Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

How to build a JDM F22B for Daily Driven 350whp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to build a JDM F22B for Daily Driven 350whp?

Below are the things i currently have for my engine build/turbo build, im going for 350whp daily driven, and turn it up couple psi for the track, every now and than, maybe 400-450whp max, Im not gonna re-sleeve the f22 block, however i am thinkin of either block posting or block filling, still need to do more research on that, I understand that tunning and the right turbo is very very crutial to the setup, however i am only asking for suggestions on which parts I need to handle the power, ie high volume oil pump, etc. Thanks for any help!

Things I have:
    Fully built head;
    -Some Port and Polish
    -3 Angle Valve Job
    -Flat Mill Decks
    -Crower Acura RSX Dual Valve Springs (custom fitted)
    -Crower Acura RSX Titanium Retainers (custom fitted)
    -Ferrea 30mm Exhaust valve, 5.46mm stem, 123.55mm OAL
    -Ferrea 33mm Intake valve, 5.48mm stem, 112.10 OAL
    Delta 282 Camshaft
    AEM Cam Gear
    Forged pistons (custom wiseco made to work with h22 eagle H beam rods)
    Eagle H-beam forged rods
    Last edited by aleks77; 11-10-2006, 07:51 PM.
    1991 Accord LX Coupe - Boosted F22 - 5spd LSD - Shaved Bay - Work VSXX - Recaro SRD

Member's Ride Page | Video of my CB7, Open Downpipe peelout

Buy forged internals, and replace the stock non-forged internals. Thats only the start of it.

Tuning is the catalyst.

On a sidenote, does Eagle make rods for the F22/H23 blocks? When I was gathering my parts, I couldn't find any. Thus I went with Probe Rods. I will send those to get cryotreated (not sure if its applicable tho).

You cant go wrong with a high-volume oil pump and pan. Its kinda like cheap insurance.
    Last edited by KillerCam282; 10-08-2006, 06:58 PM.

Comment

are you going turbo? because a 350 hp n/a would rip!!!!

Comment

CB7Tuner Forums > Parts & Performance > Performance Tech > Forced Induction

yes im going turbo
        1991 Accord LX Coupe - Boosted F22 - 5spd LSD - Shaved Bay - Work VSXX - Recaro SRD

Comment

Originally posted by aleks77
          CB7Tuner Forums > Parts & Performance > Performance Tech > Forced Induction

yes im going turbo
          buy my turbo kit please!!!! but ask lodollar i believe hes at 400whp
          www.2camcrew.com

Comment

2 main things, above all else that will get you there.

1. Tuning
            2. Correct turbo

IMO, those are gonna be the 2 most important factors. Oddly enough, you didn't mention either...
            Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

well thats a given, i understand that tuning is extremely important, and also the correct turbo, im just wondering on the hardware itself, obviously the more you upgrade the better but i dont want to waste money on things that dont need to be upgraded till lets say 500+whp, i rather spend that money on dyno tuning.

Thanks for all the input so far

Comment

Originally posted by KillerCam282
                On a sidenote, does Eagle make rods for the F22/H23 blocks? When I was gathering my parts, I couldn't find any. Thus I went with Probe Rods. I will send those to get cryotreated (not sure if its applicable tho).

Eagle does not make rods for H23/F22B. Crower and (I think) Carillo, maybe Manley are the only ones I could find that do (this is strictly FORGED rods, not the Probes that are obviously made for our applications). I'm going to use Eagle H22 rods with custom pistons from Arias. That route comes out to be about the same price as using off the shelf pistons and rods, but I can get the pistons made to whatever specs I want.
                1993 Prelude S
                F22A1
                custom'ish turbo setup
                180 whp/217 ft-lbs super hot, super humid, super rich, boost falling off at 8psi
                18psi boost spike = BOOM!!!!!
                currently being rebuilt

Comment

Originally posted by aleks77
                  well i found a JDM F22b here locally with a blown ringland, the guy wants $300 CND for the engine, and $200 CND for brand new eagle H beam rods, and i can pick up a set of forged Wiesco pistons for under $500, this is the way i want to go, however my goal is a 350 whp daily driven car, and im not sure if just forged pistons and eagle rods is enough? Im not sure what else i need, but i have an idea, any suggestions would be appreciated;

- Forged pistons
                  - Eagle rods
                  - ARP headstuds
                  - OEM brand new headgasket
                  - High volume oil pump/bigger oil pan?
                  - Hone the cylinders (a must?)
                  - Delta 272 regrind?
                  dont forget the block guard!!!!
                  92 LX. A6 with GUDE bullfrog Cam. M2S4 transmission..Gutted H23 intake mani. The rest you will just have to find out!

MR Thread:
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=174586
                  My tribute page: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=70489

Comment

theres no need for a block guard. if anything, get it resleeved.

but yes, im 100% with rob. you havent mentioned anything about turbo or tuning.

you can have 350whp with no fucking traction down low, you can be laggy as hell. it all depends on the turbo.

whoever said the forced induction forum was turning into a noob forum is 100% correct.

this isnt a progress thread, nor a thread where you atleast have SOME information.

research other peoples setups, go around the internet and research what rods and pistons are out there.

honing is not a must, actually nothing is a must for that matter. BUT, in not doing so, you would be a complete idiot. If you need to ask these questions about your engines well being, then you are not even close to turboing. these should be a given thing. why would you NOT run a higher volume oil pump, or hone the cylinders? people need to start thinking about things before they ask.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy

whoever said the forced induction forum was turning into a noob forum is 100% correct.
                      Yep that was me too
                      Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
                        theres no need for a block guard. if anything, get it resleeved.

you can have 350whp with no fucking traction down low, you can be laggy as hell. it all depends on the turbo.

this isnt a progress thread, nor a thread where you atleast have SOME information.

research other peoples setups, go around the internet and research what rods and pistons are out there.

honing is not a must, actually nothing is a must for that matter. BUT, in not doing so, you would be a complete idiot. If you need to ask these questions about your engines well being, then you are not even close to turboing. these should be a given thing. why would you NOT run a higher volume oil pump, or hone the cylinders? people need to start thinking about things before they ask.
                        uhhhhhhh man don't be that harsh. we are here to teach people. its always a pleasure to see when people want to do something big with their cb7. sure he should search but at least he has an idea of what big things he should upgrade first to reach his goal. we got planty of threads in here starting with "what should i do to reach 400whp". lol now those threads are what we should watch out for. lol
                        are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

thanks alb i have read many many of the setups on this board, and what people have done to their engine, and how much power they are putting out, mainly the only thing im unsure about is weather to get a Block Guard or not, it seems like many people say its not needed, and others say get it, i dont mind buying it for the peace of mind, but if its gonna hinder performance or cost me a rediculous amount ($500+ with labour) than is it really worth it?

Comment

devcon filling or block posting is much better and cheaper than block guards.
                            search for both of those methods of sleeve reinforcing on hmt.

*Edit*

heres how to block fill. I think this is the way im going to go becuase block posting on the F is gona be difficult on cylinders 1&4.
                            http://www.homemadeturbo.com/forum/i...?topic=36739.0

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

noob- im gana do this..........how do i do this?

veteran- flame flame flame

novice- don’t be so harsh

noob- ends up doing nothing, getting an h22, or doing a dsm build

^^^^^^ 3 times a week

Old Ride-New Ride

Comment

Working...
                              X