Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Anybody with a F22B-LSD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody with a F22B-LSD?

Need your opinion guys as far as a H22 with one of these tranny's. I really can't decide but I know I really want LSD more than anything. Is it too much trouble to get a non-lsd tranny converted to LSD or is cost effective just to get a oem h22-lsd equipped tranny and be done with it.

I'm in the market for a tranny and want to know if any of you has a F22B tranny with a LSD installed? I have the option of getting a H23 tranny, F22B, or F22A for only $250. I'm kinda leaning towards a F22B since it probably has the lowest mileage. Is the tranny housing like exactly 100% identical to a h23?

How much of a impact in the 1/4 mile does a F-series tranny have over a H22 shorter geared tranny? I mean i've seen some fast turboed 97up ludes at the track and shorter gearing doesn't seem to be effecting their times. Does having a longer geared F-series tranny mainly good for like downshifting while racing other factory turbo vehicles exp. a SRT-4 on the road?

I know the F22 tranny has the longest gearing and is supposingly good for boost...however I can get a LSD h22a tranny for $1000 and maybe save some money overall since a good aftermarket LSD can be like $800+ and buying one + labor charges to throw it in a F-series or H23 housing will cost more. Anybody using a phantom grip LSD?

I've seen some brand new ones on forums going for under $300 and was wondering if this was a piece of junk LSD compared to a OBX-R. I've heard stories about Phantom Grips shattering but I know they been around for awhile and heard success stories as well. The units themselves look very basic compared to somethin like the obx-r helical lsd. Whats the difference in between helical, vicious, etc. LSDs? I mean a LSDs main duty is to keep power transfer to both wheels considerably even. That phantom grip looks like a square with a hole machined through it to me.
    I need a custom turbo manifold built....
    707 NorCal NinjaZ

Honda Twincam Motorwerkz?
    "I am the Yakuza CB7!"
    '92 Accord Sedan SiR

ive had the prelude si tranny before with the short gears, i hated it with my turbo setup. first gear ripped through in a second with NO traction, 2nd gear ripped through in a second with no traction and half way through 3rd i would stop spinning. now i mated the h23 with a f22a tranny and its very nice. with same tires i had before i get grip in 2nd and the car still spins through 1st but while doing so it is still accelerating well. h23+f22 tranny the 1/4 mile can be done in 3 gears for a high 13 pull trapping at 100
    h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

FS: 1 Piece JDM Headlghts blackhoused

My Members Ride !
    New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

Originally posted by Kurobei
      Need your opinion guys as far as a H22 with one of these tranny's. I really can't decide but I know I really want LSD more than anything. Is it too much trouble to get a non-lsd tranny converted to LSD or is cost effective just to get a oem h22-lsd equipped tranny and be done with it.

I'm in the market for a tranny and want to know if any of you has a F22B tranny with a LSD installed? I have the option of getting a H23 tranny, F22B, or F22A for only $250. I'm kinda leaning towards a F22B since it probably has the lowest mileage. Is the tranny housing like exactly 100% identical to a h23?

How much of a impact in the 1/4 mile does a F-series tranny have over a H22 shorter geared tranny? I mean i've seen some fast turboed 97up ludes at the track and shorter gearing doesn't seem to be effecting their times. Does having a longer geared F-series tranny mainly good for like downshifting while racing other factory turbo vehicles exp. a SRT-4 on the road?

I know the F22 tranny has the longest gearing and is supposingly good for boost...however I can get a LSD h22a tranny for $1000 and maybe save some money overall since a good aftermarket LSD can be like $800+ and buying one + labor charges to throw it in a F-series or H23 housing will cost more. Anybody using a phantom grip LSD?

I've seen some brand new ones on forums going for under $300 and was wondering if this was a piece of junk LSD compared to a OBX-R. I've heard stories about Phantom Grips shattering but I know they been around for awhile and heard success stories as well. The units themselves look very basic compared to somethin like the obx-r helical lsd. Whats the difference in between helical, vicious, etc. LSDs? I mean a LSDs main duty is to keep power transfer to both wheels considerably even. That phantom grip looks like a square with a hole machined through it to me.
      If you're running an all-motor/nitrous setup and want better acceleration, the H22 w/LSD tranny is your better/cheapest bet. I paid about the same for my JDM H22 w/LSD and reason it's cheaper is...you will have to pay $250-450 for a H23, F22B or F22ax tranny and then spend another $900 on a Quaife LSD because that is the only LSD worth getting that's similar but stronger than stock LSD design even then, your gearing won't be as good as a H22 for performance.

BTW: JDM h22 LSD has better 5th gear for HWY cruising than USDM H22 just FYI.
      HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

what about obx lsd? there making some headway with it. I plan on using that lsd in about a year
        Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Thanks guys.... so really when I go turbo getting a F-series tranny or H23 tranny is more ideal for traction in 1st and 2nd for high boost. Hmm.. so what about those boost controllers like the APexi-AVC-R? Couldn't I just use one of those and limit the amount of boost off the line to help traction issues with a H22 tranny? Or what about those MSD ignition modules with the rev-limiter? I really want LSD and yeah I was looking at OBX's LSD but I'm still going to wait around for more feedback on those. I almost bought a Euro-R LSD off e-bay for $399 but then I called around my local shops to see how much they would charge and a majority of them were about 350-500 labor.
          I need a custom turbo manifold built....
          707 NorCal NinjaZ

Honda Twincam Motorwerkz?
          "I am the Yakuza CB7!"
          '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

Originally posted by Kurobei
            Thanks guys.... so really when I go turbo getting a F-series tranny or H23 tranny is more ideal for traction in 1st and 2nd for high boost. Hmm.. so what about those boost controllers like the APexi-AVC-R? Couldn't I just use one of those and limit the amount of boost off the line to help traction issues with a H22 tranny? Or what about those MSD ignition modules with the rev-limiter? I really want LSD and yeah I was looking at OBX's LSD but I'm still going to wait around for more feedback on those. I almost bought a Euro-R LSD off e-bay for $399 but then I called around my local shops to see how much they would charge and a majority of them were about 350-500 labor.
            FYI, all first gears in each tranny are the same. I don't think there is a boost controller unit that can shut down and raise boost depending on what gear you are in. However, the AEM standalone might allow you to do that. I just don't remember that for sure. The AEM standalone did have a built-in boost controller.

The MSD soft cut launch limiter is not much of a help IMO. You will just spin tire up to the soft cut. As for you LSD, don't cheap out unless it has a Lifetime warranty.

Comment

Working...
            X