Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

How to build a JDM F22B for Daily Driven 350whp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d112crzy
    your turbo is perfect.
    Keep in mind that there are plenty of other factors that contribute to the spool rate. Most important one is my exhaust flow. I have 3 inches from the turbo back, with an atmospheric dump WG. I may upgrade my WG soon.

Comment

atmospheric dumb WG is better then dumping back into the exhaust?

I researched which turbo to get quiet a bit, and decided to go with the Garrett t3/t04B H trim 0.63 a/r stage 3 turbine, however this turbo spools up rather quick compared to something like yours. I never thought of it that way before, later spool = less traction problems. Your turbo seems a little on the big side for my goals of 350whp, 400 MAX, doesnt seem like it will be very efficient at those power levels.
      1991 Accord LX Coupe - Boosted F22 - 5spd LSD - Shaved Bay - Work VSXX - Recaro SRD

Member's Ride Page | Video of my CB7, Open Downpipe peelout

Comment

Originally posted by aleks77
        atmospheric dumb WG is better then dumping back into the exhaust?

I researched which turbo to get quiet a bit, and decided to go with the Garrett t3/t04B H trim 0.63 a/r stage 3 turbine, however this turbo spools up rather quick compared to something like yours. I never thought of it that way before, later spool = less traction problems. Your turbo seems a little on the big side for my goals of 350whp, 400 MAX, doesnt seem like it will be very efficient at those power levels.
        Atmospheric dumps allow the turbo to spool up faster. The brutal side effect is that the wastegate noise is insane (Mine is at least). Its also recommended you get a dump, because they spit fire every now and then. Also, bigger wastegates allow you to run more psi and ultimately they can handle more hp.

On a side note I believe my turbo's max hp is like 650 or some shit...

Comment

how do you deal with the fire? have it pointed away from everything? bigger wastegate is not always better tho, with smaller power goals you want a smaller wastegate
          1991 Accord LX Coupe - Boosted F22 - 5spd LSD - Shaved Bay - Work VSXX - Recaro SRD

Comment

Just route the wastegate dump to the ground, and away from anything important. You can see it in the pic below, it's a 1 3/4" pipe next to the downpipe. L8r

Turbo H23a3 build has begun
            01-01-2019

Comment

Originally posted by bjaccord
              Just route the wastegate dump to the ground, and away from anything important. You can see it in the pic below, it's a 1 3/4" pipe next to the downpipe. L8r

do you have any problems with exhaust coming back up into the car?

Comment

Originally posted by sulimed
                do you have any problems with exhaust coming back up into the car?

Not that I've ever noticed really.

Think about this though, by the time it opens up and starts dumping, your going atleast 25 mph, and normaly on the street, it never opens unless your really getting on it.

And as killercam282 said, they can get crazy loud when your full throttle, but some are different than others (I've compared three other cars, running tial wastegates, and mine was by far louder, not really sure why though).

L8r
                01-01-2019

Comment

what kind of "sound" are we talking about? Like bov whoosh, fart can noise? straight exhaust with no cat? Thanks

Comment

Open header, maybe even a bit louder. Again though, only get this at full throttle, once full boost is made. L8r
                    01-01-2019

Comment

Originally posted by bjaccord
                      Open header, maybe even a bit louder. Again though, only get this at full throttle, once full boost is made. L8r
                      Yeah, thats how it sounds. My Deltagate makes my idle sound horrible...Getting a Tial soon.

Comment

Working...
                      X