  F22a1
                  60-1 td06h turbo
                  Darton mid sleeves
                  85.5 wiseco 8.8:1 forged pistons
                  Crower pro billet rods
                  Custom ported head.
                  KMS valves
                  F23 headgasket
                  ARP H23 headstuds
                  H23 upper intake manifold
                  F22a6 lower intake manifold
                  Intake manifold is gutted
                  AEM EMS 1040u
                  FIC 850cc injectors
                  Walbro 255 pump
                  H23 manual trans
                  Prelude shifter assembly
                  Forbidden short throw
                  Nitrous Express Kit installed, never used on this motor

Comment

Brady go with ACT, I have an ACT full disc satge 2 street/strip and ACT pressure plate and stock flywheel. don't get an 8lb flywheel vuz it will be harder launch and traffic driving wont be nice Or go for a 6 puck ACT clutch , they are very streetable bot sprung and unsprung and hold great power. but so far my full face disc is holding up good boosted h23
                    h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

FS: 1 Piece JDM Headlghts blackhoused

My Members Ride !
                    New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

My Competition Clutch 6puck sprung hub [stage 4] is awesome. Drives good, for a high torque clutch, in traffic. Stands street and strip abuse [4 runs in 4 hrs in one day, and 3 runs in 3 hrs in one day] and it shifts PERFECT! 12lb Comp. Clutch flywheel too. Love it!
                      wat

Comment

Well, it seems as if most of you like the ACT stuff, and I've never tried them so I might as well add them to the list. I just hope it can handle full throttle shift, because my CM is still fine, hit boost whatever, just slips like crazy if I attempt even a fast shift with barely letting off the throttle.

On the other hand I've heard good things on the Comp. Clutches as well.

I'll call the companies tomorrow and get some prices from a few places on the net and see whats up.

As far as a flywheel, I've had this 8lb one for like 5 years almost, I'm well adjusted to it so I think I'll get another 8lb'r, it was a bitch at first but ehh, it's not so bad now.

We shall see. I'll keep you guys updated on what I get.

L8r and thanks
                        01-01-2019

Comment

Willie@twistedimports.net or v4lu3s over on Honda Society.
                          wat

Comment

Originally posted by straightedge
                            Willie@twistedimports.net or v4lu3s over on Honda Society.

i think v4lu3s is here too.

Anyways i'm in the same boat as you Brady. Looking for something to hold 350-400wtq but not make me walk with a limp

Guys with the strong ACT clutches how is the pressure feel? Is it like pushing a brick wall or could u stand 1-2 hours of stop and go traffic with it?
                            Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

my pedal is pretty stiff... And the clutch travel is a lot less them an OEM clutch, and u will have to adjust your clutch pedal play and height... I've been stuck in traffic before and it sux bigtime...
                              Everytime i need to go i need to rev it up past 2k and let out the clutch and the tires always chirp... The rain sux even worse... I think my flywheel is around 13lbs... I miss driving mine though... cant wait to fit my turbo...
                              12.5 at 114.6mph 15psi
                              11.7 and 11.5 20.5psi
                              F22a1
                              60-1 td06h turbo
                              Darton mid sleeves
                              85.5 wiseco 8.8:1 forged pistons
                              Crower pro billet rods
                              Custom ported head.
                              KMS valves
                              F23 headgasket
                              ARP H23 headstuds
                              H23 upper intake manifold
                              F22a6 lower intake manifold
                              Intake manifold is gutted
                              AEM EMS 1040u
                              FIC 850cc injectors
                              Walbro 255 pump
                              H23 manual trans
                              Prelude shifter assembly
                              Forbidden short throw
                              Nitrous Express Kit installed, never used on this motor

Comment

Working...
                              X