Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Finaly boosting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From all the threads that I've read and went through it appears to me that there has been about 3 bad incidents with there turbo's (The infamous split in half one from like 2 years ago) and a couple others with bad bearing and such (But you never know what really happened, did the installer do something wrong, kink the return line, tap the wrong place on the block?
    Who knows)

I've seen a few cars using there complete kits all with great results.

I purchased an XS power manifold and the welds look good, flanges were mildly warped (Nothing a machine shop couldn't fix) and overall a good manifold.

The older manifolds had there problems, thin metal, no bracing, junk welds, I've seen a few of those in person as well.

There newer ones are much better.

This pacesetter manifold I have no idea, best of luck with it.

I'm gonna say that the kit works fine, especially for the money.

Go with it, if something goes wrong just replace what went wrong, most of these kits will get you off to a good start for very little $

L8r
    Turbo H23a3 build has begun
    01-01-2019

Comment

.70 A/R...

Comment

Originally posted by bjaccord
        From all the threads that I've read and went through it appears to me that there has been about 3 bad incidents with there turbo's (The infamous split in half one from like 2 years ago) and a couple others with bad bearing and such (But you never know what really happened, did the installer do something wrong, kink the return line, tap the wrong place on the block?
        Who knows)

I've seen a few cars using there complete kits all with great results.

I purchased an XS power manifold and the welds look good, flanges were mildly warped (Nothing a machine shop couldn't fix) and overall a good manifold.

The older manifolds had there problems, thin metal, no bracing, junk welds, I've seen a few of those in person as well.

There newer ones are much better.

This pacesetter manifold I have no idea, best of luck with it.

I'm gonna say that the kit works fine, especially for the money.

Go with it, if something goes wrong just replace what went wrong, most of these kits will get you off to a good start for very little $

L8r
        well thanks for the positive info, and i spent $350 on everything btw, well at least this will get me on the 'turbo road' haha, if anything breaksi ill just replace as needed, i am pretty sure the motor will blow pretty soon if anything, while i have the pan off, could i pull pistons from the bottom and install new rings and or pistons? isnt it more ideal to install them from the top, along with doing rod bearings why she is apart
        Last edited by John Conner18; 09-28-2006, 07:15 PM.
        My Ride17.34 @ 78mph with 260k on her

Comment

Originally posted by 90EX
          .70 A/R...
          What????

My t04e housing is an .60 A/R

A few others on here are running sc60's with .70 a/r's

I don't understand the confused smily guy I guess.

L8r
          Turbo H23a3 build has begun
          01-01-2019

Comment

Originally posted by John Conner18
            well thanks for the positive info, and i spent $350 on everything btw, well at least this will get me on the 'turbo road' haha, if anything breaksi ill just replace as needed, i am pretty sure the motor will blow pretty soon if anything, while i have the pan off, could i pull pistons from the bottom and install new rings and or pistons? isnt it more ideal to install them from the top, along with doing rod bearings why she is apart
            Impossible to pull them out the bottom. Once you have that apart, you'll see.

Even after getting the crank out, with the way the block is cast, the piston skirts will catch and will not come out. Also, think about what you have to do to get the crank out. Yep, that's right, trans comes off so you can pull the flywheel and rear main seal retainer. Finally, how the hell are you going to use a piston ring compressor when all the casting material for the main bearing seats are in the way?

Comment

That turbo isnt of good quality. Thats an ebay turbo not bad but you didnt get it from xspower or ssautochrome they are of the same name I think they went under a new name. Please tell me this one isnt the one you got correct and did you get the manifold from the same place if you have I wish you the best . Just be very careful with that setup okay.

Comment

no i didnt get it from online, the guy i got it from is just known to sell cheap car stuff, dam this sucks i knew it was pretty shady, this coulda been alot of stuff for the cuda o well, i guess i could just resell it, or just slap her on and see what happens, im kinda leary(sp?) now about it though, i was nervious before no i am even more, just the fact pos turbo....beat to hell engine, o well
                My Ride17.34 @ 78mph with 260k on her

Comment

yeah h22sparkle's right xs is ssautocrome = good luck
                  FS: DSM turbo parts,OEM parts, and more.....
                  My Members Ride Thread - R.i.P

Comment

i disagree. I have the xs manifold, it looks good(structurally). The welds are all decent, its braced in several different spots. As for flow, some minor DIY and it'll be a nice little manifold. Along with additional bracing the manifold will be fine. Although the one weld on your mani, i think where it starts the collector, doesn't look that great. the flange welds look okay.
                    Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

its an xs power turbo... you can see their logo on the box in the first picture...
                      1993 CB7
                      2001 BB6

Comment

If it was a genuine 16g that's been ported you wouldn't be able to get just the turbo for 350

Comment

Originally posted by 92ex
                          i disagree. I have the xs manifold, it looks good(structurally). The welds are all decent, its braced in several different spots. As for flow, some minor DIY and it'll be a nice little manifold. Along with additional bracing the manifold will be fine. Although the one weld on your mani, i think where it starts the collector, doesn't look that great. the flange welds look okay.
                          yeah but im sayin though you made it work for you whos to say if he would have if he didnt ask? or if you didnt put that info out there.

Comment

Congratulations on the boosting acomplishment! I'll be glad whebn I'm there.
                            600HP" 1990 ACCORD LX COUPE COMING SOON

CLICK HERE TO VIEW MY 1990 CB7

Comment

Originally posted by bjaccord
                              What????

My t04e housing is an .60 A/R

A few others on here are running sc60's with .70 a/r's

I don't understand the confused smily guy I guess.

L8r
                              no, I just thought it was a bit big for a 16g. since I dont think ive ever seen actual specs of the turbine.

Comment

just grabbed my manifold to check. we have the same exact manifold. your collector weld looks A LOT worse then mine...dunno. Couple things you might wanna fix, the ports going to the head, clean them up a bit, there rough and will slightly disturb the flow. Clean up where the flange meets the turbine, its also rough, it will flow better. The collector is the only thing I don't like about this manifold, but its good enough. You might wanna think about running one brace to the front brace inbetween the flange and collector for extra security. All in all its a pretty good mani
                                Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Working...
                                X